Sirkeci Mansion
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
Sumengen Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$83
$78
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
$139
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$253
$245
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
$209
$151
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$88
Travelocity
3,092 results
All reviewsgulhane parktopkapi palaceturkish delightculinary tourtram stopturkish bathblue mosquefree dinnerold cityturkeywithin walking distancethe hotel staffquiet streetguest relationsdeluxe roommajor sitesspice market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Dear all travellers,

As we used to explain, we do know Turkey since 30 years. We just came back from a new stay in Istanbul for the new year's day. It was our around 65th stay in Turkey and our 20th stay in Sirkeci Konak hotel in Istanbul. Honestly, at this step, we can no more exactly account how many times.

This hotel is like our second home. We checked again the such high level quality. It's sure, there are some others charming mansions like this one but we'll never look for an other. Why ?

Because of the following reasons :

- very well located just near by historical area in Istanbul (Sultanahmet) about 5 minutes walking from museums and all the historical places
- not far from the modern and business area whose name is Taksim with such many wonderful restaurants thanks to the tram (about 20 minutes)
- It's around 10 minutes with taxi to go the typical area FATIH (please, have a look)
- exceptional cleanliness (have a look on the restaurant's kitchen)
- very reasonable foods and beveradges prices (one beer : 6 liras)
- well decorated and comfortable rooms
- and above all the such exceptional service : everybody will help you with turkish friendship. That point is probably the main difference regarding others hotels.

If you are looking for a first stay or to go again to Istanbul (we hope so), don't waste your time and stay in Sirkeci Konak. In the case it's full, there are 4 others hotels in the same area (Sirkeci) which belong to the same group among others NEORION (same quality level).

We have no business relationship with this hotel but it's the very best.
We wish you a lovely stay in the Hospitality country, the real one which is coming from heart.
Best Regards
Fabienne & Jean - Pierre from France

Room Tip: Some rooms are perhaps a little small but do we stay the whole day inside ?
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Hakke
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

My dearest guest;

Thank you very much for honoring us with your kind comments and becoming a part of our success. It is very important to hear that you had a pleasing stay at our hotel.

I hope to see you again in Istanbul with us in the Sirkeci Konak Family.

Kind Regards
The Owner of Sirkeci Group

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 3 nights at the simply wonderful Sirkeci Konak Hotel and I can only echo previous posters' comments. It really is almost perfect.

From the wonderfully helpful pre stay email communication to the emotional waving away on departure it is difficult to find fault with this delightful hotel. Indeed, we are busy now planning our return!

Rooms are small but perfect. Everything you could possibly need is there and has been given great consideration. We particularly liked the yummy lokum,(Turkish delight) awaiting us in the room and the lovely local cinnamon soap in the spotlessly clean bathroom, (all the toiletries are a joy to use).

Breakfasts are another high point at the hotel. We love Turkish breakfasts and are quite satisfied with a small buffet if the quality of bread, cheese, fruit, olives and jams are good but the Sirkeci Konak has a very fine spread indeed including daily changing hot dishes, cooked eggs and cold meats. The halloumi and grilled pepper dish on the last morning was particularly noteworthy and my husband loved his veal bacon.

We didn't manage to try the hotel's Imbat restaurant as it was full on the 2 days we wanted to go, (an excellent sign, I'm sure),but we will give it a try next time.

The concierges truly bend over backwards to help and give advice,(when appropriate). I wanted to go to the Pera Palas hotel for afternoon tea which I'd heard was very expensive but a real experience. The concierge agreed it was a worthwhile treat and booked us a lovely table there where we enjoyed a most marvellous and yummy afternoon. (They have a wonderful jazz singer/pianist who is unbelievably in his early 80s and really makes this tea an Istanbul must do!).

The concierge also helped us with pre booking Topkapi etc and avoiding queues.

I am semi disabled and the hotel kindly stored my wheelchair in reception when I wasn't using it and gave little helpful bits of mobility advice from time to time. They also order cabs for you at no extra charge, (cabs are very reasonably prices in Istanbul).

Must also add for the next year or 2 some minor roads are closed just by the hotel for metro construction. This only impacts on cabbies and they just use their ingenuity and use back roads or reverse at speed when you least expect it, quite fun! There is absolutely no construction noise or disruption.

