“My new favorite hotel in Istanbul”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is my 3rd visit to Istanbul, and glad I made a change of where I stayed. I was torn when changing hotels, but once I walked into the Konak, I knew I had made the right choice. I was on the top floor, in the back, but that didn't matter, the room was great! It was very comfortable and kept very clean. Staff was great, very helpful, and the visit into the neighborhood is a tour not to miss. It was led by the manager of the hotel, and it was amazing how many people like vendors and others living in the neighborhood knew him. Really can't comment on the food in the hotel, since I usually like eating out in the neighborhoods, and where the hotel is located, there are so many local places to eat. My transfer from the hotel to the airport was not until 7:30pm, and the hotel allowed me to stay in a room at no charge. This is definitely my new favorite hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Owner of the Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,049)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great staff, great location, great room and breakfast. Loved staying here and was so impressed by the service. The staff is extremely warm, friendly and helpful - from the time we walked in to the hotel till they waved us goodbye in the taxi, our stay was made as comfortable as possible. I travelled with my toddler and had to make a few requests at ungodly hours but they were ever willing to serve and with a smile! Just amazing amazing staff. I've never seen customer service taken to this extent - definitely the best hotel experience by far. Highly recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important to me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. Reading your review is a great motivator and lead us to continue with desire and passion.

Hope to see you again! Anything from Istanbul, just let me know.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in this wonderful mansion hotel for 3 nights, luckily upgraded to this hotel by ERBOY Hotel. This hotel is simply awesome guest satisfaction is taken very seriously and were offered Turkish delight when we arrived, free transportation was arranged, you just ask them and they are there to help you, which is exactly what I experienced, The service was amazing by hotel staff, they were very courteous. excellent location with just 15 min walk to Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sofia Mosque and Blue Mosque and a very big park nearby.

I would like to come back to this hotel again, it truly deserves beyond 5 stars and are very thankful to ERBOY hotel for such an upgrade to a wonderful hotel stay with one of the best staffs you could ever see.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandeep R

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments. It is great to hear that you had a enjoyable stay at our hotel. Everyone sends you their regards.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived on June 2nd to a lovely welcome, our room on the 4th floor was not too big but included the most enormous comfortable bed. We had a good view of the street life below and the park beyond.
As everyone says, breakfast is very good relaxed and with an excellent choice and friendly but unobstrusive staff
We enjoyed a meal on the roof and watched the storks as they roosted in the trees in the park, it all added to the atmosphere
It is in a very good position to visit all the popular sites on foot
The hotel trips were both enjoyable and very informative, we learned so much about the history, customs and daily life of this lovely City, as well as tasting food on the Culinary Tour that we would not have, without the information and knowledge given.
We could not have been treated better, including the owner making himself known and providing his mobile number should there be a problem his staff couldn't resolve
Would certainly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jodagela

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Prepare to be impressed by this hotel. We stayed here twice (4 rooms) and each stay was fantastic. The suites overlooking Gulhane Park are amazing, but the single rooms were equally nice, with Juliet balconies facing the street. The rooms at the back are larger but less quiet if you don't sleep through the call to prayer. Better than the rooms at this hotel was the service -- nothing was a problem, with the staff providing helpful, cost saving advice. The free tours and cooking class were fantastic, especially the market tour in Fener. The guest relations staff were spectacular, no issue too difficult or troublesome. The hotel facilities were great -- pool, sauna, hanam-- and the breakfast diverse and tasty. There were 2 free for use computers and printers in the hotels, elevators, and a rooftop restaurant with delicious food. The beds were sooo comfortable, the slippers and bathrobes a bonus, and the bathrooms a great size. Cable channels were plentiful and fresh flowers enlivened the room. Add in afternoon cay and a supply of complimentary turkish delight, you dont get better than this. Check out all the added extras (meals, shuttles, tours) with your stay to compare value with other hotels.Will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street for quietness and view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in this wonderful boutique hotel recently upon recommendation of a friend. I can tell you that this hotel takes guest satisfaction seriously and that they are committed to making guests feel at home, which is exactly what I experienced during my stay! The service was unbelievable, the staff very courteous, rooms spacious and nicely done bathrooms. The restaurant on top has a great view, though unfortunately we didn't have time to dine there. The location is perfect if you prefer the old part of the city. The tram stop is only a few steps away, as well as the entrance to Gulhane Park, which (in my opinion) is the nicest park in Istanbul.
I wish to emphasize the staff once again, who went out of their way to make you feel special and showed great hospitality throughout our stay. I loved the attitude of everyone working there because it felt like no request was too big for them. Will go back there anytime and highly recommend it to everyone willing to stay in the Old City without the noise of it all!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel has an excellent location (15 min walk from Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sofia Mosque and Blue Mosque). The rooms are small but very clean and with hardwood floor. The service was impeccable as was the staff. In each room you can find a water kettle and Turkish delights. There are two very good restaurants in the hotel, one Turkish and one fish-based; the hotel also provides transfer for 20 euro/car (a fast and high quality minivan) and offers to its guests a gift on their departure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eturia

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

If you have any recommendations to share, please do not hesitate to contact me through faruk@istanbul.com