Asmali Hotel
  • Pool
$118
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$54
Priceline
$122
$117
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Booked 2 nights over the Internet. Not bad, just inferior to the other 2 hotels where I later stayed in Istanbul (Sebnem & Dara). It was maybe $25 cheaper than the others, but the other two were worth $50 more IMO. Our room faced a brick wall & so was dark & gloomy. I guess we didn't interact with the staff enough to have any particular feeling except that they were doing their jobs but not knocking themselves out to be helpful (unlike the other 2 hotels I just mentioned). It was kind of hard to find this particular location although it is close to major attractions. I get lost all the time & in 2 days barely got the hang of where this street was.

Room Tip: I'd want a sunnier room not facing a brick wall.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tolarjev
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great hotel with more greatest stuff! I felt sick for a few times (food poisoning) while our stay in Istanbul, and the hotel workers even give some pills and make some beverage for me (it was to normalize my stomach, i think). Every one knows about my poisoning (thanks my mom), and all the hotel staff were taking care of me. That all was very nice and I'm still very grateful about that all. In addition to the service I loved the breakfasts and location was great too. I did really enjoyed that stay in Istanbul!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Senja_Kol
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed in a doudle room for 6 nights but for the first night we forced to stay in a smelly basement room due to maintance works on the hydraulic system of the room we had booked (as the receptioned mentioned to us). It is a hotel that needs another refurbisment right now although it has gone through that in 2007 (as they claim). Photos on internet site that advertise the hotel do not meet your expectations when you actually visit the hotel.
Poor breakfast, small roof terrace with no sunshades and flowers, badly-preserved hotel with no elavator and without soundproof consist the main drawbacks of Asmali hotel. There is no restaurant and bar as well. I found expired coffee sticks in my room, broken chair, broken electrical plug-ins. Also, It is not recommended for elderly people.
On the other hand it has a great location, near to the main sight-seeings, but difficult to find it.
Overall, you can find better hotels at the area of Sultanahmet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YiorgosFinn
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had a bit of a difficult time finding our hotel, but once we did everything was great. We stayed in the basement room which was fine. The bed wasn't terribly comfortable, but it wasn't awful either. The complimentary daily breakfast was pretty good, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is walking distance to many sights in Sultanahment as well as public transportation to get to other parts of Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Asmali_Konak_mgr, Front Office Manager at Asmali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. Our hotel is at the heart of the Old City, literally a stone's throw from Ayasofya, the Blue Mosque and the Hippodrome. We would like to see you again as our guest, Best wishes, Ufuk Ozkan

Reviewed July 24, 2011

we booked through last minute where the hotel was described as having a bar with a good range of beers/wines and a rooftop restaurant.
It has neither.
It serves a buffet breakfast, and has a small rooftop terrace which you can walk up to with 4 tables and chairs.
The buffet breakfast is fine, so are the rooms and the staff
it's just misrepresented.