“More than a photography tour- great intro to Istanbul”

Daily Istanbul Photo Tour
Ranked #138 of 512 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Istanbul Photography Tours, Workshops are managed by Orient Exposures Photography Workshops owned by Enis Yücel. First and foremost, we are photographers and we have passion for photography.We aim to share our vision & knowledge in a friendly environment.You'll have chance to get instructions to improve your photography skills while exploring the out of touristic spots to capture unique images.
Reviewed December 30, 2015

I spent yesterday with Enis and had a great time. he did a great job of giving me tips and pointers for composition and tailored some of our stops to things I wanted to see. We ended up in some great spots for photography, many of which I would have never found without a seasoned guide. He was a wealth of information on Istanbul in general, which made this walk a nice introduction to the city.

Date of experience: December 2015
"parts"
"scenes"
"politics"

Reviewed October 7, 2015

I recently spent time with Enis wandering around Istanbul's Old Town markets and the amazing workshops there known as Hans. This is the first time I've done a tour like this with a photographer and was pleasantly surprised at how much I got out of it. Communication with Enis before we met was great. He made sure he understood what it was I wanted to get out of the day so that he could tailor it to me specifically. Unlike others who have written reviews here, I didn't want to spend much time on the technical aspects of photography, but wanted to learn more about capturing great images with people (despite this I still learnt quite a few tech tips along the way) and his tips and ideas were spot on. Enis spoke to me about engaging with people, taking my time and waiting for something interesting so that the shots would have meaning. He also took me to the phenomenal Great Mother Han, an ancient, evocative place that I would never have found on my own. Enis was very easy going, so time spent with him was relaxed, informal and genuine and he deserves a special commendation for putting up with my super low energy due to a terrible sleep the night before. Thanks Enis! My shots were very much enjoyed by friends around the world.

Date of experience: September 2015
3  Thank FirenzeDreaming
Reviewed August 26, 2015

Wandering the streets of Istanbul with a local photographer Enis was a key highlight of my visit to the city.

Enis demonstrated a deep knowledge of the technical aspects of photography, as well as an insight about the hidden corners of Istanbul that you would otherwise not recognize.

He provided the opportunity to see colours, light, and anticipate the moment. I am now more comfortable using my DSLR more effectively.

By the end of the day, I left the tour with an evident transformation of my normal street photography snapshots into much stronger and professional looking shots!.

I would definitely recommend Enis to anyone visiting Istanbul.

Thank you Enis for a day well spent!.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Mohsen A
Reviewed May 24, 2015

In addition to touring the streets of Istanbul, Enis provided many opportunities to capture images of everyday people. He was extremely helpful in explaining my camera functions and provided critic and direction into how I could improve my composition. My only regret is that I should have booked time with Enis on the first, not the final day of my two and half week trip.

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank CheersAnn
See more reviews
Reviewed May 20, 2015

I scheduled Enis for a morning session to figure out the technical aspects of my camera. We spent the entire morning talking about different settings for my camera, how to capture an image using the right combination of settings, composition, photography philosophy, and more. Enis was jolly and knowledgeable and clear in his instructions. It was also very hands-on which was helpful. In fact, I found the technical discussion so informative that my session was nearly over by the time we went out to photograph. I walked away from the session with more knowledge about how to use my camera as well as many questions marks about the direction I want to go in with my photography; definitely a lot of food for thought. I will most certainly schedule a photo walk with him and a session on Lightroom. He was knowledgeable, friendly, flexible and easy to get in touch with. I highly recommend Enis.

Date of experience: May 2015