All reviewscall to prayerblue mosqueturkeyclean bathroombusy citycozy hoteltop floorno liftbudget hoteltopkapi palacewalking distancetram stopa wonderful staynice breakfastmain attractionssultanahmetmuslim
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We found this hotel from the Rick Steves book, which got us a 15% discount. The hotel was clean, and the location was great. The Blue Mosque was right across the street, so we heard the call to prayer early each morning (which might bother some people, but we enjoyed it). Free wifi in the room, and breakfast was included.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenh985
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We'd never been to Istanbul so we lucked out by finding what turned out to be the perfect hotel! Hotel Sultan HIll is perfectly located. It sits on a quiet, picturesque street, but is just a few minutes walk to the Hippodrome, the heart of Sultanahmet. There are so many things to see right there: the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, the Underground Cistern, the archaeological museum, Topkapi, not to mention the park itself. And from there you can hop one of the ubiquitous trams that will whisk you to any other part of the city you want.

Aside from the location, the hotel itself is a jewel. Pristine clean, a fabulous breakfast in the atrium, and a rooftop terrace with a view of the Blue Mosque (especially at night) that will simply take your breath away. The proprietors are so nice and accommodating. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Istanbul!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melinda333
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I believe I found out about this hotel from a Rick Steves review; it did not disappoint! I was only booked for a 3 day stay at the hotel, however, due to the Icelandic volcano that shut European air traffic down, my trip was extended to approximately 2 weeks. The hotel staff was so incredibly accomodating and made room for my prolonged stay.

The location was within walking distance to all of the major sights. Breakfast was delicious, and included in the room rate (along with wireless internet included). My absolute favorite part of the hotel was the amazing views from the rooftop. It overlooked the beautiful Sea of Marmara and the Blue Mosque. The scene was so beautiful, it was surreal for me.

I would definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Erin L
Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you are a crybaby about room size, don't come here; in fact, don't bother traveling if you are a whiner about that kind of thing. Stay home. This place has LOCATION and coolness.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Docwahoo
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights and it was very nice. Rooms are quite small and we did have to keep our suitcases on the desk as not enough space otherwise. Breakfast is lovely & the local cheese is delicious. The location is very central, i.e. close to blue mosque but that does mean you get woken up in the middle of the night due to the mosque call to prayer. Price is normal for that area and service is good. Area by my bed was quite dusty but nothing too drastic. the only other complaint is when we left after breakfast on day one- the smell of the onions being cooked was very sickly ! Nice place if you want to be close to old town.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends