“Excellent stay in a great location”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,148 Hotels in Istanbul
Cheshire, England
“Excellent stay in a great location”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Impressed right from the booking online to arriving and departing. Got a free transfer from the airport to the hotel. Had an upgrade from the triple room to a family room so we had 2 bathrooms and 3 separate beds - went as a birthday trip with 2 friends. Very clean hotel- well priced for the room. Great location near all the main tourist places. Was very impressed with the hospitality of the staff right through the stay including a cake that was delivered to our room for our birthday celebrations. Breakfast was quite basic but adequate. Also used the pool/Turkish baths - nice clean space for relaxing in. Would definitely stay there again when in Istanbul

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a great small hotel in the old city. Rooms are very nice, food is great and the staff are amazing! There is a pool and spa in the hotel that I did not use. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. I would definitely stay there again!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is wonderful and has everything you need for you stay in Istanbul. It is incredibly well located about 5-15 minute walk to the majority of the major historic sites. There are several tram stops within one block and you are 10 minutes for the docks should you want to do a boat cruise. In addition, the service is impeccable - the front desk made phone calls for us, helped us buy tickets for the major sites, printed our boarding passes, and set up our transfer back to the airport. This is also one of the few hotels with a hamam on site. There is also a small swimming pool, sauna, and gym. The hamam is very nice and a good introduction if you have never been to one before. The hotel's restaurant is also excellent if you are looking for a delicious close to home. We had a beautiful room on the top floor overlooking the park and water. It looked like rooms on the 4th floor also had small balconies. Our room had a little gas stand-alone fireplace, a dish of fresh turkish delight everyday, and was very comfortable. We stayed four nights, five days and could have easily stayed longer.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the park on the 4th and 5th floors are probably the best. Also, pay in cash upon ar...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Twain Harte, California
Reviewed November 11, 2013

this was our third visit to Istanbul. last year we stayed is sulthanamet, but weren't crazy about our hotel and the front desk there said we might prefer the sirkeci konak. wow, they were so right. everything was great. from the very helpful staff to the breakfast we loved our stary. they even offer some tours free of charge, but the only perk we could take advantage of was the cooking class. we would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were put in this hotel by Exclusive Escapes and loved every minute of it. It's a small, beautifully run hotel with a fabulous rooftop restaurant overlooking the Topkapi Palace Gardens serving really good food. A great spa in the basement for a Hamman and rub-down. Wonderful over-the-top breakfast. Lovely staff. Great location. We will go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank skoolrunmum

London
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is an amazing hotel. It has a traditional look, immaculately clean and ornately decorated, with the modern touch of a plunge pool, sauna, spa treatments and a gym. The rooms are very comfortable and kitted out beautifully, the restaurant is fantastic, but the service ....from another era. Splendid, attentive - nothing is too much trouble. Close to the Topkapi palace, a tram ride away from the Bosphorus, a fabulous location for shopping and exploring. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller. I love it.

1 Thank EJ99London

Baltimore
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Sirkeci Konak for 3 nights at the end of September. I chose it based on recommendations on this website, and I am so glad that I did. I was traveling alone, so I was very cognizant of hotel location - I didn't want somewhere out of the way to get to at night. This location was wonderful - on a quiet, mostly pedestrian street just down the hill from a tram stop and around the bend from the Topkapi Palace. I actually ended up walking nearly everywhere instead of using the tram. My room was small, but it had enough storage, a VERY comfortable bed, and a modern bathroom. The included buffet breakfast was wide-ranging: from cereal to eggs to sweets to honey dripping from the comb. I took advantage of the on-site restaurant for dinner one night and was quite impressed. Complimentary afternoon tea was a good time to meet and talk to fellow travelers. The hotel offered a food tour which turned out to be a highlight of my visit. It lasted several hours, covered a variety of foods, and certainly removed the need for any dinner that night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo