“Complete Perfection”

Ranked #5 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Mount Dora, Florida
“Complete Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

It is challenging to write a review, which others will find believable, about this outstanding hotel. It is the best hotel in which we have ever stayed. The physical property is lovely. The public areas are attractive and instantly introduce a sense of calm when you come in from a busy day in the city. The rooms also reflect a charming decor, with enough Turkish accents so you know exactly where you are when you wake up each morning. The bathrooms are opulent, with thick towels, quality amenities and lots and lots of hot water.

These are qualities we appreciate in a hotel, but they are not the things that make us return. This hotel has a staff that elevates service to a level we have never experienced anywhere else in the world. From the lady who cleans your room, to the lady who makes sure you do not get lost in the city, every single person is dedicated to insuring that your experience in Istanbul and in the hotel itself is perfect.

We have experienced so many amazing events at this hotel, that I cannot begin to illustrate all of them. I am focusing on only a few that demonstrate the quality of care provided for guests. One day I had a bit of a cough. After breakfast I approached the front desk to ask about the location of the nearest drug store. When I said I needed a cough remedy I was told to return to my room and it would be delivered shortly. Within five minutes a young man came with a bag from the drug store and some excellent cough drops.

My husband loves the standard Turkish bread served in every restaurant in the city. The restaurant in the Sirkeci Mansion serves a lovely multi-grain bread with dinner. I love it, and my husband does not. On the several evenings when we went downstairs to just have a bowl of soup and bread for a late supper, the waiter, upon seeing us, would dash across the street to purchase my husband's preferred bread.

I love to take advantage of the daily social event offered by the hotel. We have done wine and cheese tasting. We have learned to play backgammon, and we have had a fantastic cooking lesson from the head chef. I had, however, never taken the free tour of the Wednesday market in Fatih because I feared I could not keep up with the group.

I decided to go and participate as long as I could, and then take a taxi back to the hotel. I explained this to the lovely man who conducts the tour. He said they would go slowly and if I needed help I should just let him know. We spent a lovely morning walking slowly among the vendors, where our guide knew every person, and we sampled everything being sold. Eventually we came to a simit bakery at the bottom of a long hill. Our guide quickly told me to enjoy a simit and not worry because when we finished, the owner of the shop would drive me to our next destination. Of course, this is exactly what happened. The entire morning was one of those magical moments in Istanbul.

Since the first time I entered this hotel I have always felt special, as if everyone was only concerned for my welfare. I am not just the occupant of room 206. Everyone knows my name. Everyone is cheerful and pleasant. At the same time, the staff is not fussy and pretentious. When I leave for the day in my orthopedic walking shoes and well worn carry-all no one looks down his nose with a slight air of contempt, as I sometimes experience in the more famous five star resorts.

The philosophy of this hotel can be summed up when you walk into your guest room for the first time. There is candy in the candy dish, and fresh flowers in a vase. On the bed is a personal letter from the owner of the hotel with his personal cell phone, inviting you to call, any time, if you have a problem. While I cannot imagine a problem that the hotel's highly competent and inventive staff could not handle, I remain amazed that the owner of the hotel gives his phone number to every guest. I am quite sure that this happens in no other hotel in the world.

The Sirkeci Mansion is perfect. The rooms are perfect. The meals are perfect. The location, 1/2 block from the tram on a quaint and charming street next to Gulhane Park, is perfect. The staff is perfect. I am positive that such perfection comes from a perfect business plan that begins with the assumption that every guest is family. We always feel that we are held in the embrace of the Sirkeci Mansion from the minute we arrive until we depart.

Room Tip: Indulge yourself in the hotel spa, and be sure not to miss the bubble massage.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Busy-retired
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Allahabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Very nice staff, location & hospitality. Everything, even minutest have been taken care of. One nice gesture was when my wife gave 4 star rating on Trip Advisor & we were not charged for the extras !!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank VibhavAgrahari
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, August 5, 2014

Best Wishes from Sirkeci Mansion Family in Istanbul,

West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights in July. Although there was nearby construction during the day, we were out for most of the day
Rooms were clean and well organized. Breakfast was included in room rate and had a lot of variety and was good. Staff was outstanding especially the young woman who greeted us and gave us an orientation to the hotel and city. Extremely knowledgable and helpful she even found a reasonably priced Hamam with woman only hours If you want to be centrally located. This is a wonderful option

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank skatermom59
Sirkecigroup, Sahibi at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel and appreciate your kind comments about our facilities, staff and services. It is great to hear that you had a good introduction to the city upon arrival and an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey in the future.

Best wishes from Sirkeci Mansion,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with 6 friends for 3 nights. Very comfortable hotel located a walking distance from attractions and shops .

The best thing about the hotel is it's staff. Very warm and accommodating, willing to help.

Would certainly stay again.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Funke a
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay at Sirkeci Mansion on TripAdvisor. Your comments, about my staff especially, make me proud and I am happy to see that my team was able to facilitate an enjoyable stay for you.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again if you plan an another visit to Istanbul.

Best wishes from Sirkeci Mansion,
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was a lovely boutique hotel right in the middle of town. There was a welcoming letter and turkish delight treats waiting for our arrival. The room and bathroom were clean and although overlooking the street, not noisy at all. Quite a few tourist sights were within waking distance although as we only had three full days, we decided on taking tours for two of them. We did the Istanbul Cruise and Asian side tour as well as the Istanbul Classics and highlights tour. These were well worth the cost and the hotel has a discount too. Breakfast was lovely although we did not make use of the restaurant. We did have sundowners on the rooftop bar which had a lovely view. We also made use of the indoor swimming pool and sauna and steam room too - wonderful after a tiring day seeing the sights. On our last night we were left a present from the owner, which was unexpected and a lovely surprise. Bottled water is supplied in your room and you can ask for more cold water to take with you on tours. I had a sciatica problem on the last night and the following morning Reception organised for me to go to the clinic at the airport for treatment once we got there. (Airport segway wheelchairs interesting) Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were friendly and helpful at all times. I would have preferred a slightly firmer matress and I will ask for one next time we are in Istanbul as I would love to visit again and we would stay at the Sirkeci Mansion Hotel again. Our stay was during Ramadan but this was not a problem at all and Gulhane Park was a fantastic spectacle at night with thousands of people out and about and enjoying themselves so I am adding nightlife although not sure if this happens during other months. I am also not sure about childrens' activities so could not rate this.

Room Tip: If you need a firmer matress, mention this at time of booking. We certainly will next time.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Judy120
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your lovely review which, I believe, is also very informative for other reviewers looking for guidance on TripAdvisor. It is very important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay.Such comments motivate us more than anything and show that we are on the right path.

We will look forward to seeing you with us again and I would definitely recommend you to participate also in our local acitivites the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,
Faruk Boyaci
Xemxija, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The good: The hotel is absolutely perfectly situated. I visited the city for the first time and shared a room with a friend - 2 women in a city where most local men try to chat you up. The hotel was a haven for us. It is clean, stylish and exclusive. The hamam spa area is glorious after a day out and although we dined at various restaurants in the tourist are the hotel's own food was more affordable and of a MUCH higher overall quality. The hotel staff were very professional and friendly - which is also important if you are not used to the local currency and need to sort out transport to the airport etc. The hotel is almost right next to a beautiful park with big old trees and a great restaurant for lunch time snacks. It is also just down the road from Hagia Sophia and Topkapi - some of the best sites Istanbul has to offer. Note: if you visit Topkapi, don't bother to waste money on the audio guide - the exhibits are very well documented in writing. In Hagia Sophia it is also a bit of a waste because the numbers on the guide do match the numbers inside the museum - but, the information is extremely interesting and will make your visit so much more meaningful. Tip: don't buy ice-cream from street vendors, they do you in if you're a foreigner. Rather buy from the proper ice-cream shops lining the streets. Tip: Plan your visits to Hagia Sophia and Topkapi on separate days and go early in the morning - 9ish. This way you skip the long lines of tourists and worse of all: the bus tour groups! And, do visit the Museum of Archaeology - no need for audio guide as this is also well-documented. Most important tip: if you don't want to choose this hotel (and I very strongly advice you to!), just don't make the mistake to choose a place on the other side of the Bosphorus. It is a dump - filthy, smelly and feels very unsafe. Tip: make use of the hotel taxi service. The local taxis have many scams running. Also, you can draw money on the airport before you enter the customs lines from hell - a multi-lane customs area that will take you at least 40 mins to get through. Finally I get to the bad: Only one thing and this is not really the hotel itself - the transport service to Ataturk airport. You pay the hotel but when you get to the airport the taxi driver expects some form of extra tip or they get extremely rude. The hotel needs to sort this out and choose only pro taxi companies.

Room Tip: Not sure. We stayed on the second floor and found it quiet, clean and comfortable. We chose a double...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank Gaia_12
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your detailed review about Sirkeci Mansion.

We are open to all kinds of comments, favorable and critical, that will point out the lacking areas that need improvement so that we can act on them. That is exactly why we attach great value your last comment about the transportation to the airport and have taken precautions to prevent that from happening again.

On the other hand, I am glad that you had a good time at our hotel and would be pleased to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion whenever you return to Istanbul in the future.

Kind regards,
Faruk Boyaci
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We went to sirkeco mansion my wife and I in april 2014 for 5 nights. The location is pretty great being next to sultan ahmet and topkapi palace along with most of the other sites in the area. Plus its located on a more quieter street. Its right next to the tramway which makes it super convenient. The hotel inside is really cozy and the rooms are well equipped and comfortable. The breakfast is pretty good along with their lunch/dinner menu. The best thing about the hotel though is their staff! Very friendly and accomodating, they always helped us with whatever we needed and were extremely professional, prepared and hospitable. My hats go off to enver, araz, furkan, Muhammed and all the other staff that helped us during our stay in Istanbul.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ragnorakk
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Mansion Family