“The best hotel experience ever!”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #3 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Every hotel supposed to be clean, food supposed to be good, staff supposed to be nice and helpful. In your hotel everything was GREAT! But especially I would like to congratulate you for your staff. They make me feel special. You simply amazed me with your warm welcome. You took time for every guest, every employee was smiling and everyone was willing to help you. One receptionist even bought a ticket with his own credit card!!!

Breakfast was so good!!

Location is top! 20 m from the tram, 5 min walk distance from Hagia Sophija, Blue blue mosque.

I got a turkisc sweets as a goodbye gift!

I love tea/coffee time in the lobey, where you get free tea or coffe and some snaks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alenkam2013
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

One of our best hotel experiences anywhere. Expertly managed with a great staff to provide an intimate Istanbul experience, this small hotel is an oasis of quiet on a small street facing the walls of Gulhane Park (next to Topkapi). Yet the location can't be better, a short walk to the Sultanahmed's sights (Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque etc) without the noise and street hawking of other hotels in the area. Also close to the convenient tram line. Super breakfast, terrace, daily free walking tours to special places, expert concierge service, and a very fine restaurant (the Neyzade). We stayed four nights and wished we could have stayed longer. Loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park on the upper floors are sunny yet quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed 11 nights at this hotel, and by the time we left, we felt like the staff was our family and were truly so comfortable that we were sad to leave. The hotel is so comfortable, clean, and the service is just magnificent. The breakfast is extensive and varied, and the restaurant is excellent for dinner. The location is close to the tram stops but if you are used to walking you can easily walk to most of the major sights in the old town and down to the waterfront. We even walked across the Galata Bridge over to the new district so it's easy to get anywhere by foot or tram. When I return to Istanbul, I would like to stay in the new district, but there is no way I would not return to this hotel, so I will stay here. It's that good. And it is the excellence of the staff and the high standards they maintain that has set the bar so high.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Impressed right from the booking online to arriving and departing. Got a free transfer from the airport to the hotel. Had an upgrade from the triple room to a family room so we had 2 bathrooms and 3 separate beds - went as a birthday trip with 2 friends. Very clean hotel- well priced for the room. Great location near all the main tourist places. Was very impressed with the hospitality of the staff right through the stay including a cake that was delivered to our room for our birthday celebrations. Breakfast was quite basic but adequate. Also used the pool/Turkish baths - nice clean space for relaxing in. Would definitely stay there again when in Istanbul

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a great small hotel in the old city. Rooms are very nice, food is great and the staff are amazing! There is a pool and spa in the hotel that I did not use. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. I would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is wonderful and has everything you need for you stay in Istanbul. It is incredibly well located about 5-15 minute walk to the majority of the major historic sites. There are several tram stops within one block and you are 10 minutes for the docks should you want to do a boat cruise. In addition, the service is impeccable - the front desk made phone calls for us, helped us buy tickets for the major sites, printed our boarding passes, and set up our transfer back to the airport. This is also one of the few hotels with a hamam on site. There is also a small swimming pool, sauna, and gym. The hamam is very nice and a good introduction if you have never been to one before. The hotel's restaurant is also excellent if you are looking for a delicious close to home. We had a beautiful room on the top floor overlooking the park and water. It looked like rooms on the 4th floor also had small balconies. Our room had a little gas stand-alone fireplace, a dish of fresh turkish delight everyday, and was very comfortable. We stayed four nights, five days and could have easily stayed longer.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the park on the 4th and 5th floors are probably the best. Also, pay in cash upon ar...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 11, 2013

this was our third visit to Istanbul. last year we stayed is sulthanamet, but weren't crazy about our hotel and the front desk there said we might prefer the sirkeci konak. wow, they were so right. everything was great. from the very helpful staff to the breakfast we loved our stary. they even offer some tours free of charge, but the only perk we could take advantage of was the cooking class. we would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple