“Ideal in Istanbul”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the hotel in Sept 2013 and were delighted with our choice of hotel. The staff and level of customer service shown is amazing. The hotel arranged a free transfer for us on our arrival at Ataturk Intl, Airport and upon check-in one of the staff briefly explained the hotel, surrounding area & city to us over a cup of tea. When we got to our room there was a welcome letter from the manager. The hotel overlooks a quiet street and is very close to the tram stop {Gullhane} which makes travel a bit easier in this vast city. That said the hotel is located in the old town, Sultanhamet, and all of the major sights are within a short walk especially Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Place with the Grand & Spice Bazaars located equally close in the the opposite direction.

The room itself has everything a person needs and is clean & comfortable - the bed being extra comfy! There is complimentary turkish delights provided along with tea/coffee and 2 small bottles of water each day. The hotel has an onsite turkish bath, small pool & fitness centre. Breakfast is delicious and there is an extensive choice of items - it runs till 11am which seems to provide a more relaxed atmosphere compared to the usual last minute rush in other hotels.
We ate at the restaurant on our first night as there was a 'welcome dinner' included in our 4 night stay package that we booked through the hotel's website. The meal was fantastic as we had a full choice of 3 courses from their a la carte menu with the only cost to us the drinks we ordered. Highly recommended!

There is a large choice of bars, shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity and as I mentioned earlier the nearby tram will bring you anywhere else in the city. The hotel is perfectly located as it is close to almost everything Istanbul has to offer but is an oasis of calm, being positioned is a quiet spot away from all the hustle & bustle of this huge city.

After four days exploring everything Istanbul has to offer our holiday was drawing to a close and upon entering our room on our last night there was a small parting gift from the hotel - a box of turkish delight. Very thoughful. In conclusion I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of visiting Istanbul. The welcoming nature of all the staff is a lesson to hotel's all over the world.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

There are newer reviews for Sirkeci Mansion

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels over the years but this one displayed probably the best service we've ever seen. From the minute you arrive the staff are friendly and helpful and seem genuinely interested in making your stay as as pleasant as possible. We partly chose it because of its high ratings but also its location. It is in the old part of Istanbul and you can literally walk to most of the major attractions. There are also many good restaurants and bars in the immediate vicinity. One thing we found useful was to use the tram line to orientate yourself. If you go out of the hotel and turn right you walk up the hill about 50 metres and come to the tram line. If you follow the line up the hill you come to the Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, Topkapi palace, Basilica Cistern and eventually the Grand Bazaar. If you follow the line down (right at top of hill) you will come to the spice bazaar and waterfront. Of course you don't have to walk you can just use the tram. You buy plastic tokens at machines situated near the stops. The tokens get you through the barrier at each stop. We ate at the hotel on our first night. The outside restaurant is on the roof and has lovely views over the city towards the Bosphorous. The food here was good quality and matched the lovely views. There is also a lounge area on the roof which we used a few times just to have a drink or relax on the loungers. The roof area also overlooks the Gulhane park area. The park is worth walking through and very well kept. If you walk towards the water you will eventually come to an outside cafe which has spectacular views over the Bosphorous. We also used the Hammam (turkish bath) on site which I probably enjoyed more than my wife. There is a sauna and swimming pool in the same area. The pool is not big but nice just for a mooch around after a hard day's sight seeing. There are lots of nice touches with this hotel like afternoon tea and cakes, turkish delight in your room and a little gift when you leave. We loved Istanbul and would definitely stay in this hotel if and when we return.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back just overlook A/C units etc but I guess don't have the noise of the street...

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Turkey for our honeymoon in July'13. As we were honeymooners, the hotel offered us a complimentary pick up from the airport.. which was part of the many nice little touches in the hotel.
The hotel is located in the old Turkish area - also known as Sultanhamet.. which is a beautiful area, slightly more rustic as compared to the rest of the city. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with the guest relationship officer who helped us understand the city, nearby areas, modes of transportation and all the things we could do around the city. We were delighted to realize that all the traditional Turkish attractions such The Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar were within walking distance!
We were further surprised by the hotel when we realized that we were given the corner room with a balcony since we were honeymooners - something which we had not payed for.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I did find the breakfast a bit repetitive (and hence not 5 stars).. The food was yummy and their rooftop hotel seemed beautiful.
They have a host of activities for their guests which we unfortunately could not enjoy...
Thank you Sirkeci Konak for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak/Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed twice in one month and wish we could stay longer. Great location across the street from Gulhane Park.
LOVED the staff, our lovely room, 1305, overlooking the walls of Topkapi into Gulhane Park, the hammam, and yummy restaurant. Upon arrival, we were greeted with tea and Turkish bagels, and an orientation to the hotel and environs.
The complimentary cooking class was great fun as was the interesting slice of life tour of the Wednesday market and culinary tours with Ramazan.
Sirkeci is really TOP TOP notch.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Room Tip: Room 1305 is on the 3rd floor overlooking the Gulhane Park. It has 2 large windows, air con and a co...
1  Thank ethnicannie

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had stayed for several nights at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Istanbul with a tour we were on and had to stay another night to get direct flights home so looked around (on TripAdvisor, etc) and decided to stay in the 'Old Town' and booked a standard room at Sirkeci Konak. We had a room facing the street and it had a small balcony, which I loved and spent a lot of the evening (after hubby went to sleep) watching the dynamic diorama happening out on the street. The welcome was genuine & unforced, with much information about transport, restaurants, attractions, etc. We arrived at about 9am and reserved a table on the roof terrace for tea. They have 2 sittings for the evening meal, 7pm & 9pm and booking a table early is recommended as it is a fantastic vista. Many others who arrived later were unable to secure a booking as it was booked out. The room was clean and more than big enough. The hotel pool was small, but quaint and we would have made use of it if we weren't flying out early the next day. The food was yummy, hot and catered to my father's more 'Western' taste, whilst having some local treats. The staff are great. The location is absolutely superb. So close to all the historic attractions of Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Cistern Bascilica, just a bare 2 minutes up the road and through the ancient palace walls and you are in the midst of the most amazing, silent Gulhane Park. My parents were waiting in the hotel lounge til our rooms were available, and I walked back to the hotel to tell them that this oasis was here and they then had a lovely couple of hours sitting in the park watching the world go by, as we went gallivanting around the old town.
We loved this hotel so much we are coming back again next year for 4 days!!

Room Tip: A room with a small balcony is great on the street, and the larger balconies up higher, if you can a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments. It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay at our hotel. Everyone sends you their regards.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple spent 6 nights in total at this hotel. Our experience was excellent. The hotel is situated in the Old Town in perfect walking distance for all the main attractions and is surrounded by fantastic restaurants. It is opposite a lovely park which is directly behind the Topkaki Palace. Great for an early morning walk.
All staff were extremely hospitable, friendly and welcoming. Our friends left a camera behind when we were leaving the country and the hotel staff went out of their way to have it sent to the airport by taxi. When the taxi did not arrive in time for our flight the staff once again, without any hesitation, organised for the camera to be posted to Australia.

Room Tip: We did not use the spa and some rooms are a little smaller than others. I can't imagine that an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and it was absolutely fantastic. The hotel is in a superb location very close to all the top sites and within 1 minute of the tram stop. The hotel is intermat and the staff cannot do enough for you. We were allocated a small room when we arrived but on request we were moved to a larger room without any fuss. The restaurant on the roof was lovely and the food great. We even had a traditional Turkish bath and massage that was a real experience! I would highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay here again on a return visit.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple