“With That View Could be Great”
Review of La Maison

La Maison
Ranked #995 of 13,529 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Besiktas
Chester England
“With That View Could be Great”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The food was decent quality but the restaurant is living on its past successes ( awards from 2004) and the view. The atmosphere was poor when we were there because there were very few diners. With a modernisation and the right management a relaunched format could make it one of the top restaurants in the area.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Breathtaking view, awesome wines”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We celebrated our friend's birthday in La Maison last Saturday. It's a gorgeous, posh and peaceful restaurant where you can really enjoy yourself. The wines are incredibly delicious and the waiters have the knowledge to help you choose the perfect wine for your dish(es). To my biggest unluck i chose the worst main course (duck with apple sauce), which i dont recommend at all. The fried mozzarella among the appetizers however, is great.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Felicitas83
Toronto, Canada
“A true French restaurant in Istanbul”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This might be one of my favourite places in Istanbul. I went to La Maison three times, each time a romantic occasion as the restaurant has a great view of the city on the outside balcony area.
But it is not the scene that makes it such a gem but the food served in the restaurant. La Maison is a true French restaurant with a gourmet menu and great food quality. Almost all of the food I tried (as I tried smth different each time) was delicious. As I have a sensitive stomach, I am prone to suffering from bad quality food and unfortunately Istanbul has plenty of that. However, every meal I had in Maison was pleasant both during and afterwards. While the prices are very high, this is a typical problem in Istanbul. At least, in Maison, you can understand where the money goes, which is more than I can say some other high end restaurants in Istanbul. Highly recommend the frog legs as a starter and the slow cooked meat in wine, delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Luxembourg
“Most romantic restaurant in Istanbul”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had booked this for our 30th wedding anniversary dinner, off previous Trip Advisor members had recommended it. Pulling up outside in the taxi I thought to myself, oh heck boo booed again, the outside was a bit of a let down as the restaurant is situated in a pretty nondescript building but a lift up to the restaurant changed all of that, the view from the terrace was quite simply stunning. Arriving at sun down, we were treated to the colours and noises of the Istanbul you imagine like something from a Agatha Christie novel! Night fell then the view came into its own, simply totally stunning! The food could have been rubbish I really didn't care but happily it was excellent and very reasonably priced. Our host and the waiter were absolutely charming and made our evening all the more special! If you are visiting Istanbul with your girlfriend/wife then its a must!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank travelreviewer352
New Milton, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

La maison has been consistently excellent over the various visits I've paid here in the last four months. I count myself lucky to have a place with such excellent service, beautiful view and delicious food just a few doors from my apartment.

The waiters are charming, unobtrusive and polite, making this a great place for a business dinner, a date or a night out with the girls. (I've done them all here!)

The menu is varied and I've been unexpectedly delighted with almost every dish as I've made my way through it. Even things I'd usually not choose have proven excellent!

Today was Mediterranean fish soup (far more tasty than of even dared hope for!) and a repeat visit to the warm Brie and goats cheese salad (still marvellous). And I haven't even decided what I want for dessert yet...

• Visited June 2013