“warm&perfect stay”

Ranked #4 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
zgharta
“warm&perfect stay”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

warm welcome and nice stay with nice location with enjoyable staff. really it was perfect stay in Istanbul the hotel was very clean also the reception and the welcome drink and the tea time rest
and the breakfast very delicious there is a turkish bath with sona a swimming pool you can see from the balcony of your room gulhane park after all we got a nice present turkish delight (loukoum) . the hotel location is next to gulhane station and gulhane park very close to topkapi palace and also a 5 minutes walk to aya sofia and blue mosque and cictern basilica and 15 minutes walk to grand bazaar .if you want you can walk to egyptian bazaar and sirkeci station to take ferry or go to princess island or bosphore tour

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank aboushim
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Ellicott City MD
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here last year and it was as good, if not even better. We were greeted like old friends and remembered by many of the staff. I mentioned that they were not serving the little bagel sandwiches as they had done before, so Agah (the General Manager, although he calls himself something less) made sure they were during our entire stay. He apologized as we could not be upgraded for the first 4 of our 9 night stay, but we were for the last part (our upgraded room was incredible!). The normal room, a bit small, is very clean and comfortable. We did hear some tram noise but put on the fan and that was mitigated. Agah led several of the free non- touristy walking tours- you must take them. They are marvelous and Agah is a great "tour leader."
Last year I mentioned the eggs were runny at breakfast but that was not true this year. In addition to so much to eat for breakfast, they always had four different hot dishes and all of them, especially the stuffed mushrooms and tomatoes were delicious. The breads and sweets, the sliced meat, the fresh oranges, etc., were outstanding!
This hotel is located 50 feet from the tram but we walked virtually everywhere. This city is great for walking and the people are great! Service at this hotel is off the chart. Don't even bother to look at any place else to stay while in this great city, stay here. I even met the owner and thanked him for his outstanding staff and the impeccable service. Everyone here was helpful, friendly and efficient. One night I needed to thread a needle and the young lady on the staff did this for me. Ice and more bottled water were always available. Anything you want (within reason), they will provide to you. Staying at the Sirkeci Konak Hotel is a truly outstandging expereince in itself! Thanks to everyone, all the staff, and especially to Samet and Agah! We will be returning to say here, no question about it, plus we absolutely love Istanbul!

1 Thank markjoe

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a boutique hotel right next to the Gulhane park. In addition to having a prime location (we could look into the park from the balcony of our room), the hotel offers great tourist activities. We enjoyed the Turkish cooking lesson offered in the restaurant, and were impressed by the walking tour of Istanbul that was offered by one of the staff members (without additional charge). In a city where one can feel constantly being ripped-off, we felt we got our money's worth (and more) here. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian F

yorkshire
Reviewed December 1, 2013

we are frequent travelers on business so we have stayed in lots of 5 star hotels in lots of countries over the years. What a little gem this place is, with 30 plus rooms not quite small enough to be boutique hotel but charming nonetheless. Rooms are clean and nicely furnished levels, not quite 5 star but charming, beds are very comfortable, but nicest of all is the service. Friendly without being over the top, with just enough fuss for us to feel special but relaxed with it...like staying at a friends house really. the staff are excellent ambassadors for Istanbul tourism.
Food quality is excellent..breakfast buffet changes each day and the restaurant serves very good food in the evening...something we appreciated after spending an early evening in the hotels own ham mam.
In addition to the facilities, the location is very good for sightseeing being 10 minutes walk from Topkapi, Agia Sofia etc. If walking uphill is an issue, the tram stops less than a minute walk from the hotel door.
there are lots of restaurants and shops within 5 minutes walk of the hotel but yet it is quiet. Would we go back there? Personally I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Request double deluxe..has a large balcony overlooking gulhane park

toronto
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Location is superb. Literally 10 min walk to everything you need to see in Istanbul. However, the rooms were of the quality of a 4 star hotel at best. Our first room was European small, even though we had a window to the street. Breakfast was OK. The people are friendly and they did give us a great room on our second visit room 1405 which was an upgrade, large and had a balcony with a great view over Gulhane Park. Would I stay here again--surely if I got the same room and the value is also there I guess vs staying at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed November 2013
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Our guests reviews are quite important to us. Thank you for the comments that will make us serve better and in the future meet more expectations of our guests.

If you may make your way to Istanbul or Turkey one day, we would be glad to assist you in anyway.

If there is anything you would like to share with me, you may contact me via faruk@istanbul.com

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Faruk Boyacı
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Every hotel supposed to be clean, food supposed to be good, staff supposed to be nice and helpful. In your hotel everything was GREAT! But especially I would like to congratulate you for your staff. They make me feel special. You simply amazed me with your warm welcome. You took time for every guest, every employee was smiling and everyone was willing to help you. One receptionist even bought a ticket with his own credit card!!!

Breakfast was so good!!

Location is top! 20 m from the tram, 5 min walk distance from Hagia Sophija, Blue blue mosque.

I got a turkisc sweets as a goodbye gift!

I love tea/coffee time in the lobey, where you get free tea or coffe and some snaks.

1 Thank alenkam2013