“Informative and fun layover tour of Istanbul”

Istanbul Layover Tours
Ranked #38 of 509 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: The more you travel, the more you will experience. For sure it is true if you ever leave the airport; Istanbul Layover Tours offer private guiding service by licensed professional tour guides from Istanbul Airport to for transit travelers, who have a couple of hours layover between their flights, with multiple comfort options of transportion and flexible tour schedules.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a 7 hour lay over in Istanbul and contacted Istanbul Layover Tours. They arranged everything for us for a visit to the Asia part of Istanbul (with a wonderful dinner of local food), hippodrome, the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sofia. Unfortunately the limited time did not allow us the luxury of a Turkish bath. Israfil was a pleasant guide with knowledge that was not just informative, but also very relevant to what we experienced on our trip to Italy. He easily made connections to our other experiences. I can recommend him and Istanbul Layover Tours. Their service is excellent and they have very clear communication that also directed us to get our visas. Thank you so much!

All reviews
"ciya sofrasi"
"specific requests"
"traditional turkish coffee"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"night tour"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the most amazing day with Latif last week!!!! The total highlight of our 12 day European adventure was the 5.5 hours we were with Latif! Incredibly intelligent and can answer any question we threw at him. My son was in heaven with him and can't wait to go back! Worth every penny and more!!! There isn't more to say than what has been said in the previous reviews but I did want to chime in and agree and make sure he knows how much his sincere hospitality meant to us!!! Thank you again!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Israfil is an amazing guide of an amazing city. His good knowelledge, good humor, kindness and professional attitude has made my short trip pf this great historical city a magnificant experience. Thank you Istanbul layover tours. I would recommend them to everybody!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I want to start off by saying I was ready to explore Istanbul on my own from the airport—something that can come with a bit of risk be it missing your flight, navigating public transportation, ignorance of bad neighborhoods, etc. Then I found out about this concept, and decided to give it a try. When I received the proposed iteniary, I was skeptical that all of this awesomeness would fit into my layover. As soon as I met Israfil, my fears and concerns were immediately washed away. Not only did he have a great attitude, he was sensitive to my needs and interests (although I did pretty much give him full control saying I trusted him). Given this, he was very knowledgeable (history teacher if memory serves) and had tons of insight at all of the locations we visited. He went above and beyond and bought me a magnet when I didn’t have cash on hand. He took me to a food market area and showed me some of his favorite things (Pickles!). If anyone has any concerns about visiting Istanbul (or Turkey in general), I can say that these fears are unfounded, and I can thank Israfil for illustrating this to me.

10/10, would recommend to anyone.

Date of experience: November 2018