“Great Hotel! Great Location! Great Hospitality!”

Hotel Buhara Family Inn
Ranked #57 of 1,047 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Alta Gracia, Argentina
“Great Hotel! Great Location! Great Hospitality!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the Buhara Family Inn Hotel last month. The hotel is very well located, only 5 minutes walking to the Blue Mosque and 10 minutes to the Grand Bazaar. The view from the terrace is amazing! The rooms are very confortable and everything is extremely clean. The hotel is attended by their owners, they are extremely kind with their guests and really made you feel as you are at home. they gently advice me which places I do have to visit in Istambul. The food is excellent I can't wait to experience again the typical turquish flavor. Undoubtely I recommend this place to stay and visit Istambul. I can't wait to be again in Istambul!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Marcos M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I just came back from Istanbul and we stayed at the Buhara for 2 nights and was a perfect stay. The hotel is fairly new our room was # 103 and was so beautifully decorated, with a modern bathroom and so clean! Tanzel really made our stay! He is so helpful and friendly he made us feel like family rather than normal guests. Our flight left very early in the morning and he waited outside with us for the shuttle to pick up us at 3:30 am. their breakfast on the roof top is superb!!!!! very friendly people we would definitely go back. Thanks Buhara Inn for everything!
Maria and Dario

Room Tip: The hotel does not have an elevator(most hotels there doesn"t) If you don't have a problem...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank narizberta1
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here with my girlfriend for a weekend and had great time. The hotel is brand new - we might literally be the first people using the room. Regardless it was extremely clean and comfortable. It's a family business and run by very passionate people about hospitality so we were welcomed in a very cozy atmosphere. If you stay here don't miss the amazing rooftop and the breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Can C
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel several time during our trip to Istanbul. Ozlem and her families are such helpful, friendly and informatics. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the breakfast was always delightful on the rooftop with the view of Marmara Sea, Blue Mosque, Hagias Sophia, Princess Islands and the hotel is located on one of the nicest and colorful street of Sultanahmet and just 10-minutes’ walk from Grand Bazaar! I highly recommend to anyone to stay in this hotel during your trip to Istanbul. Thank you Ozlem and hotel Buhara family for your great service and great hostility!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BerlinPetra
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The first time I went to Istanbul I stayed two weeks at the hotel Buhara. It was a great and memorable experience. They guided us in the city, and recommend us good places to eat and hang out. Recently I returned to Istanbul and stayed there again. The food is delicious, fresh and unique flavor. The view from the terrace is beautiful. The hotel is very central, you walk 3 minutes and you will be in front of the Blue Mosque. The neighborhood is quite nice, and everyone knows the family.
Realmente, les recomiendo este hotel si quieren pasar unos buenos dias en Estanbul y vivir la hermosa cultura de Turquia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

When traveling to Istanbul two years ago Tansel's generosity and knowledge made the trip a truly enriching experience. The rooms look so inviting and with our dear friend Tansel on staff, the hospitality is sure to be exemplary!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa T
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed at this place dring my visit in Istanbul and loved it! It significantly changed my experience in a positive way. The owner of the place is a very lovely typical Turkish family with the best hospitality ever.. It both felt like home and at the same time with its unique ambiance embedded with cultural richness of the area I had a very different cultural experience. The family is very friendly and helpful about anything you could ask about where to visit, see, what to eat and drink. Also the food is amazing at this place! Location is just perfect! just a couple of min walk away from the main area of Sultanahmet and the Grand Bazaar.

When compare what you pay and what you get for it, I think this place is by far the best place that I've ever stayed! (given the fact that I have stayed at tones of different places in US, Europe, Latin America :) )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo