“"No" is not an option in this hotel!”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #3 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Lima, Peru
“"No" is not an option in this hotel!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in this wonderful boutique hotel recently upon recommendation of a friend. I can tell you that this hotel takes guest satisfaction seriously and that they are committed to making guests feel at home, which is exactly what I experienced during my stay! The service was unbelievable, the staff very courteous, rooms spacious and nicely done bathrooms. The restaurant on top has a great view, though unfortunately we didn't have time to dine there. The location is perfect if you prefer the old part of the city. The tram stop is only a few steps away, as well as the entrance to Gulhane Park, which (in my opinion) is the nicest park in Istanbul.
I wish to emphasize the staff once again, who went out of their way to make you feel special and showed great hospitality throughout our stay. I loved the attitude of everyone working there because it felt like no request was too big for them. Will go back there anytime and highly recommend it to everyone willing to stay in the Old City without the noise of it all!

Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Romania
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel has an excellent location (15 min walk from Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, Hagia Sofia Mosque and Blue Mosque). The rooms are small but very clean and with hardwood floor. The service was impeccable as was the staff. In each room you can find a water kettle and Turkish delights. There are two very good restaurants in the hotel, one Turkish and one fish-based; the hotel also provides transfer for 20 euro/car (a fast and high quality minivan) and offers to its guests a gift on their departure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eturia

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

If you have any recommendations to share, please do not hesitate to contact me through faruk@istanbul.com

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a nice property. I stayed with my husband for three nights in June 2013.
The property is in very good condition and perfectly located literally a few minutes walk from all the major sites. We had a standard double overlooking the street. The room was on the small side (but on a par with European sizes), well equipped with a bathroom at the back (no window). The bathroom was a little cramped. We are not tall and my husband found it a little uncomfortable.

Room service was good. The room is tastefully decorated and has nice touches like fresh flowers. Not too noisy either and you could open the windown onto a tiny balconette and watch the street below.
Staff were friendly enough; I didnt find all the staff on reception that welcoming to be honest, so my review would be between good and very good, but not great.
I met the owner who introduced himself which was a nice touch. One comment I would make is that reception was always busy. It would be great if there could be more staff on attendance.

I used the lesire facilities. Hammam is of a nice size, though the door would not close so itmwasn't that hot. Perhaps it has been repaired?

Breakfast was very good with lots of options including healthy ones. I was disappointed the hotel chooses litpon tea. I know this is a big brand but I find it undrinkable - understand it is cheap, but there are nicer teas out there of a nice quality.

I used the laundry service and it was both reasonable and fab results. Concierge was a lovely lady and very well informed.

Overall I recommend the hotel. I also stayed at its sister property Neorion. See my review of that. The Neorion is literally 5 mins walk away, bigger rooms, smaller reception area, more modern property and perhaps a better rooftop.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front. If you are travelling intercontinental with big suitcases suggest you s...
1 Thank Claudia L

Walton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

we stayed here while there were the Taksim Square problems - and were delighted. Attentive, friendly but professional service, information (and tea) on arrival so we could get our bearings straight away, comfortable and clean room (if a tad small; think there were bigger to be had) but all you needed for a short ish stay. Because we were there for more than a certain number of days there were deals on shuttle, and a meal. Had not intended to take up the meal offer - thank goodness we did. It was delicious! Not the best view in Istanbul from the rooftop but the food, service and ambience all more than made up for it. And 30 seconds from the tram!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 32amh

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice, the first time for 2 nights and the second for just one night. The staff were very attentive, the restaurant meals we had in the evening were excellent. The only negative was the second room we had was on the first floor and was noisy from the air conditioning.

Rex

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

NYC
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is situated in the old part of the city, convenient to the trolley line and within walking distance of major attractions, but there are many hotels with those characteristics. We felt the Istanbul Sirkeci Konak was a special place. The hotel was beautiful, our room looking out over the street and the park, where we could watch the herons and green parrots. We particularly enjoyed the activities that the hotel organized (something we don't usually go in for)--a wine tasting of Turkish wines, a visit to the Wednesday fruit/vegetable market, one that we might not otherwise have visited. There were others as well that we did not have time to enjoy. The staff was extremely helpful, the breakfasts were a pleasure and there is a rooftop restaurant as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SUSANERIC

Malibu CA
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed for four nights at the end of May/early June, just as the Gezi park protests began and moved into Taksim Square. As result, we experience a fascinating glimpse of the culture clashes between conservative religious Turks and secular, humanist Attaturk adherents. Our understanding of what was going on was greatly augmented by Sam and the young woman who provided concierge/advice/cultural insight and service to guests. They were terrific interpreters of current events as well as excellent and patient advisors about ancient sites, restaurants and shopping.

When we first arrived, the hotel put us in a room that had a moldy odor. We asked to have our room changed and they complied nearly immediately. We were really comfortable in our room, it was quiet (except for noise that travelled from one bathroom to another, but it wasn't bothersome as long as the door was closed), and we were NOT awakened at all hours by loudspeakers from a mosque--a real relief, considering the complaints from guests at other hotels in the old quarter!!

The location was also terrific for its proximity to a main metro line and the easy walking distance to the key sites

The breakfast offered a huge array of choices (although, sadly, not cappuccino) and the tea each afternoon was a delightful plus after a long day out.

I would absolutely recommend the hotel to friends travelling to Istanbul.