“One of the best restaurant in istanbul”

Deraliye Ottoman Palace Cuisine Restaurant
Reserve with
Deraliye Ottoman Palace Cuisine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 14,832 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Authentic Ottoman palace cuisine restaurant. Our chef revives the dishes which were served to the sultans, their families and their guests, in the Ottoman palaces such as the famous Topkapi Palace. The Ottoman palace cuisine was very rich, especially at the peak of the Empire, when hundreds of cooks would compete in the kitchens of the palace to concoct the sultan's favourites, or new, astounding creations. It was fusion cuisine, with ingredients from all parts of the Empire, and the culinary cultures of many different peoples: the nomads of Central Asia, the Persians, the Arabs, the Byzantines, the Armenians, the Jews, etc. Tasting the delicacies of the Ottoman palace cuisine in our restaurant is an absolute must-do for all visitors to Sultanahmet.
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Quality of food was perfect,if you like to taste Turkish food this is the right place in the middle of historical peninsula of istanbul.
There are many healthy,delicious foods and also have menu for gluten-free.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I got the name and recommendation for this restaurant from Rick Steve’s Guide to Istanbul. This property’s well deserved claim is their research into old Ottoman archives for the Sultans kitchen’s favorite recipes. To be sure there are some of usual Mediterranean standbys but this is not the place to get a hamburger!

A little hard to find in the warren of streets that makes up Old Town, rest assured your search is well worth the effort. You can take taxi but it might be faster to walk from the Sultanahmet Square. Once there you are met by friendly attentive wait staff and ushered into a modern spotlessly clean dining room. The wall facing the small street is entirely in glass and on my visit were open to the energetic street scene.

The menu is artfully laid out with large high quality color images to accompany the descriptions of the unusual dishes. While the menu favors lamb and local seafood, there are a selection of vegetarian and chicken/beef dishes.

I ordered one appetizer, one entree, one dessert finished with Turkish tea and completed this fine dining experience with a Jonny Walker Red, neat.

House made bread and their olive tapenade arrived with my Efes beer. The tapenade was not overly salted (as so many are) had had a perfect texture (mouth feel). For starters I had the Baked Oysters with Garlic Sauce. Beautifully presented on the half shell nestled on a bed of greens, I noted more than a hint of cheese as a counterpoint to the classic oyster flavors. Texture was near perfect as the oysters would have benefitted by a slightly better rinsing to remove the last bits of grit common in oysters. For my entree I enjoyed the Goose Kebab. It arrived simply presented in the center of a square plate atop a small portion of sauce. The brown sauce had the salty component to accent the very subtle flavor notes of the dish. Wrapped in a thin pastry sheet, the shredded goose was placed on a bed of rice and baked. The dish had delicate flavors, a hit of peanuts, perfect texture and well worth 71TL price. On the recommendation of the waitstaff, I had the Katmer for dessert. This light flaky filo-type dough was covered by finely chopped pistachio had a light delicious balance of ingredients including semolina butterfat making it a perfect ending to a lovely meal. I paired this with Turkish tea. Primo!

The only disappointment was one of my own making. I discovered on my arrival at the restaurant (and the day before leaving Istanbul) that the restaurant offers cooking classes! They are on an as-requested basis, lasting a few hours, and you create three of their signature dishes. For those gastronomically inclined, what could be better than an opportunity to make a mess in someone else’s kitchen while learning to create something new.

On a side note to you foodies, I spoke with owner/director, Necati Yilmaz, as I waited for dinner. He offered a taste of another signature sauce from one of this other dished (not ordered) made of yogurt, oil, and red pepper. It was both unusual and very appealing. Mr. Yilmaz commented that he is slowly working on a cookbook of his signature dishes.

Bottom line: The best meal during this visit to Istanbul. While a little pricey (188 TL or $42 USD) by Turkish standards, it was well worth it and worth returning to experience other creative dishes.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant for a special occasion. We were celebrating our anniversary and were not disappointed. The food was great, we had all 3 courses and were given fantastic recommendations while we ordered for more traditional style food! We were really spoilt!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

This place was recommended by our hotel, we wanted to try both Turkish and Ottoman cuisine so this was it. We arrived and a large tour group were dining, the service was still quick and efficient. We ordered the degustation meal for us both which came out quite big portions, if you are super hungry that’s the way to go food was delicious. Feeling guilty that we wasted the food, we spoke with the manager about what happens what their wastage, they divide this up and some of the left over foods go to the local dogs and cats, they also give food to the rescue agencies (which is what I liked).. so no longer feeling guilty for wastage and happy this place think of others less fortunate

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is pretty nice and with a big hall . The decor is very nice and it has authentic ottoman cuisine.
Being vegetarians, the waiter and the chef went out of way to serve us. He was so polite and served us with utmost care. The food was fresh and ingredients were of high class. The greens in the salad was fresh and crispy.
They even served baklava on the house for us , when they knew we went from india to visit Istanbul!!
An amazing experience!!