All reviews antique shops washer dryer orhan pamuk apartment style galata tower tophane tram station beyoglu area offered tea home away from home boutique hotel coffee machine istiklal street narrow streets cafes and restaurants quiet street turkish breakfast small bathroom
Reviewed June 8, 2016

I had a lovely stay in this beautifully appointed modern boutique apartment style hotel. Complete with amenities like my own mini kitchen, Nespresso coffee maker, washing machine, microwave oven and tea kettle. Loved it! Perfect of course is the fact that I had my very own French Veranda over looking an interesting pocket garden. I would sit out there and have a nice cup of joe.. and just enjoy the nice cool weather, sun shine and a relaxing view of the garden. The room is super clean, loved the bed and the pillows. The toiletries were lovely smelling organic shampoos and lotions , btw this hotel hotel is green... I really enjoyed the Turkish breakfast served in the coffee shop which lasted till 12 noon... cool right? Abundant with fruits, cheeses, cold cuts, yummy fresh breads, vegetable omelet and nicely panfried cheese and spinach wrapped in a thin flaky dough pastry. And not to mention the strong turkish coffee to get you started for the day. Lovely feshly squeezed orange juice. I love the location of this hotel because its near very interesting coffee shops, antique stores, artist nooks. Giving you a Soho, Greenwich Village in New York feel but so much cleaner . Close to Taksim Square and walking distance to shoppers haven and all types of restaurants on Istiklal street. At the very end of Istiklal is the Galata Tower, wonderful view of the city across the Bosphorus. I am so impressed by the hospitality of the staff and there genuine kindness and willingness to help. I arrived at 4:30 am and they gave me my room, I had to do laundry and they gave me detergent, they were so helpful in teaching me how to get around and where to go like Princess Island. There was even one instance I woke up at 1:30 am hungry cause i was jet lagged and I called the front desk and they ordered pizza for me! Very cool. Love the staff special mention Abdullah, Ugur and Bulert. Very good location a few minutes walk to the Train station I would highly recommend this home way from home. Thanks so much to Abdullah your my early morning angel, Ugur, and Bulert!

Room tip: I got a nice corner room and it was large and sunny. Rooms on the garden level are more shaded and quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank PeachyJacob
Reviewed June 6, 2016

Spent four lovely days at Hammamhane. Aside from the superb location, this place has it all: great rooms in a beautiful building, an excellent selection for breakfast served in a lovely extended kitchen (or outdoors on the verandah) and, above all, friendly and helpful staff who made us feel instantly at home. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elsbeth W
Reviewed June 6, 2016

The hotel is very delightful. Me and my family loves the place, great location and great service. The staff is very helpful and kind. Room furnuture is so modern and the daily breakfast is exceptional!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2016

Had 3 days at this great "aparthotel" in the Çukurcuma district of Cihangir, Beyoğlu, Istanbul. It's surrounded by antique. furniture and junk shops. The room was excellent: huge, great bed, cooker, fridge and washer/drier. Bathroom a bit pokey but adequate. Lovely Turkish breakfast down stairs. Loads of info about getting about. Be warned however the area is VERY hilly. Downhill towards the tram stop id fine up towards the restaraunts and shops at Cihangir Square or İstiklal Caddesi is steepl If you have a bad knee as I do it can be difficult. That being said it is an excellent hotel at an excellent price, and I would choose it over The Four Seasons (where we had a 2 night splurge) when we next visit Istanbul.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrSAH
Reviewed May 31, 2016

I stayed at Hammamhane for 4 nights during my recent trip to Istanbul. This place was wonderful! The hotel service was excellent, and every one was extremely friendly and helpful, ensuring that we were totally taken care of and at complete ease. The location is central and within walking distance to great cafes, restaurants and shops. Every morning we had a lovely breakfast within the outside cafe area of the hotel with the sun shining. It was a perfect choice for us and I would highly recommend. We would definitely return here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple