“Wonderful hotel with great staff and ideal location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #6 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Scotland
“Wonderful hotel with great staff and ideal location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

It's hard to say anything that hasn't already been said in the positive review. We stayed here for three nights in June based on what I'd read here on Tripadvisor and it was a wise choice. Here's what I wrote to the hotel... We had a wonderful stay at the Sirkeci Mansion. All your staff were wonderful and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were superb. The hotel’s location is ideal and it was so easy to get round all the places we wanted to visit.

As well as the clean and comfortable rooms the concierge and hotel staff deserve special mention. But most of all it is the location in the old city that makes the hotel so fabulous. It was so easy to get to all the main attractions and the tram system is right next door for trips a bit further afield. I most definitely recommend this hotel if you're visiting Istanbul

Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels in Turkey. It is charming, quaint, and located literally right outside the walls of Topkapi Palace. The Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque are minutes away on foot, and the above-ground metro stops just up the street from the hotel.

I like the service in the hotel. Reception is responsive and room service is great. Upon arrival, tea, coffee, beer, or just about anything else is provided for free as a "welcome drink," and hazelnut Turkish Delight is provided in each room. The rooftop restaurant is a pleasant experience, with views of the Topkapi gardens and the Golden Horn. The service is good and the food is better, which was much appreciated given some of our experiences elsewhere. There are even small lamps (instead of candles) on the tables, which is an excellent idea because the shades direct the bright light downward rather than outward, thus maintaining the ambiance while helping us read the menu.

The food at the breakfast buffet is of high quality, but my complaint is that there is not much to choose from. True, I would rather have a few tasty options than many bad options, but it would be a nice improvement to add some more choices.

The rooms are clean, the food is good, the staff is amiable, and, once again, the location is fantastic. It's also one of the very few hotels with a pool. I certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Nick G
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, July 17, 2014

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I only had about 36 hours in Istanbul and wanted to see everything! The instant I walked in they gave me wine and helped me map out my visit so I could see all the highlights (Haggia Sophia, Topkapi, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Archaeological Museum, Blue Mosque, Bosphorous cruise, Basilica Cistern). That was beyond helpful! The room was immaculate and beautiful with thoughtful welcome & goodbye treats. The Hammam (Turkish Bath) was perfect for me to get the experience with limited time. The location was AMAZING. Walked everywhere. The food at Neyzade Restaurant was delicious and reasonable (will write separate review for them), really can't say enough good things about this very special hotel. I am definitely going back to Istanbul and will 100% stay here again. Thank you all at Sirkeci for making my whirlwind trip enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Laneyfly

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

While in Istanbul we enjoyed the city but above all, its people. Excellent accomodations, centric location (walking distance to main city sights) and royal treatment to all its guests. Ask for front-desk Araz, who can advise with some great city sights & tours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Small but perfect hotel. Staff could not be faulted and extremely helpful. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Clean, close to all amenities, quiet and comfortable rooms in the heart of Istanbul with a good breakfast spread to set you for the day.Would recommend wholeheartedly. I did not try the hotel turkish bath so cannot comment on it.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the back.

Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent accommodations, an amazing staff, convenient location, free tours ... our stay at Sirkeci Mansion could not have been better! Araz, front-desk person/customer is the best in the hospitality business that I've ever encountered, and Okay's tours are great: informative and entertaining; plus, he is so well informed that no question went unanswered. Any needs expressed were immediately dealt with - and with a smile. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone contemplating a visit to Istanbul!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room

Fremantle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

So I’m a little late with this hotel review but it would be neglectful to not review my 5 night stay at the Hotel Sirkeci Mansion.
The trip from Ataturk airport was quite lengthy (1 ½ hours) which involved the driver navigating a warren of one way streets at rush hour. A lot of that time we were stationary as cross junctions were blocked. Try to time your arrival (if possible) outside of the early evening period when locals will be heading home from work. By way of a comparison the return trip to Ataturk Airport took 45mins.
On arrival at the hotel the staff were very attentive and collected our bags from the car. We were booked in efficiently with the minimum of fuss and offered tea. While your bags are being delivered to your room a member of staff then talks you through trips and activities on offer and all the time I’m thinking to myself “I’m being set up to part with some money and get signed up for a costly tour of some description” however this was just my neurosis and I was much obliged for the helpful friendly advice and guide to local sights given by the member of staff. As a side thought…. I wish I had packed bathers so that I could use the hotel pool & sauna but my loss as I didn’t, also I would have liked to attend the free cookery lesson offered by the hotel chef but once again sadly my loss.
I am annoyed with myself that I didn’t somehow obtain some small denomination TL notes prior to my arrival to tip the bell boy that showed us to our room as that felt like an awkward moment which was amended the next day when I had broken some larger denomination notes.
The room was really well presented & appointed. Our room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the Topkapi Palace gardens and whilst the street below was quite noisy with the balcony door or window open the noise was reduced to almost inaudible when they were closed and a peacefully quiet night’s sleep can be expected. I believe the rooms at the front of the hotel also offer the best aspect so try requesting one of these rooms if possible. Seasonally for our stay it was early spring and the evenings & mornings were cold but the room was a comfy temperature and the doona/quilt/duvet whatever you want to call it felt warm & substantial and the heated bathroom floor was most welcoming on bare feet.
I booked my stay direct with the Sirkeci via the internet and for that reason the hotel gave us a free meal for two voucher for use in the hotels own restaurant. We used the voucher on our first night to save wandering around trying to find a good place to dine without previously getting our bearings with the local area. This proved to be good choice for us and whilst I thought the voucher would be restrictive it covers ALL courses with the exception of any alcohol which I thought was very generous of the hotel and unexpected. The meal was beautiful and I would highly recommend using the hotel restaurant even if you are not lucky enough to get a voucher. Breakfast was a buffet type arrangement with a great choice of cerials, fruit & nuts to cold meats, eggs & pastries.
You cannot go wrong staying at the Sirkeci, the location is great for all the sights of Istanbul, the rooms are quiet and comfy, the staff helpful friendly & accommodating and the meals excellent. This hotel would be my number one choice if I return to Istanbul or if recommending to friends a place to stay in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Room at front of hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple