“Centrally located, stylish hotel”
Review of Lush Hotel

Lush Hotel
Ranked #451 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights to a "Superior" class room, as I have seen from other reviews that normal rooms are rather small.
The room was spacious with a really big bed, nice furniture and a design touch. The shower was small, but OK.
The hotel is very near Taksim square and the staff was friendly and helpful. The neighborhood is rather noisy, but you are in the city very center after all.
Breakfast could be better, but is the average one expects from such places.
Given the low season price we paid, it was a very good choice.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lush Hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2009

We checked out quite a few places on trip advisor before we left and this seemed to match our needs perfectly. We were a group of five 25-30 something year olds visiting from Dubai for a long weekend.

Staff let us look at a couple of rooms for those of us sharing and did not trouble that we were too early for the official check in. Rooms were modern and clean, all decorated in different styles.We had room 101 facing the back which is better than the street facing rooms. Jacuzzi bath and shower, comfy robes, big bed and plenty of storage space. Olny let down is the lack on lighting coordination in the room - you have to get out of bed to turn the light on, and the fact that our room didn't have a full length mirror.

There is also a spa and sauna on the top floor which was nice after a day pounding the streets in the rain. Breakfast was quite poor - probably the most disappointing thing, but its enough to keep you going and there are lots of cafes close by. I wouldn't bother to eat there for dinner though, there are loads of great spots in Istanbul.

Hotel location is perfect right near Taksim Square where the buses and tram are, and parallel to the main nighlife area. We went to 360 for dinner (excellent - would recommend) and the staff at the hotel confirmed our reservation for us. We had no problem with the staff like other reviewers on here.

This hotel is good value for money especially when I compare it to my stays in Italy which were double the price. Everyone was pleased with the hotel in our group, which is quite an achievement as we are all very different. If you like chain hotels and all the mod cons that go with it you won't like this place, but if you want something a bit more personal and funky, you will love it. Would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Hidden gem!
If you like trendy boutique style for rather affordable price, Lush is one of the best I've stayed at worldwide. Top marks for the modern lofty boutique-hotel in the center of the action of Istanbul!
Rooms: Very high-cielings, large room, quality hardwood floors, exposed brick walls, large modern high-end bathroom, enormous bed, giant plasma TV with many channels. Well soundproofed and powerful air-conditioning. I would select this as a studio apartment over my current apartment, if it had a corner kitchen! Very nice.
Location: Near the pedestrianed shopping streets near Taksim Square. Thousands of shops, restaurants, bars and great transportation. (Metro stop on the square. Buses and taxis to everywhere. Havas buses to the airport depart from the other side of Taksim square, a short 5-10min walk.)
Staff: Professional and attractive. Gave us advice on nightlife. (and what a suprisingly good city for nightlife!)
Breakfast: Good breakfast until late morning.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Lush has the potential to be a great hotel in every city guide. As it is, it's good and I have been back already.

The location is very good for shopping and nightlife, and also for walking tours of the city. The building is just the sort of building that should be converted into a hotel - quirky, characterful, historic. You have a real sense of arrival in Istanbul with just enough feel of indulgence. The rooms are a great eclectic mix of furniture and objects: I hope they continue to add to the rooms and keep building on the experience and upgrade some of the cheaper items (beds? comfy, but just a bit 'new' to the eye?). Taksim is a busy place and the original windows don't keep out all the sounds of the city - but that's part of the price of a building like this.

I found the staff charming and helpful - they remembered me 6 months later and gave me the room I'd had before.

The restaurant is a fantastic space and could be a real fixture on the circuit: however my food experiences there have been disappointing: the breakfast is poor to be honest - expectations are high in a hotel of this position and it's this aspect that let's the place down: but remember - I have been back since: so I have forgiven Lush because I enjoyed everything else so much. Also - in the evening - one of Istanbul's finest restaurants (Changa) is on the other side of the street.

I'm sure I'll be back again: I want to see good evolve into great.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I can say it has been one of the best experience I had; there is indeed not a single point to complain. The Hotel is a boutique one which is nicely decorated and the rooms especially decorated in different styles. I had the chance to experience two different rooms, "112" which was very romantic and "301" a comfortable and elegant one. İt is only 1 minute away from the Taksim Square which is a plus. The meal was real delicious. We had the chance to listen Paul Dwyer live in the evening at the Lush Restaurant which was an amazing experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They did not put us in hurry to c heck out at 12:00 exactly, we checked out at 13:00 and that was no problem. In that case having red the reviews telling that late c.out caused problems, I am really surprised because; every single travelling person knows that there is fact called "c.out time" and if there is something extraordinary you ask the reception and if there is availability they let you c.out a bit late..but this time shouldnt be extended for hours and missuse the sypmathy of the Hotel..otherwise this would be arrogance I believe..I certainly recomend this Hotel for the people who have real taste..

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Simlatrk
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I only stayed one night on business, but I found my stay pleasant and problem free. Due to the fantastic location and stylish boutique nature of the hotel I would definitely recommend to friends and colleagues. I also found staff to be helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 25, 2008

Well everything look at the first moment right....but as soon you need some help maybe just some basic information nobody cares...Nobody really know or want to know! For exemple if you ask if it's possible to get a bus to the airport : answer: yes
where is the bus stop? answer: Taksim. Do you have a time table? Answer: no. Could you please check on the intenet Answer yes. 5 minutes later:Every hour there is one. etc etc...... Check in :about 2 minutes check out a bit more and when you said that you have taken from the minibar 2 cocas they look at straight in your face and said one moment I go to check!!!!! You think you're in a bad movie but much better when they tell you: You allready payed your stay when you arrived????? and notice that they charge your credit card 10 minutes before you went in your room. When you complain the answer in a very arrogant way is: When you arrived I asked if you'll pay with the credit card you gave at the reservation and your answer was: " probably". They cannot even give you a receipt because the accounts department open at 9:30! and you leave at 8:00(But this is your problem!)
The receptionist was incredibly impolite rude and arrogant! We left the Hotel when we said Goodbye No answer nobody ask us at any moment if we had a pleasant stay or wish us a nice trip back THEY JUST DON'T CARE! THE ONLY ONE THING IS: MAKE MONNEY!
About the restaurant: Nobody Empty room for lunch or dinner. We tried once but only once ! result: We had to wait 45minutes for to sandwiches and a salat! and prices are very expensive. The food wasn't good! This Hotel is a shame we also try to contact the manager but that is impossible He probably don't care as soon he has the money your monney! A SHAME

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple