“The most romantic restaurant on the planet!”
Review of Sarnic Restaurant

Sarnic Restaurant
Ranked #1,028 of 13,986 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was taken by total surprise when my partner told me on 13th of February that we were going to an unknown destination for Valentine's Day and I had to pack my bags. Next morning at the airport I discovered we were off to Istanbul and stayed at the lovely Rose Garden House Hotel. In the evening I was taken to Sarnic, recommended by the hotel and I have to say I was completely bowled over ... the huge vaulted ceilings, the massive fireplace, hundreds of candles in iron candlesticks, violin and piano player..... well is it any surprise I said 'yes' when he asked me to marry him?

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great setting for a restaurant in a 1,500 year old cistern in Istanbul. Highly recommend the location and ambience inside - food was so, so, but a change from all the kebabs!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a dinner in the candle-lighted cistern restaurant Sarnic in Istanbul last Monday. The service was excellent: the waiters were so attentive that our glasses never emptied halfway... The food was very good: the meat (lamb and beef) was excellent and vegetables okay (simple but tasty). As you cannot really easily find bad Turkish food in Istanbul unless some lukewarm kebab is counted in, in the somewhat costly Sarnic food, you don't really pay for the exquisity of the foob (as it is equally good everywhere!) but for the unique ambience (where else you could dine inside a thousand year old water tank?!) or for supporting the owner, the Turkish Touring and Automobile Association (my husband is an old car hobbyist :)...

2  Thank Lentil_soup
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went here for new years' with my husband. Was treated to an amazing 5 course meal with dancing in an incredible atmosphere. So romantic and fun; would love to go back!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

excellent restaurant.
great ambiance, service, food all excellent. We loved you since to try and smell it. Watch the dance of candle lights.