“Thoroughly recommend it”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We enjoyed our three night stay in Istanbul and especially our stay at Sirkeci Konak very much. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location could not be better. It was only a ten minute walk to the most well known tourist locations (eg Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya, Topkapi Palace, Cistern, Hippodrome) but on a quiet street overlooking the lovely Gulhane Park), and only a minute walk to the wonderful Istanbul trams. I doubt that we will visit Turkey again but will certainly recommend the hotel to our family and friends who visit Istanbul. We did not use spa or gym except for shower and changing after check-out and before flying out.

Room Tip: Room 1405 is large and has a beautiful outlook.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike503
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

There are newer reviews for Sirkeci Mansion

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I was in Istanbul for a few days and stayed at this hotel. It was fantastic. Great location, wonderful staff and one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

The only thing that was annoying - and this is room-based - was that there was a lot of traffic between the elevator in the 4th floor and the stairs going up to the roof deck. We were in 1402, so stay in a different room if you can. The situation wasn't unbearable just a nuisance. I would absolutely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Elemenopi

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This little hotel tucked away on a side street is a complete gem. The location is perfect - a minutes walk to a tram stop to take you over to Taskim square, no more than 10 minutes walk to the other sightseeing must-sees and close to a variety of great eating spots. The rooftop terrace and restaurant were a hidden gem. We often returned to the hotel late and enjoyed a glass of wine under the stars away from the hustle and bustle. What makes this a great hotel is the customer service. Knowledgeable, friendly attentive staff. Nothing was too much trouble from wanting an extra pillow to tram tokens to reserving the best restaurants in town - all done with a smile. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a fabulous base in this amazing city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antandsai

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Truly, you can't beat the location. Get a top floor room on the park so you can watch the traffic at the shops on the street below and down into the park beyond the ancient walls. Our room was generously enough sized - a comfortable square (though the first room they tried to put us in was not what we had reserved and was quite narrow). The bathroom, though, was tiny and awkward. It was really too small to get dressed in, no where to conveniently store and access toiletries. If we were to stay here again, we would spring for the deluxe room with the balcony, which I would assume has not only a larger room but also a larger bathroom. The staff is the thing here. They're really wonderful. The concierge very useful. They will gladly call a cab and insure that the driver knows exactly where to go (not many cab drivers speak English.), book a side trip, or make restaurant reservations. It's a small hotel and very personable. Also, don't miss visiting the hamam in the basement. It's co-ed and you must wear a bathing suit or pestemal, but its a godsend after a day of tromping the city streets. (We didn't use the spa services, just went self-serve.) It's refreshing to go in the pool after the hamam or sauna. Also, the rooftop restaurant is fantastic. We had one of the best meals of our visit there.The breakfast, however, is below average. The same selection every day. The breads seemed stale. The scrambled eggs like any steam table eggs. The other hot offerings, ditto. There is cereal, meats, cheeses, olives, halva, etc. The thing we enjoyed most was the fruit since it was watermelon season and Turkish watermelon is amazing. We like this hotel, but didn't love it so much that we'd stay again next visit.

Room Tip: Book via the Web site for free transportation from the airport (depending on length of visit) and a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DawnousAtl

My Dear Guest;

I am Faruk Boyacı, the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. We definitely take any comments into consideration and take immediate action for better.

Thank you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) ,if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

The Owner of Sirkeci Group

Reviewed August 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel very welcome. A personalised concierge service is one of the main attractions which makes you feel very well looked after and helps ease your trip, especially if time is tight, which it was for us. I heard breakfast was good (heard because I was fasting for Ramadhan for which the kitchen prepared me a Sahur plate with no fuss) and there was also an afternoon tea which my family welcomed as a pit stop.
Room was beautiful, well appointed with comfortable beds.
Location is very convenient.
Overall, a great stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tafster

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Very user friendly; even to the point of providing tram tokens in reception. The location was awesome, ten mins walk to 4 of Istanbul's major attractions. Great rooftop bar and basement Turkish bath rounded out the experience . Personalised service and great breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank WKoopmans
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak/Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Best Wishes from Istanbul Sirkeci Konak Family

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Sirkeci Konak has got hospitality right in every way, they were certainly there to make our holiday the best in every way. The staff, at all times, were friendly, helpful and knowledgable, welcoming us into the culture, history and activities that make up this wonderful city. Our holiday began in this wonderful hotel, for 5 nights, if I could only be jettisoned back. Sirkeci Konak was perfect in every way from the clean rooms, varied breakfasts, ideal location, extremely helpful and informative staff, added guided walks and cooking class. We are so glad we involved ourselves in their informative walks, expertly guided by Okay, what a treasure. This hotel works hard to make a tourists life excellent in every way, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in every way at Sirkeci Konak. Thank you so much for the gift of Turkish Delight, a lovely surprise departure gift.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SueJamesLily
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013