“First time out of my Country”

Tria Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #391 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
egypt
“First time out of my Country”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My name is Naglaa Samir, 33 years old
I'm a free licened tour guide, i live in Cairo/ Egypt, i'm working as a tour guide for 12 years so i have good experience in tourism and travelling as i arrange tours and book at hotels for my guests. I love travelling a lot and my job gives me an apportunity to go arround and visit different places and see all attractions in Egypt. Egypt is very big Country full of history and different sites ! i travelled a lot with my guests to the deserts for safari trips, went to the red sea and Sinai for snorkeling, and to Luxor and Aswan by Nile cruise,........etc
I love my Country and didn't think about going outside before !!
But on last October my husband needed to go to Turkey/Istanpul for business and asked me to go with him. It was my first time to travel abroad so i left my kids with my mother because they are very small and we will go for business with no time for fun.
I booked for our hotel by searching through internet, i was looking for cheap hotel in good and safe area and near the attractions. Also i was looking for the sea view cause i love it.
Tria hotel is very good, clean and in a touristic area which is safe and not far from the tram station
Service is very good, people are so friendly and kind. The area is called "Sultan Ahmed" which is so famous by Sultan Ahmed mosque, this mosque is bretty, you should go there, it's simillar to Mohamed Ali mosque which is located inside the Citadel in Cairo/Egypt.
Although it was very terrible for me to travel out of my Country for the first time and not feeling good cause i didn't bring my kids but really i was happy by that hotel and people there. The hotel is small but everything is clean, walking arround was so safe and food was very nice as well. I felt comfortable like i stay at my home Country and I didn't feel alone at all !
Istanpul is so cute and we enjoyed our trip specially the boat which we took for two hours in the sea and loved the birds there.
My husband went to Istanpul two times with his friends after our trip and he liked to stay at the same hotel and his friends liked it as well.
Hope you have a nice trip and try staying at that hotel. please feel free to contact me if you need any help or have any question.
With all my best wishes to you

Email:
naglaa-samir@hotmail.com

Website: Egypt trip

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Egypttour-guide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 25, 2012

It is difficult for me to write a good review for this Hotel because I stayed there twice and had two totally different experiences. The second time I stayed there, I had a great room with with a wonderful view of the Sea of Marmara. The staff was very friendly and the breakfasts were great. There is also a great rooftop terrace with beautiful views of the sea, the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The location of this hotel is great since it is located within walking distance of almost everything we wanted to see. We could walk to the grand bazaar, the spice market, the Blue Mosque, etc. There were also many fine restaurants in the area.

The first time we stayed there, on the other hand, we got a "standard" room and it was tiny with a view of the backs of some other buildings and chimneys - more like a cell. Though it was clean, it was tiny and dark.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone but be sure and get a good room. I must also say that the staff was wonderful. When we left a wallet full of credit cards, driver's license, etc. they found it and sent it to us. They didn't even charge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kondan
Reviewed April 20, 2012

From picking us up at the airport to meeting the chef at dinner - our stay at this hotel could not have been better! This was my first time in Istanbul and I can't wait to come back and stay at this hotel - an amazing and helpful staff! Great breakfast too!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Dianespence
Gold Coast Queensland Aust
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The staff could not have been kinder or more helpful. The Hotel is immaculately clean and in a great location. our standard room on the ground floor was small with no outlook (at the price we paid through an on-line retailer it was to be expected). However, as we were there for a few nights we upgraded at little expense to a lovely large room with 2 large windows with views of the ocean. Hotel is very quiet with no street noise and comfortable beds. One of our party was ill and the staff went out of their way to care for us.
roof terrace was closed but staff encouraged us to go up there and have coffee. view amazing!

Room Tip: avoid standard rooms on the 1st floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Fantastic location within walking distance of all of the major sights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room on the fourth floor was clean, comfortable and modern. The breakfast offered was exceptional. I would stay here again. My wife and I loved it. We booked another room for some friends and they too said it was one of the best hotels they've stayed in recently.

Room Tip: The rooms on the fourth floor were great and had a nice view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ted G
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

A small room with no view, but at the price we paid it was to be expected. However, we were there very little so it didn't matter. It was quiet, there is little traffic in this street, and very comfortable with pleasant decor. The shower was great. The roof terrace was closed , but I did go up to sit once or twice to look at the view and in the summer I'm sure it will be lovely. The breakfasts were excellent with a wide variety of fresh food. The staff are very friendly and helpful from the desk personnel to the waiters and cleaners. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and would be happy to return.Great location, of course, for museums and famous sights.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jill616161
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great location within walking distance of Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. The hotel is very comfortable and clean and the breakfast was good. The staff are excellent and this is what makes the hotel stand out. Their helpful, friendly attitude was fantastic and ensured that we had a wonderful trip to Istanbul. Thank you to all of the staff

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple