“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #4 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very good hotel, incredibly close to everything in old town. Pleasant staff and pretty quiet room. Would stay there again definitely. Really good breakfast which varied each day. Also good for dinner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne-Maree S
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manasquan, New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Sirkeci Konak Hotel for the second time in the past three years! As soon as we walked in, they immediately recognized my mother and I! Honestly from the second you arrive until you leave, you are treated like family! Their staff in amazing! So professional! In addition, the hotel is centrally located, we literally walk every where that we want to go! The rooms are spotless! The food at the restaurant is great! Honestly the hotel exudes customer service and class! You must stay there~

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pucas15-squan
My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

London
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and would have happily have stayed much longer. Everything said before in other reviews is correct. The service, the food in the restaurant and the staff are fantastic. Being very picky my only comment would be that it would be good to have a long mirror in the bedroom in the cupboard would be fine. Never stayed in a hotel where I got a going home present before but a really lovely touch along with the swan towels and a thank you note. I am a very light sleeper and was dreading the Muzzin but to be honest never heard a thing. We did have the windows closed and the air con on. Will definitely return as three and a half days is not enough to do Istanbul justice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fussylady

Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been staying at Sirkeci Konak since April 10th to April 13th and everything was organized perfectly and with passion.

The hotel is located in the historical area of Istanbul and in the morning if you want you can open the window and hear a fair echo of the Muezzin preys (which makes it quite peculiar in Istanbul); Santa Sofia, the blue Mosque, Top Kapi and Gran Bazar were 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

Everything which was promised was kept with full satisfaction from our side, the welcome was warmly and efficiently organized, they gave us a map and a small book with all the major information about Istanbul, gave us the right suggestions on how to organize our staying and helped us in the little needs that we had.

We have eaten a dinner the restaurant and the food was delicious and the value for money for what we have received was great.

Sincere thanks for the contribution in making our staying in Istanbul a perfect holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paolo T

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we stepped on at dawn till the time we left, we were so glad to have chosen Sirkeci Konak! Attention to the smallest details, along with a touch of courtesy and smile in every approach was always present. They made our 8th anniversary more memorable with a lovely cake which my son cut for us! Thank you Sirkeci :)

• Stayed March 2013

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We experienced true hospitality at the Sirkeci Konak. The greeting at the airport was warm and polished. Check-in was exceptional, with a personal greeting and an incredibly helpful and objective introduction to the city, where we were served welcome drinks (including the most delicious hot chocolate my son said he had ever tasted!). Two small but charming interconnecting rooms were ideal for the family, and the fresh flowers, handwritten letter of welcome and Turkish Delight were appreciated. Breakfast was a highlight - honey fresh from the comb, hot and cold choices, and a leisurely 7.00am-11.00am window in which to enjoy it all. The location was perfect - with Gulhane metro immediately outside, and the breathtaking sights of Sultanahmet within an easy stroll. The hotel even has its own hammam, sauna and plunge pool, which was super-relaxing after a day marveling at the surroundings. Thank you Trip Advisor reviewers for such a thoroughly deserved recommendation. The Sirkeci Konak offers a heartwarming welcome to its guests and - for us - beats the international luxury chains by many miles. It is small, comfortable and tasteful and the extent of care taken of the guests was truly magnificent.

• Stayed April 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The ratings on trip advisor were not a disappointment for our family. We got an adjoining room which worked out nicely. The staff were superb and the hospitality is top notch. The location allows you to walk to everything in old town easily and a tram stop is readily available. I would use their hotel airport transport services again as we had a nice size van to get us in and out of the city center. We had an very early morning 6am flight and decided to stay at the Courtyard by Ataturk airport. I did not want to leave this hotel but that departure plan worked out for the best for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WeLoveGoodFoodToo
My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.