All reviewsgalata towerjapanese roomcoolest hotelresponsive staffgolden hornthe general managerrooms are modernclose to public transportationbeautiful boutique hotelminute walkbreakfast spreadexploring istanbulan upgradegreat showertop floortram stopperfect location
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Very friendly staff; really helpful. Exceptionally clean and interesting decor. Despite proximity to Galata the streets are very quiet at night. Breakfast was good.
Only negative was the beds are really hard.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 24, 2017

I had a nice stay at Bankerhan. Well situated in Galata (near good restaurants, coffee-shops, bars).Luxury and confortable room with an amazing view on the bosphore. The Manager and the staff were very homely and helpful (French speaking)

Room Tip: Bosphore's view
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2017

great service, good breakfast, extraordinary design and paintings, clean, bright and quiet rooms, perfect location (taxi driver could need additional instructions)....It feels like home to me, It feels like home to me

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2017

My time in Bankerhan Hotel was excellent. They offer everything you need to have a pleasant stay - clean rooms, welcoming staff, rich breakfast.
My room was spacious enough with a nice view to the Bosporous. The bed was huge and so comfortable. The complimentary bottles of water were a nice perk as well. There were enough towels in the bathroom and free toiletries.
Loved the contemporary design not only in the room but all around the hotel.
The location is just great. It's just 2 minutes walk from the Galata tower and about 5 minutes from the Galata bridge. There is also a tram stop near.
Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Too long don't read : Handicapped me has a non refundable hotel booking and is in problem because hotel is situated in the steep side of taksim square. Hotel staff and the manager make sure i have no problems and go way out of the way to help us. Won a customer for life!

Okay first of all let me tell you that I have been recently been operated and got both my hip joints changed and when booking with bankerhan I did not exactly know the surrounding area is very steep and it's very hard for someone like me to go up a very steep hill infact it's impossible. We had to change 3 taxi-s because every time they dropped us at the wrong place ( get the hotel to pick you up it's cheaper and very very convenient )

When I reached the hotel I was disheartened because one I couldn't walk anymore due to walking uphill. The rooms were unbelievably amazing but we had selected ajapaneae style room which was mind blowing but it had a low bed which meant once i got it i couldnt come out they were of no use to me. My hotel payment was done 2 weeks ago and was non refundable. I asked for the manager and was directed to zainab. Now I have travelled to many different countries but the way zainab helped me and my wife was the first. I was overwhelmed at the extent she was willing to help us making sure our trip and my health is not compromised. She even told us she would refund us all the money. She sent one of her colleague with us to show us shortcuts. We tried the shortcuts and the minute we understood I can manage it was sure that we were staying in this hotel because of 2 things. First being the hotel staff. They treat you like family. Second it has the best and cleanest rooms.

Once we got back after trying the shortcuts hotel staff mentioned to us we met zainab and asked if she could change our room. It was done in a blink of an eye. She gave us a bigger room with a high bed.

It's safe to say that this is going to one of the best trips because of the hospitality of this hotel and words will never do it justice.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple