“Interesting restaurant, though not strictly vegetarian!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Nature & Peace
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Sheffield
“Interesting restaurant, though not strictly vegetarian!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We enjoyed a lovely meal at the restaurant. I don't eat meat and was pleased to find somewhere that did something a little different in Istanbul than aubergines... My partner does eat meat and he enjoyed the fact that the menu does include some meat options. We enjoyed lovely starters and wine. My only concern was that the main course vegetarian dish I ate did not come with any rice or other carbs and so was a little limited. Otherwise it had a friendly atmosphere and good service and I'd recommend it to vegetarians and non-vegetarians visiting Istanbul.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank YorkshireFoody

Washington, District of Columbia
“nothing Natural or Peaceful about it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

We got really excited about a mostly vegetarian restaurant in Istanbul. We ordered the falafel and the lentil patties. I cannot describe how offensive the falafel was. I totally understand that different places prepare dishes in different traditions. The dish had no veggies and was just flavorless falafel balls covered in a thick, bright yellow, gelatinous (curry?) sauce. It looked as bad as it tasted. We tried to scrape the sauce off but with little success.

The lentil patties were not as offensive but generally unremarkable. There was nothing natural or peaceful about this place. Nothing we were given was fresh. Really terrible food.

• Visited April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank eggplantkafka
Seattle, WA
“Wonderful meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

I had one of my best meals in Istanbul at Nature and Peace. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. The service was the best that we experienced in our week-long vacation. Yakup (not sure of the spelling) was a delight. He was full of great food and wine suggestions. I am looking forward to going back here when I return to Istanbul.

4 Thank Seatim