“Best Istanbul boutique option”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #5 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
London, Canada
“Best Istanbul boutique option”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Fabulous property. Next to Topekai Palace. Close to Blue Mosque & St Sophia. Comfortable room. Excellent rooftop restaurant. Hotel & dinner on the roof were the best experience of my month in Europe. Best boutique hotel option in Istanbul. Wonderful buffet breakfast also. We'll be back!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak/Mansion. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Sirkeci Group Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Sirkeci Konak hotel on a tour across Turkey with our two young children. This hotel deserves it's high rating on Trip Advisor. First, the location is perfect. The hotel is right outside the walls of the Topkapi Palace / Gulhane Park - which puts it within walking distance of many tourist sites (Topkapi, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Spice Bazaar) - and it is also adjacent to a tram stop. Yet, despite the great location the street is quiet. We were easily able to tour sites first thing in the morning, then return after lunch for a swim in the clean pool and a rest in the Hamam. Our family-adjoining rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable. We took advantage of Neyzade's lovely rooftop views and ate a fabulous dinner our first night in Istanbul. We also signed up for a wine tasting experience one afternoon in the hotel and enjoyed meeting other guests as well as learning more about some Turkish wines. If we were around to participate in some of the other experiences (cooking class, walking tour, etc.) we definitely would have! Many thanks to Sirkeci Konak for a great stay in Istanbul!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's located just a tad outside the main touristy area, but still within walking distance to everything in Sultanahmet, and right next to the tram stop. It's a great hotel with very helpful staff, but don't envision this to be a luxury 4 star hotel in the States. Breakfast selection was awesome, very much exceeded expectations. It has a nice restaurant on the terrace too. (Neyzade)

Only small downside is the rooms are not very sound proof.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here and the staff went far above and beyond what we expected. The Sirkeci Konak offers lots of free (or low cost) tours to help immerse you in the local culture. The tour of the Fenir neighborbood is highly recommended. Okay -- our tour guide -- was fantastic. The hotel is located right next to the largest urban park in Istanbul and the neighborhood is in the middle of the major tourist area in Istanbul. Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, and the Spice Market were all in walking distance. Boats across the Bosphorus were also in close walking distance. The tram is within a block if you need to get to other areas in the city. The hotel and grounds were very clean and attractive and the neighborhood was vibrant and full of activity, yet felt very safe. There are lots of things to do/places to eat in very easy walking distance. We stayed in both the Deluxe and Superior rooms; the Superior room was certainly larger, but both (surprisingly) had a balcony. (Not sure if all Superior rooms have balconies -- we might have just gotten lucky.) Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The best value is probably a Superior Room with a balcony, which faces the park.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

How can I describe perfection?
Perfection started the moment we walked through the door. We were greeted like missed relatives. Our room was ready, even though we arrived at 9am.

Evening Turkish tea and coffee (4pm-6pm), private tours and events complimentary, something different everyday.
A private luxurious Hamman (Turkish bath), right in the hotel. A sun deck/eatery terrace, to relax, drink or eat (Try to the Dolmas appetizer, it's better than my mom's).
My overall first and last impression is you have a staff at your complete disposal. And the staff, just makes you want to smile. Especially Agah.
Our room...the best 4 nights sleep I've have in a long time. Bathrobes I nearly bought, they were so soft. Hardwood floors gave the room a lovely charm. Bathroom is modern, immaculately clean and luxurious.
Location, PRIME...just second to none. Right by tram (they will sell you tokens), we were a very short stroll from everything. Our street was quiet, yet lively.
Breakfast buffet is delightful and hearty!! From 7:30am to 10:30pm
There is no other place I will ever stay when in Istanbul. Both my husband, and my sister feel the same way.
This is positively a true 5-star mansion. You will not regret staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Deniliquin, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Everything that has been written about this hotel is true. We booked on line and received a complimentary private car from airport and also a free meal one evening, after a long day's travel we were greeted by the wonderful Sam from guest relations and offered a welcoming drink. Everything was explained including the complimentary tours, cooking class, wine tasting etc, a piece of advice, book ahead though as they fill fast.

I have never stayed at a hotel (including much higher star rated hotels) where the staff are so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The little extra things like a welcome dish of Turkish delight and fresh fruit to the fresh flowers next to the bed just made you feel so welcome.

The gym is basic but adequate but the spa excellent.
The rooftop restaurant was wonderful, great view and great staff. There is also an area you can sit and have drinks or sit on sun loungers.
The included breakfast had a great variety of foods.
Housekeeping spot on.
Excellent location, walking distance to major sites.
A seamless checkout with transport organised and a friendly wave off from all the staff as we entered the car!

Congratulations to the owner, management and all the staff - top hotel, we will be returning (as we didn't have long enough to see enough of this wonderful city) and have already recommended to friends.

Room Tip: We had rooms 2501 and 2502, the only rooms on top floor, facing the park with balconies and seating...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had the most amazing service experience for a long time to come at this hotel.We arrived from Mumbai at 8:00p.m and headed straight to this hotel with hubby and 2 young kids in tow!

For an hour, post entering the hotel though, we got no room allocated to us but were served the complimentary drinks anyway.On inquiring regards the delay in room allocation I was told very cheerfully by the manager that i had arrived on 25th May but had wrongly booked for 25th June and so no room was available!
He however had already placed calls to 10 nearby hotels and even had one booked for our family for the night!! So could we please check-in there and come back the next morning so he could help us with rooms the next day!!Yup, did hug him tight like mentally! :-))

Need i say more?

Sonal Divekar

Room Tip: The room location is excellent and you can book a dance show directly at the hotel.Do check out the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family