“Best hotel in Istanbul”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #3 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I can compare this hotel to the Sultania, it is just as luxurious but far more impressive in hospitality and value. Delicious adjacent restaurants (you get a complimentary dinner when you stay). The spa and wellness center are superb. Meals are delicious, rooms are very clean and beautiful.

Room Tip: If a better room is available, the hotel lets you know and decide which one you want
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important to me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. Reading your review is a great motivator and lead us to continue with desire and passion.

Hope to see you again! Anything from Istanbul, just let me know.

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,030)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

very clean rooms. bath with water massage. very polite stuff. Excellent sauna always at 95C 50% humidity. Good swimming pool. But ham am is only at 30-35C and with no humidity at all. I did't ask the reasons of that, but for me it was sad. Very good gym. If i would have a chance i definitely pick this hotel again.

1  Thank bitomaxsp

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you are thinking of visiting Istanbul, this is the hotel to choose for my our stay. Their hospitality is unsurpassed. As soon as we arrived, the staff greeted us and asked us if we wanted to go to an orientation brief. We did and this was very helpful as they told us what to see and do while in Istanbul. They then presented us with a brochure of FREE tours the hotel offers to their guests. We took advantage of them, including a FREE cooking class. The only tour we had to pay a minimal fee was the Culinary Tour which was totally worth it. Okay Alkan is the best tour guide, knowledgable and funny!
But now to other things. The rooms at the Sirkeci are spacious and immaculate. Their buffet breakfast is superb and don't get me started on those fabulous stuffed tomatoes!
The hotel is also conveniently located to a tram station where you can easily go to all the major attractions like the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia, and the markets.
All in all, it has been the best experience we've had so far in our travels. We can't wait to go back and we have already recommended this hotel to many of our friends. Stay at the Sirkeci Konak, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: It is located on a quiet street so I don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

One day after I left Istanbul, the hotel sent me email and wishes to see me soon again. Very touchy. So what I could tell from the hotel, friendly personnel, clean, located in quite area but still close to spice bazaar, Sofia, Blue Mosque etc, excellent fish resto, good breakfast, when raining, don't worry, they have sufficient umbrelas. I definetely will go back here again and recommend everyone!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Zu-dritt

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just got back from a 4 day stay at the Sirkeci Konak in Istanbul with wife and child and can't even begin to describe our experience there other than to say it was incredible in every respect.
I travel a lot for business and know the difference between good and great and this place is right up there. It's not the biggest or fanciest or trendiest but its got just the right amount of everything that makes it perfect including location and awesome staff!
The icing on the cake is the welcome note left in the room...written by the owner of the hotel whereby he encourages you to call him with any problems you may have. Needless to say we didn't but I have to admit I was tempted to give him a call at the end of our stay to say thanks for the incredible experience. Oh well...I guess I'll say it now...Thanks Farook!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stelitza

My Dear Guest;

Thank you again. Everyone sends you their regards Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) ,if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

The Owner of Sirkeci Group

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visited Istanbul for the first time in December 2012. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and took advantage of the free transfer option. Despite our flight being significantly delayed the person collecting us was waiting for us, and patiently waited whilst we took money out at the cash machine.

On arrival at the hotel (at 1 in the morning) we were quickly registered so we could go to bed. We had requested on booking a non-smoking room with a park view, and on arrival we were informed we had been given a free upgrade, and on arriving at our room we had a great view across the park! (The 4th floor rooms have the best views)

As it was our first time, we were keen to stay in the centre of town so as to be short walking distance from all the major sights. The Sirkeci is perfectly located - the Blue Mosque, Haya Sofia, the cisterns and Topkapi palace are all within 10 minutes walking distance.

The hotel staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and were keen to offer recommendations and travel tips (how the tram works etc). They also kindly telephoned restaurants for us to make a table booking.

The breakfast was lovely - lots of yoghurt, fresh fruit, dried fruits and nuts. There are also a few computers which you can use for free. We also had free turkish delight in our room - yum!

The wellness center in the basement is also brilliant. On our first day there it poured with rain and we arrived cold and soggy back at the hotel at around 5ish. 10minutes later we were sat in the sauna downstairs getting the feeling back into our toes! A great luxury to have :-)

I can't think of more good things to say about this hotel! It's great for a first time visit to Istanbul (having now seen all the major sights we'd probably stay out of the center).

Slight downsides (if I had to name any):
- The area the hotel is in is very much a tourist central, and most of the good restaurants/bars etc are over the river in Begalou - but the tram is easy and cheap so I definitely recommend you head over there for dinner/drinks (Refik is good!)
- We were sold the museum pass (72TL) by the hotel reception (this makes sense if you're planning on visiting many of them), but one of the attractions that we specifically wanted to visit was closed for refurbishment - of course this isn't the fault of the staff, but we did explicitly mention this attraction at the time of buying and we weren't informed by the staff that it was closed. This was perhaps slightly disappointing, although we probably still got value for money from visiting the others.

In terms of nearby restaurants etc, Faros around the corner is nice for a cup of mint tea. But I cannot recommend Kayicki seafood restaurant (the fish was not at all fresh and I think both my husband and I ended up with seafood poisoning!). If you want seafood, book a table at Eleos well in advance

Room Tip: Request a non-smoking room and a park view. We were lucky enough to be given a free room upgrade to...

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your first stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in the Sirkeci Konak Hotel 2 nights. I enjoyed it very much, clean rooms, good service, front desk is helpful, nice bathrobes. I ordered 2 bathrobes to have the hotel mail it to my home address. I return home and i do not find the bathrobes. After e-mailing the hotel and with their excellent service, they mailed me the bathrobes which made me very happy. The only small thing is that the room is a little on the small side but considering everything else, i can overlook the room. I am looking forward to staying at this hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: I did not have breakfast but their food was good, enjoyed the roof top restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 618Mashael618
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.