All reviewsasian sidehotel ratedwould recommend this hotel to anyonerooms are largemetrogyminternettaxi
Reviewed June 21, 2018

My friend and I were in Istanbul for a few days and we decided to stay at the Byotell. We both had wonderful stay and were pretty impressed with not only the hotel, but the staff were extremely helpful and friendly throughout our stay.

The room was clean, modern and well maintained, and, the beds were very comfortable.

I really don't understand what the negative reviews are about! Granted it's not 5* establishment (5* as you know it), but for £35 a night (£42 with breakfast), what do people really expect? If pure luxury is what one is seeking, then other hotels priced in the hundreds should be considered to avoid disappointment.

The price of our stay included full use of the spa (gym, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, large swimming pool etc); breakfast; toiletries in our room; complimentary bottle of water and free WiFi. (The pool wasn't cold at all, as someone suggested in an earlier review).

With regards to breakfast, there was such a huge variety available (over 12 different breads and pastries, a range of hot and cold food, plus endless amounts of fruit).

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank My_Words_H
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

It was a good surprise for us this hotel. Very clean, very nice staff and disponibile to transform the impossible in possible. The breakfast was for all tiles of tourists. The place it’s nice, and you can find easy were you can spend some time.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2018

I just checked in for several .hours ago, and im so delighted. The room, even the economy one, is in luxury style, love it............Internet is fast,,................. The pool is the way better than pictures, big, clean an super comfortable............ The spa centre that is included in the price is amazing,, big,, clean,, and charming.............So excited and i think that i would definitely come back to here... Thinks that you have to think about are: You have to take metro to the nearest mall... Spa therapies little overpriced...And i started to really like that asian side of Istanbul, which the call the new Istanbul

Room Tip: economy room is very beautiful, but its small, with small window... good to live in 5 stars and still have money in your pocket
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2018

I have seen this hotel rated 5-star in some booking sites. Well, this is definitely NOT a 5-star. And they do not charge as a 5-star either, so the price reflects the hotel's standards.

I was given a nice corner room on 9th floor, room 909, which was spacious with an extra large bed, 2 couches and nice 40" TV and other standard features of any business hotel.

However, the bathroom was a disaster as there was no Toothbrush and there was no way to have a shower without wetting the floor. The shower room had a weird 3/4 part glass frame + door. The 1/3rd part which was meant to be the door never stayed in place, it kept opening and water leaked to the bathroom floor. Even if it stayed in place, still some water would spill. NOT NICE.

Reception staff were friendly, so was the other staff though many did not speak English. Breakfast was fabulous with a huge selection to cater to all tastes.

Best feature was the 2 restaurant/cafes on site, Edwards and Lavazza.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2018

I’ve stayed and reviewed very many luxury hotels which I’ve had the pleasure of staying at and sadly Byotell is the worst and I doubt there will be another worse than this. I will NEVER go back.

The good.

1. Chef Edwards – Nice food and the room service was super swift.
2. Nice breakfast with two friendly welcoming staff who were Mr Mehmet Avci and Ms. Banu. These are the only professional staff I met.
3. Housekeeping staff didn’t speak English but were friendly by smiling.
4. Rooms are ok. Not 5 star quality but just ok.

The issues
1. First day at Reception I was checking in a day earlier and asked what the day rate was, when I said I needed a minute to compare the rate with booking.com the receptionist made a fuss saying “ive already prepared the key and now you want me to cancel after all this work (which took him a minute). What he actually didn’t know is 15 years ago I was a receptionist at a luxury Marriott hotel in Dubai and to go on opera/Fidelio to change a booking date and make the key is something I can actually do in seconds, eyes closed. I was shocked how a Receptionist can think cutting a key is a big job!
2. Front Office staff especially have a very long way to go when it comes to customer service. Can you imagine being at a 5 star hotel and when you call twice to ask reception if there is a travel agency around or if they knew how I can contact Pegasus Travel/get to the mall and their response was “check on your computer via google??”
3. The bell boys, not sure whether it’s because of my race/gender and they thought I was broke or what, but they just stared at me carrying my own luggage, twice, never offered to help but stared, gossiping between themselves at the entrance.
4. Lobby staff – they have to have a training on how to smile and make guests feel at home. They are super serious, I was always dreading passing the lobby. It was so bad that I started wearing a scarf to hide my face because I was just so uncomfortable passing them
5. It’s very weird to go to a reception and see staff serving you, seating on a stool/chair. How do you have a chair at a reception at a 5star hotel?
6. Very noisy rooms. I could hear guests showering, shouting, banging doors, singing and couples having s.... Yeah that!!.
7. During check out I went to pay for food I ate at the restaurant and I was told ! it’s 50euros”! No receipt, nothing!!
8. No consistency. Some days tea/coffee/water was provided, other days I had to call and ask.
9. They have no English TV channels except BBC and CNN.
10. Slow wifi which keeps going off and on
11. Not only are the rooms noisy but lobby as well
12. Very slow lifts

That was the first and last time I’ll ever stay in this hotel. it’s a joke to even have it on here!! Stay away!!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo