“Clean, Quiet, Friendly and Central” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tulip Guesthouse

Tulip Guesthouse
Ranked #13 of 1,028 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Spain
“Clean, Quiet, Friendly and Central”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Tulip Guethouse is perfectly located in the heart of Sultanmet, a short walk from the Blue Mosque etc. The rooms are quite small but nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. The rooms wre cleaned, beds made and clean towes every day. The buffet breakfast was good and included cereals, coffee, tea,bread, olives, cheese and salad.

The hotel is on a quiet sidestreet and there are views of the Bosphourous from the restaurant where breakfast is served (and you can sit and drink tea in the evenings).

Esrin was always on hand to answer questions and made us all feel at home (as well as organising an airport transfer). Free WiFi in the rooms and the restaurant. I would definately stay here again and recomend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Note, the hotel is in an old building which has been restored. It has a steep spiral staircase which...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Guiri_el_Pilos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Kigali, Rwanda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This was my first time traveling on my own and the staff at the Tulip Guesthouse were extremely helpful. Esin, the manager, helped me find things to do and even walked with me to a restaurant to explain my food allergy to them. The room was quaint but very comfortable and quiet. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Arielle S
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff here are wonderful! They helped take care of everything we needed. Ms. Esin even helped us call to
confirm reservations for another location in Goreme. The rooms are cozy and clean with modern private bathrooms. Breakfast was always good with a nice assortment of fruit, veggies, eggs, cereal, and olives. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ScooterMcDoogle
New Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The night we stayed in Tulip Guesthouse was a nightmare.
I went to Istanbul to meet my boyfriend, he had to work at nightshift so he always tried to choose the safe place for me to live alone. We thought Tulip could be a OK choice even though the way from Sultanamet back to Tulip is dark and the curtain could barely cover half of the window and the window is right in the opposite of another building closely, which didn't protect guest's privacy. What's worst, my boyfriend and me were just talking in the room for a few mins before he left for job, then a bunch of people knock the door rudely and asked him out. We were shocked and believe me,the owner of the guesthouse is not nice at all. We realized there was misunderstanding and we respect their rules so we told them our relationship, but they insisted to be impolite which really disrespect the guests.

The next day, my boyfriend took me to another much better hotel even thought it cost much more than the tulip house. Thanks Dear...

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Summer0601
tulipguesthouse, Manager at Tulip Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 14, 2016
How you know about us ? Why you give wrong information. Did you remember your horror attitude? How you know us we are disrespectful? Did you remember what did you do in our guesthouse? You disturbed my people .First you didnt have any booking after you ask me a room from outside and you told me I will stay alone in your guesthouse and after that you bring a man from outside (boyfriend)???..We were very quiet and respect when we were talking.and you were bring a man in your room from outside. Travellers dont interest your boyfriend or wrong and lie information. Anyway % 95 people who is interesting about our guesthouse they give EXCELLENT CERTIFICATE. PEOPLE.Thank you..
Mumbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

One of those hotels who overbook people. I booked on 8 Mar directly with hotel for an Apr stay and received a confirmation of my stay including my arrival timing. But I received an auto cancellation email on 11 Apr with a standard reason of either incomplete data, overbooking...
I emailed hotel and they ignored me. I had to re-look for a hotel last minute.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ydis
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great location near the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Arasta Bazaar, and other old city sites.

Quiet, and on a quiet street, but near the action.

Very reasonable prices, especially for the location.

Clean, comfortable room – firm bed, spotless bathroom.

Ample breakfast in a nice top-floor room with a view.

Very friendly and informative staff with great advice on places to visit and how to solve problems.

Highly recommended.

1 Thank OCBOX2
Murska Sobota, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

If you don't mind small rooms, being in the core of the Istanbul culture centre is a big plus. Beautiful Turkish self-service breakfast with the view and extremely helpful stuff is the reason I will return soon.

1 Thank Igor_R797