Review Highlights
Awesome experience

Had an awesome private tour with Israfil! He showed me quite a lot for the short amount of time I... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Georgette W
via mobile
6 hours in Istanbul

It was a great layover at Istanbul and what made it greater our private tour guide ISRAFL...he was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
muradalhelou
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Istanbul
from $114.40
from $20.80
from $27.70
More Info
All reviews hour layover long layover turkish airlines few hours ferry ride amazing tour spice market free tour highly recommend this tour state department local stops great hour nice van specific requests asian side ataturk airport felt completely safe
Reviewed July 31, 2017

My wife, 16-year old son and I had a short layover in Istanbul during the daytime on our return flight home to Canada. Friends had done the layover tour with Latif on their way to Turkey the previous week and raved about how good it was. The had a long layover and were able to do the full tour, including the ferry ride. Our layover was not long enough for all of the sites, so I emailed Latif to see if he could come up with a condensed version of the tour. He was very responsive and quickly proposed a custom itinerary that would allow us to see some of the sites and still make our way to our flight on time. We couldn't be happier with Latif as a tour guide or with the tour itself. even though it was the shortest of all of our activities, it was likely the most memorable. We are so glad we did it and I would highly recommend this for anyone. It will make your trip and I would not miss it!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Latif is a great guy and a superb touristic guide. Everything worked perfect for my tight schedule: transportation from and to the airport was comfortable and on time, we got to see the important places and he took me to a couple of well selected places of local food.

Best choice if you have a layover in Istambul and want to dont waste the time.

100% recommended!

1  Thank josealejandror683
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a layover in Istanbul about 6 hours so we took advantage of a tour we were so excited we got to see so many amazing things in Istanbul in such a short period of time. Our tour guide took care of everything (he was phenomenal!) from taking us to the beautiful Blue Mosque, Turkish baths, we had lunch on the water, took a ferry ride and much more. He watched the time for us and even took pictures of us so it was a very relaxing layover seeing such a cool city. If you don't take advantage of Istanbul during your layover you are really missing out..we recommend this to all our friends.. thank you!!

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank Eva J
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My wife and I had a six hour layover and had always wanted to see Istanbul. In truth we were more than a bit worried about safety and with such a short layover - essentially 3.5 hours after you account for customs and arriving back in time for security - we weren't sure if we could make this happen. Setting up the trip was easy, Latif outlined the places we could see in the given amount of time and gave us all the information we needed of what to bring and where to meet.

We could not have felt safer and the transfer and tours could not have gone smoother. We were able to see the Byzantine Hippodrome area, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, and go to the spice market. Latif was very knowledgeable and gave an excellent tour. His English is exceptional and his fun disposition was very enjoyable. Even though we were only there a short amount of time we covered quite some ground and were able to try some of the local foods and experience the culture.

I cannot stress enough how safe and enjoyable this was. We never felt uncomfortable or rushed. If seeing Istanbul is on your bucket list this is definitely a great way to see it. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed June 18, 2017

Our 24-hour layover in Istanbul exceeded our expectations. Latif is a true professional and we couldn't have had a better experience.

We were greeted at the airport with private transportation and went to our first stop. Latif was very flexible and coordinated the schedule around our needs (the first one was coffee after an early flight from Athens..). Latif asked us what type of visit we'd like to have and what we were most interested in (the history, food, etc.) We were most excited about the history and there was never a time where Latif was not telling us something interesting about the area and its history.

As a young couple, we could move around pretty quickly and were open to whatever Latif thought would be best to show us. You could tell that he was very good about reading his travelers and their interests. He was also incredibly funny and we both enjoyed his jokes throughout our time with him.

Once we ended our time with Latif, we could not stop talking about how lost we would have been without him. By ourselves, we would have only likely made it to 2-3 destinations but thanks to Latif, we got access to things we would have never thought of to do.

I would recommend Latif to any traveler. If you're considering a layover, he's definitely the way to go!

- Stephanie B. (New York City)

Date of experience: May 2017