“Fair food at a fair price”
Review of Doy Doy Restaurant

Doy Doy Restaurant
Ranked #227 of 14,491 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We tried Doy Doy as close to our hotel and in our book as a cheap and authentic cafe. It was fine but certainly no longer cheap- we ate more authentic food the other side of Gelata bridge and the atmosphere was canteen like.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

What was good were the prices, they were low. And there's locals eating there, so you think the food will be authentic. But the two times I ate there, I wasn't impressed. First I had a vegetarian kebab, which was totally burnt. Maybe that's how it is supposed to be, but even if you took off the burnt tomato and eggplant skin, it tasted burnt. The second time at the neighboring table they had one of these too, and they hardly even touched it. I had the vegetable pizza, which is like a pan pizza it turned out, with cheese and half a tomato and two pieces of something green. Very dry, half-done dough, not tasty nor healthy. The only good thing about this place is the roof terrace where you have a very close-up view of the Blue Mosque, so bring your camera (also in the dark, because the mosque is lit up).

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I know it sounds crazy to eat Pizza in Istanbul....but we did and it was fantastic, in fact it was so good, we back another time.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good food in a very wonderful and central location.
I have eaten there several times. I love their spicy chicken , kofte, Turkish pizza, Lentil soup and their pilav and cous cous.

It s very cheap for a very good quality of food. During summer, It is a real privilege eating on the terrace

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent food. The view is ok. The climb to the rooftop can be daunting to some. The location is right next to some nice landmarks and hotels.