“Exceptional Staff in a Well Managed Hotel”
Review of Sirkeci Mansion

Sirkeci Mansion
Ranked #3 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Summary: very well managed hotel, clean and pleasant, but the helpfulness of the staff was well above the call of duty.
pos - very well managed, absolutely clean
pos - very helpful staff, surprisingly helpful.
(eg when my wifi reception was poor because my room was around a corner, one of the staff installed his own extra large antennae on my computer)
pos - wood floors in rooms, very clean
pos - excellent location, near Hagia Sofia
neg - some rooms have inner views, not very enjoyable. Balcony rooms are much nicer, but even they are a bit long and so not as bright as a room with bigger windows would be.
neg - hard for some taxis to work out how to drive into.
stay again: Absolutely

Room Tip: rooms with a balcony are nicer.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank m c
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

My Dear Guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, I would like to thank you for your review about Sirkeci Konak Hotel. Such beautiful comments show that we are in the right path and make us motivated working with a great desire and passion. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best. Everyone sends you their regards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly ( faruk@istanbul.com ) for further suggestions,or if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in our hotel group when you come back.

Owner of the Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,030)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The room with the balcony was divine. Loved the touch of having Turkish delight on our pillows. The welcome dinner was a nice touch, and the ravioli-like dish with the yogurt was actually one of my favorite meals in Istanbul. The location was excellent--very close to the major sites.

However, the best part of staying at the Sirkeci Konak was the staff. We stayed there for about a week, and we really felt as if we were friends with the staff. They were super friendly and seemed eager to suggest things we should do during our stay in Istanbul.

There's no way you would regret staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brooke E

My Dear Guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I made my hotel choice based on the reviews on this website and i guess I made the right one! The staff of the Sirkeci Konak was simply awesome. They were everything one would expect from a 5 star establishment. Upon arrival, they give you an overview of the sights in the area, give some suggestions on how to maximize your short time in the city, and explain the daily activities the hotel offers. They will help you with absolutely everything you might need. The rooms were sparkly clean, furnished just right - the Turkish delight waiting in the side table was a perfect touch. The gym, sauna and pool facility was a nice place to relax after a long day of sightseeing and shopping. Their breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of selections including traditional Turkish fare and typical north american options. Overall, I was pleased with my stay and will definitely stay with them again if I get the chance. My only regret was not staying longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jordan D

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay. I am proud of my staff that they try all their best.

Thank you again. You should come again for a longer stay and let me know that I can help you organizing your trip in Turkey

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Nice hotel with a central and good location in Old Part of Istanbul. Comfortable rooms and courteous staff makes the stay comfortable. Good breakfast layout makes the start of your day in a positive and health manner :).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PranayNigotiya
boyaci, Owner at Sirkeci Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Pros: location, service
Cons: none! it was a lovely lovely stay!
we just got back from an excellent three night stay at the Sirkeci Konak hotel. The price is a super good deal, especially considering the service! We requested the airport transfer which was great--- right off the plane there was somebody there to escort us to a private shuttle. Upon arrival we were greeted with a drink and AMAZING staff. We brought our 6 month old baby and everyone at the hotel, from reception, to restaurant servers (more on the restaurant below), bellhop and housekeeping, was so nice and helpful. We had a very good size room with plenty of space for the crib. Plus the beds were so comfortable and had lots of good pillow options. They supply you with as much bottled water as you need (complimentary) and are very willing to help with whatever else. The small pool, sauna and hamman in the basement make for a nice place to relax after a day out. Breakfast was great, and one of the nights we had dinner at the Neyzade restaurant there at the hotel which was fantastic--- top-notch service and fabulous food. The location of the hotel is excellent--- we were able to walk to almost everywhere (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, palace, cistern, spice market, grand bazaar, ports for ferry boats, etc), and for anything further afield the tram line is right there and super easy to use. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again. We had such a lovely trip! Thanks so much to Sirkeci Konak.

Room Tip: Our room was actually on the street side but aside from one evening when we could hear what must hav...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

My Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and I appreciate your kind comments on Sirkeci Konak. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Do not forget us and please contact us if you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. We will be so happy to see you in Sirkeci Konak Family again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Located on a pedestrian street, this location is a quiet respite in a bustling city. It is step from the tram stop, so you can get anywhere you need to. The hotel will even loan you a transit card to use during your stay (just pay a small deposit and fill with a few lira) The staff was incredibly accommodating. Breakfast is generous and varied. Wifi works well.

Room Tip: The first floor is smoking rooms, so if you want non-smoking get a higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This family run hotel is ideally located in the heart of Istanbul within easy walk of all the main sights and attractions. The hotel staff are exceptionally attentive, the rooms comfortable and well appointed, breakfast and dining a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The guided tour offered by the hotel is well worth the half day, taking you to some of the more unusual sights within the old part of the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

My Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and appreciate your kind comments.