“One of those gems you are tempted to keep to yourself!”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 26, 2014

There are just 52 rooms. They are small, but luxuriously appointed. The staff is incredible and make it a point to sit with you at your convenience after check in and discuss possible itineraries and activities, which they will book for you. The restaurant is fabulous and the prices are fair, so you really look no further. Breakfast comes with your room, and it is delicious. The spa is also great. I had a Sultan's Massage my first day there, and was so glad I did. It really set the tone for my short stay there. The cooking class is a must do, in my opinion. It is free and you get to eat what you've made with your classmates. It is located on a short pedestrian street lined with shops that are upscale, but the merchants are friendly and fair and the prices aren't inflated in comparison to the Grand Bazaar. I bought almost all of my souvenirs steps from the inn. Also, it is on the main tramline for Old Istanbul .... within walking distance to everything. In summary, every time we visit Istanbul, we will book here. There is no reason to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: I heard the rooms on the top have nice views. Otherwise, don't expect a view and if you want one...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank robinstojanov
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion on your first trip to Istanbul waiting for so long on your bucket list!

It makes me very happy to read that my enitre team was able to facilitate a pleasant stay for you and your dear family. Now that you have experienced the beauty of our city and enjoyed our services, we do hope to see you back at Sirkeci Mansion.

Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you need with regards to possible future travel plans to Istanbul or Turkey.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

4th time here, stayed in executive room again with balcony overlooking gulhane park, best rooms in istanbul, great service , friendly helpful staff, afternoon tea a real bonus - would never stay anywhere else

Room Tip: book direct and pay cash to get 10% discount on rates + free one night in 4, free dinner , free one...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank paul m

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Sirkeci Mansion.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. It has small rooms, but everything you need. The staff are excellent and the breakfast is also excellent. Nice reception area, with lots of comfortable sitting space. The one thing I would say is that you should avoid rooms 2201 and 2202 (they are called a family suite, because there is a door in the wall between the two rooms, but they're also good for friends). That's because they are directly above the hotel's office, and you can hear chairs scraping very clearly, night and day.

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms 2201 and 2202. But I think that side of the hotel is quieter because it doesn...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sydney610
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2014

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Mansion Hotel. We are open to not only positive comments but also negative comments. Negative comments will show our lacking areas that need improvement. We had a meeting with the staff working in the office you mentioned and we went over the things you pointed on your review. There is nobody working in that office at night but any way we will attch the highest attention.

Moreover, I appreciate your kind comments. I am very pleased that you had good time in our hotel and in Istanbul. But, it would be better, if you could spend better time. So, if you come to Istanbul again, I will be happy to host you in Sirkeci Mansion Hotel but this time should be completely perfect for you.

Kind Regards,

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 day stay. The staff was the best of any hotel we have stayed at - welcoming, friendly, efficient and helpful at every turn.
The location is great for a tourist - near all major sites and a 1/2 block from the tram stop which goes to all more distant areas.
Our room on an upper floor overlooked Gulhane Park next to Topkapi Palace.
Breakfast was very nice including many choices - and something we had never seen before - honey served in a honeycomb.
The complimentary tour that we took - back of the bazaar - took us behind the grand bazaar to see the workings of some of the vendors of supplies and services (ours was the jewelry making process). Also as we walked on the streets near the bazaar we received an explanation of some of the customs that are prevalent among the populace. That tour was one of the highlights of our trip. And unlike every other tour we had in Turkey, no one tried offered or tried to sell us anything.
Their restaurant recommendations were spot on.
Special Kudos and Thanks to Okay

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed at Sirkeci Mansion on our 2nd visit in Instanbul. We decided on the hotel for its amazing location. Rooms are very nice and comfortable. Staff are pleasant and professional. We would definitely recommend it if you are staying in the city for a couple of days.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was our final stop on a two-week tour of Greece and Turkey, and what a great way to end our trip! Sirkeci Mansion was absolutely beautiful, with helpful staff, great amenities, and a perfect location for walking to the famous sites of Sultanahmet. The tram station is right around the corner and the ferry terminal of Eminonu was less than a 10-minute walk. Truly, all of Istanbul is at your fingertips!

While at Sirkeci, I did the 70-minute “Sultan Massage” at the Hamam located in the hotel. It was an experience I won’t forget! The Turkish Bath was something totally different than a typical spa experience, and my masseur did a very good, thorough job. Would highly recommend it – a fabulous, authentic experience that is MUCH cheaper than touristy hamams throughout the city.

The only downside to our stay was that the building next door is undergoing construction. Sirkeci Mansion can’t do much about that, but it was distracting throughout the day and unpleasant to look at. However, this would not keep us from going back in the future. Our stay at Sirkeci Mansion was a perfect way to end our Greece and Turkey adventure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monica M

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I could not have been more impressed with your hotel and your staff. Everyone was exceptionally helpful and friendly and made us feel very welcomed. The small notes and gifts upon arrival and departure were such a pleasant surprise; we have never had this type of treatment – and we have traveled quite a bit. We were able to take part in your cooking class on the last night of our stay. It was such fun and a nice treat for us to be able to share the meal we made with the other “chefs”. Our only regret is that we didn’t take part in the wine tasting for your guests the night before; we heard it was also wonderful.

Again – Thank you. I don’t normally take time to write to a hotel for good or bad comments but, again, your hotel/staff was exceptional and I will definitely refer people your way.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple