“Highly recommended tour with great tour guide”

Istanbul Layover Tours
Ranked #35 of 499 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: The more you travel, the more you will experience. For sure it is true if you ever leave the airport; Istanbul Layover Tours offer private guiding services by licensed proffesinal tour guides from Ataturk Airport to historical sites and city center for transit travelers, who has a couple of hours layover between their flights, with multiple comfort options of transportion and flexible tour schedules.
Reviewed November 25, 2016 via mobile

13 hour layover turned into amazing time in Istanbul thanks to Latif :)
Latif is very friendly, professional and pleasant person. He even helped me with issuing visa for my visit. Immediately I fell in love with Istanbul Latif's knowledge and way of speaking about his town is amazing. He knows many things from history but also from present. We visited Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, took a tour on Bospohorus canal. I had feeling like I saw many things in short period thanks to Latif's good organizations. Next time when travel to Istanbul will contact Latif to show me more of the town :)

Date of experience: November 2016
"spice market"
in 9 reviews
"free tour"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"ataturk airport"
in 5 reviews
"felt completely safe"

Reviewed November 15, 2016

At first, seven-hour layover in Istanbul seemed like vacation ruined before it even began but Latif from Istanbul Layover Tours turned it into memorable addition to our main trip. We were treated like very special guests from the pick up at the airport till the drop off for the connecting flight. Latif’s hospitality, enthusiasm, positive energy, humor and incredible knowledge not only of Turkey/Istanbul but the culture and history in general were amazing. It was not just the walking lecture about the city but engaging conversation with someone who we felt like our old friend. By the end of the tour we were in love with Istanbul and the only thing we regretted was that the layover was too short. We are definitely coming back and hiring Latif to show us the entire Turkey.

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank Alex Sasha S
Reviewed November 1, 2016

I had a perfect time in Istanbul! I had a 14 hour layover, and so Latif made a customized tour that fit my schedule and interests, and was both informative and fun the whole way through! I learned a ton about the culture and history of Istanbul, and was able to see all the major historical and tourist sties, sample Turkish food, go shopping in the Grand Bazaar, take a river cruise... it really was the perfect layover, and I feel I covered so much ground in such a short period of time due to Latif's great planning. I would highly recommend!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Faith B
Reviewed February 27, 2016

I had a great experience with Istanbul Layover tours! I had a 7 hour layover which I found was plenty of time to see the important sites in the old city. Everything ran smoothly from scheduling over email, picking up and the trip back in time for my connecting flight. Latif was very friendly and easy-going, as well as informative and well organized. He tailored the tour to the time I had available, and kept us moving without making me feel rushed. I saw Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque (from the outside, it was Friday and prayer schedule didn't allow us to go inside) the Cistern, Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market, among other things on the drive into the old town. Also had some delicious Döner Kebab.
Speaking to Latif's integrity, I had found I'd overspent at a spice stall in the market, and was feeling regretful, and he brought me right back after we left, and I was able to return a large portion of my purchases for money back, and no-one made me feel bad for it, neither him nor the shopkeeper.

Date of experience: February 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed April 16, 2015

Had a 10 hour layover in Istanbul and was referred to Istanbul Layover Tours by another tour service who was already booked. I was promptly met at he airport by my guide, Latif Eseler, as promised and begin the tour via the local metro. Based on local traffic, this was the best way to go. He planned the tour based on the amount of time available as well as my specific interests. I also was able to learn a lot about the Turkish people and history. First class experience starting with my initial email contact thru his getting me back to airport in plenty of time to catch my connecting flight.
Definitely would recommend Latif to anyone need a competent, knowledgeable guide in Istanbul.

Date of experience: March 2015