“Great place for a relaxing break.”
Review of Masal Restaurant

Masal Restaurant
Ranked #427 of 13,979 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: If you would like to taste Turkish Cuisine in between the historical places of Sultanahmet,lets meet in Masal Restaurant
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had lunch at this great little restaurant near to the Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. We enjoyed good service and tasty food. The waiters did not hassle you too much outside as happens in so many streets in Istanbul, The restaurant is used by tour guides and their customers which is always a good sign, I think.
Our only slight complaint (which we couln't do much about really) was a lady sitting nearby who chain smoked over us and shouted into her phone most of the time.. She was a tour guide, I think. Just our bad luck and not the fault of the excellent restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Lovely place near the mosques! Had a relaxing lunch with very nice waiters, didn't try ti persuade us to come in!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were 4 evenings in Istanbul and passed Masal by coincidence, the waiter was very friendly and explained all the different dishes and from wish region they come, not on a pushy way, but very friendly.
The fresh bread you get is the best we had from all restaurants.
Prices are reasonable and the 10% what is standing on the menu as extra for service was not on the bill, so presume they want that as a tip.
Restaurant is very close to the Blue Moskee and the street is pleasant to sit in, the evening we went it was full with Dutch people.
Really a good tip to go and eat there.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very good restaurant ! High quality of service and food ! I reely enjoyed beeing there and I will come back again :)

Reviewed July 28, 2012

As I sat waiting, and waiting, and waiting for my calamari and pizza (traveling with small children) I noticed the Excellent Certificate from TripAdvisor which prompts this review. I wouldn't normally bother to review a cheapy tourist restaurant, but they just don't deserve this rating:
* they drag you in off the street and then just ignore you
* took forever to serve us and bring the food although it was almost empty
* calamari was swimming in cheap oil
* pizza made with cheap processed ingredients
* charged for something I didn't know about (bread maybe)
* added 10% extra to the bill....they must have felt like tipping themselves.
A total rip off, and arrogant to boot.

1  Thank MelbourneUAE