“Excellent Small Hotel”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #3 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The location, staff and food couldn't have been better! We travel frequently and our experience here exceeded our expectations which were already high based on other reviews. I highly recommend Sirkeci Mansion.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Owner of Sirkeci Mansion

Write a ReviewReviews (3,066)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I sent nine days at this hotel and used it as our base for exploring the city sites. The front-desk staff were attentive, their English was good, and the walking tours were excellent. The restaurant was easy to book and had very attentive staff. The included breakfasts were also top-quality, as was the rooftop terrace with its view of Gulhane Park. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The staff at Sirkeci did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. They let us stay past check-out free of charge so our infant son could nap before our flight. Great location for sightseeing and beautiful view of the Bosphorus from the rooftop. Oh and the hamam was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a perfect place to visit Istanbul. We had a wonderful stay for a week. Everything was perfect. The welcome briefing at check in is a great initiative. It gives you an insight of what you can visit nearby and also hints for great restaurants and markets to visit. The nearby tramway is perfect. No need for taxis. By the way the beds are just wonderful regarding confort. Best matresses ever experienced in a hotel (and believe me, I tried many all around the world).
The staff was very helpful and we were treated like family. I very much recommend this place.
Dr. B. Bronnimann, Switzerland

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at the Sirkeci Mansion for a week and felt like we were in the middle of everything. We like to walk, but the tram is just a half block away.(a nice thing because the streets are not on a grid and it would be easy to get lost, but with the tracks we always had a point of reference)

Upon arriving we were greeted with tea and a few moments with a staff member to show us our location and to see if we had questions about different attractions, parts of the city and general navigating of the city

The hotel offers free walking tours with different themes;;1) 'a day in the life of an Istanbulite', a 2) food theme and a3) history theme. Oke led us on all three and had a running commentary and so much information about each site. He is a GREAT ambassador for the city and country! The beauty of taking these tours is we met other guests in the hotel which made it more fun and each day at breakfast or in passing through the hotel we would find people we had met and could chat a bit.

At the back of the hotel lobby is a salon where after a long day of walking and touring around we were able to sit and have a cup of tea and catch up with others we had met in our tours.

The hotel also had a cooking class and wine tasting that we participated in for a nominal fee and thoroughly enjoyed.

The staff could not have been nicer from giving us real assistance to just checking in on how our day went. They take a true interest in their guests.

The room we were in was nice with a good modern bathroom, a large closet with lots of cubbies, two twin beds, a couple of comfy chairs and a dish of Turkish Delight!

I would love to go back to Istanbul because even after being there a week, there is so much we didn't get to see. I would definitely book this hotel again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at the Sirkeci Mansion in Istanbul for three delightful days. The hotel is located in a great area with many traditional Turkish shops. Our rooms overlooked Topkapi Palace gardens. The staff could not have been more helpful and the rooms were excellent in all respects. The restaurant within the hotel serves quality meals. I write a travel column for Forbes and can certainly recommend this hotel for anyone that wants to thoroughly enjoy the culture and atmosphere of the real Istanbul.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view of the Palace garden. Quite lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is located in a excellent area of the Old City of Istanbul close to many sites such as Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and along the wall of the Topkapi Palace. In fact, the rooftop terrace gives you a view of the palace grounds behind the walls that is also a local park. We stayed for eight nights.

The tram is in short walking distance for visiting all over the Istanbul, the old and the new city. The hotel is very comfortable and quiet, the staff is excellent and the restaurant is a big plus if you tour all day and decide not to eat at a local restaurant in the evening. The continental breakfast is above par.

The hotel conducts some of its own local tours that were fun and excellent. I particularly liked the walking tasting tour because I had a chance to taste the local fare without trepidation. My husband took the chef cooking class-he loved it.

Due to the recent protests in Istanbul, the hotel staff made sure that we were safe by steering us away from areas that might be questionable. I felt safe at all times at the hotel.

We had a great time! They took care of us like family.

Room Tip: Location, location, location. One of my friends stayed at this hotel and I'm glad I took her re...