3,311 results
All reviews gulhane park topkapi palace turkish delight culinary tour tram stop turkish bath blue mosque old city turkey small pool apple tea within walking distance every afternoon the hotel staff quiet street hotel restaurant deluxe room
Selected filters
Reviewed February 28, 2017

We had an amazing time at this hotel. The staff went out of their way to help us, the breakfast was superb, and the location was amazing. We will definitely stay here again with our little ones. We also enjoyed mid-afternoon snacks, which were complimentary and delicious.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Faruk_Boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017

Dear K C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate your stay at our hotel and these great comments!

It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you to Sirkeci Mansion again with your little ones.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyacı

Reviewed February 22, 2017

It is sad and painful to visit Istanbul, as I did last week for the second time. Many restaurants opened a year ago are closed, and even the cafes and gift shops at the major sites are closed. Likewise, this hotel was essentially empty--at breakfast, only a few Turks were present. As with my stay here a year ago, Sirkeci Mansion is truly a warm and inviting place--my room was perfect, the breakfast was superb, and the staff were welcoming and friendly. It is only a 5 minute walk to the Hagia Sophia and Archeological museum, and although some restaurants are closed, there are several excellent ones only a few minutes from the hotel. Yes, there are always concerns about terrorism, but you shouldn't let them sway you from seeing some of the greatest monuments ever erected by mankind--the Hagia Sophia alone is worth the visit. As on my prior visit, I whizzed through immigration at the airport (just get a visa on-line!), and the hotel driver was there to meet me (the security at Ataturk is much more comprehensive than that at JFK!). The worst that will happen to you is that you'll be politely importuned by carpet dealers--don't be rude, but just tell them you are not interested. I hope to return and to stay at this wonderful hotel. Please give it and Istanbul a chance!

Room tip: Although a bit more, ask for a top floor room with a view of Gulhane Park
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank tuckernyc2003
Faruk_Boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2017

Dear tuckernyc2003,

Thank you very much for all your valued comments about your stay at Sirkeci Mansion and Istanbul in general!

It fills us with joy to see our previous guests return to our hotel since it proves that we were really able to connect and please them during their first visit. This bond is how we create our global family getting bigger every day. We have a lot of repeat guests visiting Istanbul every year no matter what and staying here with us.

How our repeat guests evaluate our facilities, services, and team compared to former encounters is a way for us to benchmark our performance and I feel content and am proud of my staff as I understand from your comments that we have been able to maintain our standards since your last visit.

Precious and constructive feedback such as yours will continue to motivate my team to keep up our efforts to impress all our guests.

Hope to see you in Istanbul again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2017

We stayed at Sirkeci Mansion hotel twice in January. It was perfectly located for exploring Istanbul. Owner Omer Faruk Boyaci has assembled a top-notch staff that looked after every detail of our stays. Concierge Agah Okay Alkan led us on a two-hour orientation walk through the oldest part of the city where Silk Road caravans decamped, rested their pack animals and sold their wares before setting off for return trip to the Far East. The hotel offers similar orientation walks, free for guests, to the markets and to the Golden Horn. Also offered is a culinary tour of Istanbul.

Room tip: Try for a street-side room on the 3rd floor or higher for a view of herons nesting in trees with Topkapi Palace in the background.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Pat H,

Thank you very much for choosing Sirkeci Mansion for your time in Istanbul and also reviewing your experience with us on TripAdvisor as for advice to future travelers to our city.

I am glad you found the opportunity to participate in one of our local activities which we organize to introduce the local culture and life to our guests. Your comments indicate that you were happy overall with both of your stays here and I am very happy to see you left our property pleased with our services.

We look forward to hosting you at Sirkeci Mansion again.

Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

Our family stayed at Sirkeci Mansion for five days in December. My previous experience in Istanbul was staying in the home of friends on the Asian side. I love my friends, but whole-heartedly recommend Sirkeci Mansion for families, business travelers, or couples needing a romantic break.

The hotel itself is beautiful. We had three rooms to accommodate our family of five. My partner and I had the most luxurious, but all three were very comfortable and attractive. Ours was also huge and offered a spacious balcony overlooking the park.

I cannot say enough about the service we were given. My father, 78 and diabetic, was traveling with us. The staff looked after him like he was their own, including providing a lunch for him (when the kitchen was closed) when he missed a connection with us. Similarly, a porter was dispatched with us to guide our way to the Hagia Sophia and a card for use on the trains provided.

A cooking class was arranged with the hotel's chef for just our family, which was definitely a highlight of our trip (which was by then its seventh week.)

At every point the fine management and employees did everything they possibly could to ensure our comfort, safety, and pleasure. It was amazing.

I've wanted to go back since the day we left and I'm sure that I will.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Y6576JDsarahm
Faruk_Boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2017

Dear Sarah M,

I would firstly thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel with such wonderful comments!

I am pleased to see that you left our property impressed with all aspects of your experience at Sirkeci Mansion from the rooms to my staff's services. Our local activities are designed to add that magic touch our guests' time in Istanbul and it shows that my team can really turn these activities in to trip highlights for travellers, just as in the case of your cooking class with our chef.

You now have both friends and family in Istanbul and we hope to be able to host you again at Sirkeci Mansion on your future trips.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Spacious, comfortable room, pleasant ambiance, wonderful service and hospitality, tasteful Turkish decoration, and convenient location - this is a great hotel by any standard. They even helped me rebook a cancelled flight.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Faruk_Boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2017

Our Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review about Sirkeci Mansion following your stay here! Your comments are highly appreciated.

Our team works hard to make sure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay at our hotel from breakfast and check-in to the in-room amenities and therapies delivered wellness facilities. It makes me proud to see you have found our services worthy of mentioning.

Hope to see you at Sirkeci Mansion again soon!

Owner of the Sirkeci Mansion