“A gem in Istanbul”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #3 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was another great little hotel in Istanbul. I secured one of the rooms with a park view and deck. The room was huge, clean and a large bathroom. This was a great and peaceful way to relax after a packed day of sightseeing. The hotel is in excellent proximity to most of the major historical sights and attractions. You walk out of the door of this hotel and you are immediately transformed to another time. The hotel has an excellent breakfast and a great little hamam in the basement. I would highly recommend this hotel for anybody traveling to Istanbul.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Phishow
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments. It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Faruk Boyacı
Sirkeci Group Hotels

Write a ReviewReviews (3,050)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the fourth stay at my hotel in one year. I can't say enough about this hotel or its staff. The hotel is located in the perfect spot and the street is not noisy at all. One of our favorite people is Sukru Araz that works for the hotel. He is always smiling and is one of the most helpful people at the hotel. Which is saying a lot because everyone that works there down to the cleaning lady are fantastic. If you visit Istanbul this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meesh2371

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Faruk Boyacı
Sirkeci Group Hotels

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent 8 days at the Sirkeci Mansion over Christmas and found the overall experience to be outstanding. Our room had a great view of Gülhane Park, which only enhanced its qualities. We found the room to be spacious, clean, and comfortable. The location of Sirkeci Mansion could not be better as a start for walks to many of the historical and shopping sites in Sultanahmet. But what made this stay, and the overall trip, extra special was the staff of the Sirkeci Mansion. From the moment we arrived we were treated as part of an extended family. Everyone we interacted with tried to do everything in their power to make us comfortable and to offer as much information as we needed. The half-day tours and the cooking and wine-and-cheese classes they offered were icing on the cake. We have visited Istanbul several times, but we have never felt closer to the city and the people than on this trip, due in large part to the Sirkeci Mansion staff. We will make Sirkeci Mansion our home away from home on future visits. An additional plus for me was that everyone there was happy to help me improve my rudimentary Turkish language skills.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Gülhane Park
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank moriartysm
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

As a seasoned traveler, I think it's important to realize that the experience of a hotel is not just about the rooms or the food, but as much about the staff as anything else.

We just returned from a fantastic trip to Istanbul. With so many places to choose from, I cannot tell you how pleased we are to have ended up staying at Sirkeci Konak.

From the moment we arrived and sat in the beautifully decorated and comfortable lobby and had tea and a wonderful introduction to the hotel and Istanbul with Agah Okay Alkan (his friends call him Okay) the general manager of the hotel, to leaving yesterday while Okay and several other staff members waved goodbye; we just had a great experience!!

The hotel is in a great, convenient location for seeing the Old City and is mere blocks from the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, etc. The rooms may not be huge, but in a city like Istanbul, you need to sacrifice that to be in such a great location. Plus, while they are not huge, they are beautiful, comfortable and fully equipped.

The hotel has a fantastic Wellness Center two levels below the ground floor. There's a Sauna, a Hammam (traditonal Turkish Bath) and a small pool. Plus a massage service, always available. I've stayed in luxury hotels in New York City that didn't have the warmth and comfort that is offered here.

But back to the staff. People are the center of the success of any business. The owner of the Sirkeci group has seen to it that he has the most courteous, friendly and helpful staff I've come across. And he should consider himself lucky to have Okay.

Okay is an ever present, super friendly and incredibly helpful person. He was always ready with recommendations for restaurants, tips on things to do and NOT to do.

I could go on and on, but I will finish by saying that while we were there we stopped by the Four Seasons and several other hotels, and while they are nice from a physical standpoint, I do not believe they could hold a candle to the homey, family sort of feeling you get at the Sirkeci Konak. We miss it already and we will be back.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Beauryan

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is the third time in 2013 that I stayed at the Sirkeci Mansion. The hotel staff is wonderful...what makes them so? They remember you and treat you better than family. When you walk into the lobby, the feeling is comfortable and warm, not cold. They do everything within their power to make you comfortable and help. Breakfast is plentiful. The location is a bit difficult for taxis to reach to deliver you at the front door however you are 50 meters if that much (don't know measurement very well) from the tram station that will take you all the way to Dolmabache palace or the other way to the Grand Bazaar. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The top rooms overlook the gardens located next door. I highly recommend this hotel. Will stay again many times when visiting Sultanahmet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank whereisliz

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had booked two nights at the nearby Hotel Erboy, but we were offered an upgrade to the Sirkeci Mansion at no extra charge. The hotel is located on a charming street directly across from some old city walls. It is within easy walking distance of the tram way and all of the main sights in Sultanahmet. The rooms are wonderful - immaculately clean and tastefully decorated with Ottoman-style furnishings. The staff was very helpful and attentive, providing useful information regarding the tram lines, purchasing advance tickets for Aya Sofya (which I highly recommend as you are able to avoid the long lines to buy tickets to this prime Istanbul attraction), and holding our luggage for us while we took a one day side trip to Ephesus. The free breakfast is wonderful and includes something for everyone (my partner is vegan, so complimentary meals can sometimes be rather unsatisfying for him). The hotel is surrounded by very nice shops, including a great rug shop directly across the street. Overall, I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John N

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The rooms had very comfortable beds, even the extra ones, good wifi, and nice bathrooms. The lobby had a large and pleasant sitting area where my family could play cards. The service was great. The staff seemed to wait on our every need, and took incredible care of my family. The hotel was also very flexible with the activities it offered, and had a large car that took us to and from the airport. The hotel was walking distance from all the "must see" sights and good restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family