“Attention to detail”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #4 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

One day after I left Istanbul, the hotel sent me email and wishes to see me soon again. Very touchy. So what I could tell from the hotel, friendly personnel, clean, located in quite area but still close to spice bazaar, Sofia, Blue Mosque etc, excellent fish resto, good breakfast, when raining, don't worry, they have sufficient umbrelas. I definetely will go back here again and recommend everyone!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Zu-dritt
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Owner of the Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,066)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just got back from a 4 day stay at the Sirkeci Konak in Istanbul with wife and child and can't even begin to describe our experience there other than to say it was incredible in every respect.
I travel a lot for business and know the difference between good and great and this place is right up there. It's not the biggest or fanciest or trendiest but its got just the right amount of everything that makes it perfect including location and awesome staff!
The icing on the cake is the welcome note left in the room...written by the owner of the hotel whereby he encourages you to call him with any problems you may have. Needless to say we didn't but I have to admit I was tempted to give him a call at the end of our stay to say thanks for the incredible experience. Oh well...I guess I'll say it now...Thanks Farook!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stelitza

My Dear Guest;

Thank you again. Everyone sends you their regards Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) ,if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

The Owner of Sirkeci Group

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visited Istanbul for the first time in December 2012. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and took advantage of the free transfer option. Despite our flight being significantly delayed the person collecting us was waiting for us, and patiently waited whilst we took money out at the cash machine.

On arrival at the hotel (at 1 in the morning) we were quickly registered so we could go to bed. We had requested on booking a non-smoking room with a park view, and on arrival we were informed we had been given a free upgrade, and on arriving at our room we had a great view across the park! (The 4th floor rooms have the best views)

As it was our first time, we were keen to stay in the centre of town so as to be short walking distance from all the major sights. The Sirkeci is perfectly located - the Blue Mosque, Haya Sofia, the cisterns and Topkapi palace are all within 10 minutes walking distance.

The hotel staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and were keen to offer recommendations and travel tips (how the tram works etc). They also kindly telephoned restaurants for us to make a table booking.

The breakfast was lovely - lots of yoghurt, fresh fruit, dried fruits and nuts. There are also a few computers which you can use for free. We also had free turkish delight in our room - yum!

The wellness center in the basement is also brilliant. On our first day there it poured with rain and we arrived cold and soggy back at the hotel at around 5ish. 10minutes later we were sat in the sauna downstairs getting the feeling back into our toes! A great luxury to have :-)

I can't think of more good things to say about this hotel! It's great for a first time visit to Istanbul (having now seen all the major sights we'd probably stay out of the center).

Slight downsides (if I had to name any):
- The area the hotel is in is very much a tourist central, and most of the good restaurants/bars etc are over the river in Begalou - but the tram is easy and cheap so I definitely recommend you head over there for dinner/drinks (Refik is good!)
- We were sold the museum pass (72TL) by the hotel reception (this makes sense if you're planning on visiting many of them), but one of the attractions that we specifically wanted to visit was closed for refurbishment - of course this isn't the fault of the staff, but we did explicitly mention this attraction at the time of buying and we weren't informed by the staff that it was closed. This was perhaps slightly disappointing, although we probably still got value for money from visiting the others.

In terms of nearby restaurants etc, Faros around the corner is nice for a cup of mint tea. But I cannot recommend Kayicki seafood restaurant (the fish was not at all fresh and I think both my husband and I ended up with seafood poisoning!). If you want seafood, book a table at Eleos well in advance

Room Tip: Request a non-smoking room and a park view. We were lucky enough to be given a free room upgrade to...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your first stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in the Sirkeci Konak Hotel 2 nights. I enjoyed it very much, clean rooms, good service, front desk is helpful, nice bathrobes. I ordered 2 bathrobes to have the hotel mail it to my home address. I return home and i do not find the bathrobes. After e-mailing the hotel and with their excellent service, they mailed me the bathrobes which made me very happy. The only small thing is that the room is a little on the small side but considering everything else, i can overlook the room. I am looking forward to staying at this hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: I did not have breakfast but their food was good, enjoyed the roof top restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 618Mashael618
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Istambul is a very nice city.....We really enjoyed it!
The attention that we received, by all the hotel employees, was fantastic!
The location is perfect to visit all the most important monument, and it is near to the tram station.
The breakfast is good. You can enjoy some typical Turkish food and European too.
All the advices received by hotel employees has been useful to enjoy the city, restaurants and other activities.
I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Antonello C

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path. We will look forward to seeing you with us in the family again.

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Summary: very well managed hotel, clean and pleasant, but the helpfulness of the staff was well above the call of duty.
pos - very well managed, absolutely clean
pos - very helpful staff, surprisingly helpful.
(eg when my wifi reception was poor because my room was around a corner, one of the staff installed his own extra large antennae on my computer)
pos - wood floors in rooms, very clean
pos - excellent location, near Hagia Sofia
neg - some rooms have inner views, not very enjoyable. Balcony rooms are much nicer, but even they are a bit long and so not as bright as a room with bigger windows would be.
neg - hard for some taxis to work out how to drive into.
stay again: Absolutely

Room Tip: rooms with a balcony are nicer.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank m c

My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The room with the balcony was divine. Loved the touch of having Turkish delight on our pillows. The welcome dinner was a nice touch, and the ravioli-like dish with the yogurt was actually one of my favorite meals in Istanbul. The location was excellent--very close to the major sites.

However, the best part of staying at the Sirkeci Konak was the staff. We stayed there for about a week, and we really felt as if we were friends with the staff. They were super friendly and seemed eager to suggest things we should do during our stay in Istanbul.

There's no way you would regret staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family