“Definitely will stay her again!'”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,154 Hotels in Istanbul
Houston, TX
“Definitely will stay her again!'”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is a little bit larger than a boutique hotel, but with the fabulous service, decor and amenities of a boutique hotel! The staff were absolutely great, the owner goes the extra mile to make his guests feel like guests! The breakfast was an artful buffet with an array of homemade breads, quiches, olives, fruits, homemade jams and jellies, even a honeycomb dripping honey for your breads. We had a wonderful, restful stay, and don't miss the rooftop garden cafe at dusk with the view of the Bosphorus and looking over the palace wall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front and you will have a view of the busy little brick street you are on in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Sirkeci Group Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were a group of four who booked this hotel independently for a three night pre cruise stay. From checking in to departing the hotel staff could not do enough for us. The staff are brilliant and go "the extra mile" to ensure that guests are well catered for. A particularly nice touch was the welcome drink in the bar whilst the English speaking customer services representative (Gerard) filled us in on the local area and offered to book local attractions for us to avoid queuing. The hotel itself is well placed and the rooms are spotless. We ate dinner in the sister hotel restaurant on one occasion (The Imbat) and the food was delicious. Thankyou, we hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Riversdale
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Our travel agent made a strong recommendation for this hotel based on past client experience. Choice was spot-on. Convenient to most of the main Istanbul attractions. Caring service- we arrived at 06.30 after an overnight flight and were immediately given a room. Concierge introduction to Istanbul with much very helpful advice and tickets booked immediately to main attractions- saved us hours of queing. Hotel organised walking tour to Farmers Market and wine tasting all as part of 'normal' service. In house turkish bath- could you ask for more? Room fine and breakfast buffet very good. Would recommend to anyone and would certainly return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak/Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Dubai
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I felt so sorry that our stay was only for one night in this small yet fabulous boutique hotel, due to our pre-planned trip to Cappadocia.

The service is excellent and the staff are so friendly in this well-located hotel. The rooms and facilities are clean and quite.

Now I am planning a trip to Istanbul for me and family and will certainly stay at Sirkeci Konak, for four nights this time :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Quebec
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Before our cruise, we stayed 4 nights (August 26 to 30, 2013) at this very well maintained and clean hotel. It was located in the historical center in a calm street just beside the Gulhane Park. We only walk 10 or 15 minutes to reach the interesting sites (Blue Mosque, Basilic Ste-Sophie, Basilic cistern, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Bosphorus, Topkapi Palace, etc.). We made a reservation for a Superior Room but we were very happy to be upgraded to a Deluxe Room (#2501) on the fifth floor with a balcony and a superb view on the Gulhane Park. Furthermore, we could see from our room our ship docked on the other side of the Bosphorus. Upon arrival, the check-in was smooth and the student Cenar who was in training explained in details the hotels and the tours. The room was large, bright and well decorated with an oriental touch (blue ceramics, turkish carpet, stylized lamps, fresh flowers). A plate of turkish delights was on a table. The bathroom was not very large, but efficient and the bed very comfortable. The air conditioning was easy to control. The maid service was efficient and regular. The breakfast until 11 o’clock was very good and plentiful (cereals, nuts, fresh and dried fruits, fresh orange juice, coffee, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bread, pastries, cheese, yogurts, etc.). The free dinner at the Neyzade restaurant on the roof was good. We also went to the Imbat restaurant at the Orient Express Hotel which is in the Sirkeci group. The view on the Bosphorus, the bridge between the European part and Asian part of Istambul and the city was incredible. The food was delicious and the service excellent. All the personnel at the reception was helpful and smiling. The day before our departure, we received a box of loukoums, which was a delicate attention. We appreciated very much our stay and we strongly recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Istambul.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Greenbrae, California
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a Black Sea cruise that ended in Istanbul. We had been told about this hotel from friends, who had stayed there. Everything we heard was correct. The location in the old city was ideal. We were a 5 minute walk from Topkopi and about 10 minutes from either the Spice Market, the Grand Bizarre, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The rooms while a little small were clean and more than adequate. We ate at their restaurant and both the dinners and all the breakfasts were wonderful. We were staying four nights and as a result we received free transfers from the the cruise ship to the hotel and later free transfers to the airport. They also gave us a free welcome dinner. But the best was their guided tours. Okay, a front desk attendant, conducted the tours. He spoke lovely English and lead us on two adventures. The first was a free walk through the Trade Life of Istanbul. We visited a working gold smelter and stone setter. We walked on Mahmutpasa Street, a major shopping street for locals. We visited a beautiful hidden Mosque and then took the tram back. No visits to rug factories or any attempt at selling. The tour was about 6 hours and we were pleasantly tired. The second tour was a 20 TL per person culinary tour around the Sirkeci neighborhood ending near the Spice market. We would stop a various street vendors and eat locally prepared street food. On our own we never would have eaten at any of these places nor would we have found them. You have to be adventurous to do this. However, the experience was fabulous as we ate chili paste drenched in lemon juice on lettuce. Sweetbreads and lamb intestine BBQed over coals on bread. Bulger breaded meat balls deep fried and Pidi, Turkish pizza. Finished with baklava and more. That tour started a noon and ended at 4. Needless to say we did not eat dinner that night. Okay conducted the culinary tour too and was wonderful. I cannot say enough nice things about the Sirkeci Konak. We had brought our own alcohol and went to the their roof garden for drinks every night. They happily supplied the glasses and ice and peanuts, so we enjoy the setting sun and beautiful view of Gulhane Park.
This hotel is a real find.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2404 and it had a nice view of the front street and the activity on it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

McLean, VA
Reviewed October 5, 2013

From the moment we entered this small, charming hotel, we felt like we were entering the home of a friend. All of the staff, including Okay and Sam, were lovely and made us feel very welcome. They provided excellent orientation to the city and went out of their way to help with arrangements and make suggestions. The location of the hotel puts it within easy walking distance of many major attractions. The small restaurant puts out a huge breakfast spread and dinners there were delicious and lovely. They serve afternoon tea in their living room where you have the opportunity to chat with other guests but also ask questions of the staff. They offered a delightful cooking class where 10 guests went down to the kitchen and chopped and diced. At the conclusion of the class we sat down with our classmates and enjoyed the delicious dinner that we had just helped to prepare. Unfortunately we were not there on the days that other excursions/experiences were offered. There is no question that we would return to Sirkeci Konak on another trip to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the walls and garden of Topkapi Palace and seemed very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple