Med Cezir Hotel
$217
$208
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$208
$187
$147
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
Divan City Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
  • Restaurant
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$693
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationhagia sophia and blue mosquecall to prayerclean roomsmajor sightsgrand bazaarhome away from homewonderful hotelsmall hotelsultanahmet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We have been very well welcomed! The personal were so nice, available for us, and funny. The room was very clean all days, and price very honest. There is a beautiful little restaurant on the ground floor. And above all, a marvelous terrace on the top of the hotel with a wonderfull view of Sainte Sophie and the Blue mosquée. It was a very good journey! Thank you to the Med Cezir Hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guillaumeboucharlat
medcezir, Manager at Med Cezir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Dear Guests,
thanks a lot. it was nice to meet you and we hope to see you again .

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Starting with a warm welcome upon my early morning arrival, my four night's stay at Med Cezir was more like staying with relatives than at a hotel. The hotel is on the smallish side, I believe nine rooms total. I had reserved a single bedroom with shared bathroom (room 7). Room was of perfect size, very clean, with a newish air-conditioner unit that was whisper quiet. Access to the bathroom was never an issue. The hotel has an excellent attached restaurant with a Turkish breakfast being included in the basic room rate. The restaurant was also popular with non-hotel guests, a testament to its quality. Med Cezir is located in the heart of Sultanahmet, a short walk from just about every tourist attraction as well as easy access to the T1 tramline and other parts of the city. One negative for some travelers may be the lack of a lift. My room was on the uppermost floor with the last staircase being a narrow spiral. If that accessibility is an issue for you, I suggest booking a room on a lower floor. Med Cezir's online booking system has you select the actual room in which you will stay, I believe that 7, 8 and 9 were the top floor rooms. Turkish Airlines had managed to misplace my checked bag throughout my entire stay in Istanbul, never catching up with me until after I arrived at my next destination (London). I arrived at Med Cezir with literally just the clothes on my back along with my notebook computer. The hotel staff was unbelievably helpful getting me "settled", helping pursue the missing bag with the airline, suggesting places to shop, etc. One staffer even asked if I wanted to borrow some clothes! As I said, more like staying with family than at a hotel!!

Room Tip: Online booking system allows one to pick their exact room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

thanks a lot for your nice words. thats why we say ' come here as a guest ,leave us as a friend'. we would like to see you again in our hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2011

The hotel is very cosy. The staff is very kind and friendly. They can give you everything you need for your first time visit at Istanbul /directions, maps, information/. The hotel's kitchen is superb. Tasty, big portions and its cheap. The hygiene is perfect. When I visit Istanbul again ... Med Cezir will be my hotel. The rooms are clean and have everything you need.

Room Tip: 2-bed rooms are very good.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

thanks for your really nice words. we had really good time with you. and you are not so far away from your home in stanbul. just take a bus coming back to our hotel and you will be here in 3 hours.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Merhaba! By the end of our week in Istanbul, we were very sad to leave our new friends at the Med Cezir. It is a small, relaxed hotel with very friendly, responsive staff, and the owners are at hand most of the time. Everyone speaks English, but they are happy to encourage one's efforts at Turkish, too. We stayed in Room 6, a lovely room overlooking the quiet street, steps away from Hagia Sophia. (The bed was firmer than I would wish, but found that to be the case in all the Turkish hotels.) Every morning we sat out front, pet the dog, and had a typical Turkish breakfast--simit, boiled egg, tomatoes and cucumbers, bread, sausage, and fruit, coffee or tea--before walking over to the tram to explore the city. We had dinner there our last night: it was fine, nothing gourmet, and the service was great, as usual. We usually ended our day with raki at the outside tables.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

you are still our friends and we really would like to see our friends again. thanks a lot my friends for your nice words.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

We had a great stay at the Med Cezir Hotel. It's located in the heart of the old part of Istanbul, and the view from the terrace is absolutely breathtaking. The staff were fun, friendly, and always willing to point us in the right direction. While the rooms were pretty standard, they were clean and you absolutely can't beat the price. I would recommend this place to any of my friends visiting the city.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
medcezir, General Manager at Med Cezir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

We thank you very much for your review. We hope to see and host you again in our lovley hotel .warm regards