The hotel is well situated right near the tram stop should you require it but tucked just around the corner so you don't hear it. A really perfect arrangement. There's a lovely, reasonably priced jewellery shop across from the hotel,(Ti Amo), which has lovely modern semi precious stone/silver pieces and a gorgeous resident cat which lured me in in the first place....

Do yourself a favour and book this hotel now! As others have already said in these days of anonymous corporates its a real find.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank BuckhurstHillbilly

My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

Faruk Boyacı

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hotel Staff go to every length to make sure guests have an authentic experience. As an example, staff keep a stock of museum passes, trolley tokens, bottled water and handy brochure, calendar and map – hotel publishes it after negotiating small discounts with Mom and Pop restaurants within walking distance of hotel.

Hotel staff conducts wine tastings, cooking classes, guided tours of Religious Sites, Artisan workshops, farmers and wedding markets, and other enriching experiences less frequented by international tourists.

Sirkeci Group owns a couple of Top Ten Trip Advisor Restaurants and hotels (Roof Top Restaurants) where its quests enjoy best seats, priority reservations – hotel manager stopped by our table at restaurant six city blocks from our hotel to inquire about our dining experience. Waiter was visibly shaken and pulled all the stops to ensure we left very satisfied.

Good forecast of great hotel stay is promptness, thoroughness and kindness exhibited when corresponding with potential or reserved hotel guests ahead of arrival. When I shared frustration with Rick Steve’s Istanbul being sold out with Hotel Concierge, he replied that I’d be welcome to using his new copy. Upon arrival, it was one of first things handed to us.

Courtesy private transfer from Airport to hotel exceeded our expectations. Representative in Airport Arrivals Area hauled our luggage over to van driver parked curbside, who in turn stowed our luggage and drove us straight-away to hotel!

Courtesy dinner at hotel was no less spectacular than any other dinner in Istanbul.

Entered hotel room to find large welcome basket loaded with local produce, wine and Turkish delights. Refrigerator Minibar was well stocked and extra bottles of water were restocked on a daily basis.

Advance request for quiet room on high floor was executed flawlessly –hotel located few blocks away from hustle and bustle of old town and museums helps.

Hotel Concierge steered us away from taking ferry to mouth of Black Sea on a weekend to avoid overcrowding by throngs of locals. Thanks to their advice, we had an incredible experience on ferry ride and walk up to Fort for Hill Top view of Black Sea.

Day of departure, Front Desk Staff was very gracious when presenting gifts, wishing us heartfelt safe travels and lining up on front steps to wave farewell to us as Private Airport Transfer departed – very touching if not emotionally over welling for those of us accustomed to Soulless Corporate, Multinational Chain Hotels and their mediocre service and “rewards programs.”

We would have done ourselves a grave disservice, if we’d redeemed rewards points with Chain Hotel for free hotel stay in Istanbul.”

No less comforting was gleaning proprietor’s equitable, fair and empowering approach towards well picked staff.

Look forward to visiting Sirkeci Konak Hotel in near future.

Room Tip: Book on Sirkeci Group Website and pay cash /Euros for discount, courtesy private transfer from Airport and welcome dinner - only bother with booking site if you venture to stay with untrustworthy hotelier! Found email correspondence to be very effective as Hotel Staff follow-up with detailed answers if not solutions to every inquiry or challenge!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hayzeus29

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Sirkeci Konak has the most friendly and attentive staff. As soon as we had opened the hotel entrance door we were greeted, our cases carried and booking-in commenced while, without asking, we were introduced to Mr Ramazan who sat us down with a drink and told us about the hotel, the events going on in the hotel and guidance on the surrounding area. This is what I call good service and so it was throughout our stay. The hotel is centrally located which allowed us to walk to the main attractions of the city including the Blue Mosque, the Aya Sofya and the Grand Bazaar. The two in-house restaurants are excellent, one for fish and one for typical Turkish/European food. We dined at both and were very satisfied. Our standard room, overlooking the almost pedestrian only main street, was comfortable and quiet. Our compliments to all the staff, we were looked after admirably, given gifts and waved farewell We will certainly visit again. Jim and Jenny Palmer

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim-Jenny

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I travel a lot on work and holiday, and I must say this hotel is unparalleled in its level of service. Examples- when you reach the hotel, there is a staff member who gives guests a lot of detail about the hotel and the city, there is a welcome gift of Turkish sweets etc ... They even gave me a souvenir as a new year gift.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Navaneeta
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013