Review Highlights
Informative, well-organized, and fun!

I cannot recommend this tour enough. Latif met us at the agreed upon spot and, in spite of our... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Scott L
Seoul, South Korea
Awesome experience

Had an awesome private tour with Israfil! He showed me quite a lot for the short amount of time I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Georgette W
via mobile

All reviews hour layover long layover turkish airlines few hours ferry ride amazing tour spice market free tour highly recommend this tour state department local stops great hour nice van specific requests asian side ataturk airport felt completely safe
Reviewed December 21, 2016

I was traveling to Africa and had a layover Istanbul. So last minute I contacted this company to have something to do for a few hours. The experience was so nice I am considering visiting for a few days next time. Latif to great care of everything and explained alot. Since I arrived after most museums were closed I thought it would be just a simple sweep of the city but I got to see a lot and even a look into some places that were normally closed at that hour. Great time Latif!!

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

We had a long stopover in Istanbul so we contacted Latif for a quick tour after reading his positive reviews. Actually it was a last minute decision so I didn't provide him with many details, and only after meeting with him I told him what we preferred to do. He was able to reschedule all the tour and in just a few hours we toured the city center, we had a food tour with different specialities, Turkish bath and Turkish tea. Latif was always eager to meet our needs and told us many stories about the history, the culture and the present situation of the city and Turkey in general. We couldn't be more satisfied and we'll visit again for sure! Thanks Latif!

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed December 20, 2016

I had a 10 hour layover in Istanbul on my way from Canada to Nepal. I saw good reviews of Latif and his company so contacted him to see what could be arranged. I had some specific requests in mind (eg I wanted to visit a Hamam) and given the timing of my layover and the fact it was already winter season hours many of the sights I wanted to visit would already have closed their doors by the time I arrived. Latif was very responsive and we arranged everything by email beforehand.

The layover tour went off without a hitch between Latif meeting me at the airport with a driver, us walking around, seeing all the sights, having some great food and visiting a couple of interesting neighbourhoods and the spice market, my hamam visit for a soak/sponge and massage (which he had completely arranged) to getting me back to the airport on time.

Latif's knowledge of the history and current context in Istanbul was excellent and our time together very entertaining. He was highly professional and very personable.

Would highly recommend a layover tour with Latif and will definitely book him again the next time I find myself in Istanbul for a layover or even for a longer vacation.

Reviewed November 30, 2016

I had a 15 hour layover with Turkish Airlines (Free Hotel stay if your layover meets certain requirements!!)

I contacted Istanbul Layover Tours to see if a night tour was something that can be done since I arrived at 6:00PM and Latif was very helpful and informative right from the start. 5-6 hour tour was perfect.

I told him places I'd like to see and visit and he added suggestions of his own and was able to create an awesome customized private night tour for me! It was like hanging out with a local friend! Ate some ridiculously good food.. saw a good amount of the major beautiful sites (from the outside since they are closed by then) and I had an all around great time exploring Istanbul! Very much enjoyed taking the ferry to see the Karakoy district and seeing the Bosphorus Bridge. Hung out in the Sultanahmet/Taksim/Istiklal area. Had some Turkish Tea! Ate some delicious Kokorec (lamb intestines)!

So sad I only had a short time in Istanbul, but I cannot wait to plan my next visit!

I would for sure highly recommend Latif - Very professional! Very engaging! Extremely informative!

Thanks again Latif!

Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

13 hour layover turned into amazing time in Istanbul thanks to Latif :)
Latif is very friendly, professional and pleasant person. He even helped me with issuing visa for my visit. Immediately I fell in love with Istanbul Latif's knowledge and way of speaking about his town is amazing. He knows many things from history but also from present. We visited Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, took a tour on Bospohorus canal. I had feeling like I saw many things in short period thanks to Latif's good organizations. Next time when travel to Istanbul will contact Latif to show me more of the town :)