“Delicious seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fener Restaurant

Fener Restaurant
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Fener Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 13,373 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: kumkapi istanbuls historical peninsula is one of the most beautiful districts of the marmara sea coast traces the cennturies of the byzantine period he name of this neighborhood was Kontoskalion which means a small pier the name of the sand gate you go towards yedikule ahırkapı the marmara sea was the fifth of the city gates at that time district unloaded cargo ships loaded wiht sand as all sailors in the port area after a long journey point for recreation and entertainment kumkapi fisherman and taverns since the early days of history made famous since it was founded centuries ago to serve the same purpose .....
Yerevan, Armenia
“Delicious seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very nice place with the best service. They pick up and drop of you at the hotel and you don't need to pay for taxi.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
“Special meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were collected from Hotel the bream was cooked to perfection the service was first class and the staff friendly and at the end of the night were taken back to the hotel.Excellant

Visited February 2013

Derby, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We was recommended this restaurant via our hotel and was not disappointed. They did a free pick up service which was great and was very friendly as soon as we arrived. We chose from the fresh appetiser tray to start with and was cooked fresh then ordered the fresh fish which was cooked to our liking. Not a great wide range of choice on the menu for my liking but my family was happy. They was fresh bottled water plenty of bread and entertainment. What made our night was the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and all very friendly. Was definitely recommend this restaurant.

“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place to us. We were looking forward to a good seafood meal with live turkish music to spice up the atmosphere.

Arrived at around 630pm. Nice shuttle service pickup from hotel. Place had one other table of customers, two German chaps. I think we were a bit early for a Saturday night.

Waiter was nice enough. Brought tray of around 16 different appetizers. We chose the red peppers, spinach, and yoghurt dip. Pretty good. I liked the dip. Basket of bread came with herbed butter. Also pretty good. Bottle of water. Did not order the water but no matter.

Waiter recommended the seafood platter (70TL) for two. He said it was good. Ordered a bottle of white Wine - decent (30TL). Asked when the musicians would start - told 7pm. Waited 40 minutes for food to arrive. No problem as we were not in a hurry, but I did end up eating waaaay too much bread while waiting for food to arrive. No music started at 7pm.

Platter arrives 715pm and I have to say we were underwhelmed. 2 shrimps, 1 fried calamari ring, 4 deep fried smelt or anchovies-like fish, a half sea bass filleted, a whole fish I could not distinguish, couple of half lemons, tomatoes, and a smattering of French fries.

I wasn't actually concerned about quantity as I had eaten a lot of bread while waiting. More important in my mind is quality, freshness and most critical - TASTE.

Too bad Fener didn't check those boxes.

I've had alot of different seafood in many different places in the world. In many different styles.

This would rate on the lower end. Not because of price. But because of taste, quality, and overall value.

Maybe I'm being too critical, but I've paid less and gotten much better taste, quality, and quantity. Also paid more and gotten much better than Fener.

Total bill was 139TL. More expensive when compared to some other places close by which we checked out afterwards. Atmosphere at other places was also a lot livelier - some had the live music I was expecting from Fener.

I will say the service was good and attentive. And free shuttle to/from hotel was nice too.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chongers

Townsville, Australia
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visiting this restaurant is an experience not just a meal. The lovely people from restaurant collected and returned me to my hotel. They had a fabulous tray of offerings to show me upon sitting down, The seafood was so fresh and flavoursome. The service was amazing. I felt really spoilt and looked after by the lovely lady whom owns the restaurant and other staff as I was travelling alone. I would highly recommend you visit this restaurant.

• Visited March 2012