“Perfect for a romantic dinner”

Lacivert Restaurant
Ranked #220 of 14,143 Restaurants in Istanbul
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It all starts with a nice short boat trip crossing the Bosporus which brings you to Lacivert on the Asian side of Istanbul. Try to get a table literally on the sea-side. The food is very good here and so are the wines. We tried the risotto and sea bass and they were perfect. Great place for a romantic night with a sun set view on the European side of Istanbul.

1  Thank Ivo-Knottnerus

Reviewed June 7, 2013

-under the north bridge on the Asia side of the Bosporus with an amazing view across to the Europe side
-it is possible to arrive by boat! The restaurant has its own boat collecting diners from on the coast at a few locations
-great mix of meat and fish
-mezzo to start with, salad, mussels, smokey Aubergine, Calimari, shrimps, stuffed olives = beautiful
-main course was lamb, cooked really well. Very good indeed
-desert was traditional Turkish rice pudding served with pistachio ice cream
-definitely one to remember but recommend booking!!! It was 100% full!!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our friends from Istanbul took us here. The experience starts with a boat ride across from the European side to the Asian side. The boat is owned by the restaurant and shuttles back and forth, a great opportunity for some pics.

We sat outside next to the water. The service was very attentive and friendly. Our friends ordered some mezzo dishes to start, all were delicious and my main dish of lamb and yogurt was exquisite.

Our friends payed, so I don't know what the total was but it didn't seem super expensive from what I remember on the menu.

It was a lovely evening and it would be the first place I booked on a return to Istanbul.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have dined at Lacivert for more than 10 years now and can say this is one of the institutions that stand the test of time. The food is always dependable and although not great value, compared to the crafiness of the pricing in some competitors I would say it is not expensive either. However I found the alcoholic drinks to be really expensive last time, a mediocre "blush" vine should not cost over 100 TL.

The view is probably the best I had in Bosphorus and will blow everybody away, period. Because it is not "distant" like many other trendier restaurants, you are "in" the Bosphorus, living the scene, breathing it. To further augment the experience I recommend going to the hisar on the European side about 1 hour before the sunset and then taking the restaurant's private boat to Lacivert. Having a table right on the dock, by the sea, will complement your perfect night.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The setting is perfection as is the food. Wonderful day away from the hustle of old Istanbul. We stayed for 3 hours and enjoyed every minute!