“luxury ...”

Ranked #90 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Beirut, Lebanon
“luxury ...”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Room: PROs: we had a small room (301) which was very new and clean, we had fruits the first day, mini bar at reasonable prices, hair dryer, fresh good smelling bedsheets and towels, soaps, A/C that worked, the window was directed towards a tiny backyard (so the room was quite dark, but not bad considering you are outside the whole day); staff was very helpful, breakfast very good, all in all great value for the price! I have nothing to complain about as you cannot do better for that price. CONs: Staff: Our keycard did not work and needed to be reprogrammed. The receptionist immediately reprogrammed it without having asked an ID from us. The hotel is situated downhill, which means you need to walk uphill for about 350m. If you are young this should not be a problem, but if you have trouble walking I would not stay there. The area is safer than it seems or looks like. You will walk along some streets that are full of rubbish, traffic and dirt. Just ignore it - this is Istanbul and the area seemed safe.Breakfast was very good - maybe the hotel can invest into some proper coffee. This is unfortunate as Turkey offers the best coffees. However, staff was helpful and very kind. I had a coffee at the next coffee store after breakfast. I had a wonderful sleep there though. Spa: I think the hotel described a Spa when I booked it, unfortunately it was broken and we did not even bother seeing it. WIFI: Wifi was also offered, but never really worked. Still for that price I cannot complain. Wifi hotspots are all around the city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gallahad2014
ATİLLA I, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Skalion Hotel&Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2016
Dear Gallahad,
I am very glad to receive your positive impressions that help us to keep and develop our services. Your comfort at Skalion Hotel is very important for us and we will be carrying on and improving giving you the best service and facilities in your future visits.
We as Skalion family will be waiting for your visit again when you come back to Istanbul.
Thank you again for your honest feedback.
Hope to see you soon.

Best regards,
Guest Relations Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We booked the hotel for 4 nights (at 170€) and it is only a short walk (up hill) to the Grand Bazaar and tram station that brings you anywhere in the city for just 3TL.

Room:

CONs:
Staff: Our keycard did not work and needed to be reprogrammed. The receptionist immediately reprogrammed it without having asked an ID from us. Same thing happened when it did not work on the day of our departure: The cleaning lady opened the door with the master key. So better make use of the safe or lock in your stuff in the luggage). However, I do not think things are stolen there, but I am always careful.
Location: The hotel is situated downhill, which means you need to walk uphill for about 350m. If you are young this should not be a problem, but if you have trouble walking I would not stay there.
Breakfast/Coffee: Breakfast was very good - maybe the hotel can invest into some proper coffee. This is unfortunate as Turkey offers the best coffees. However, staff was helpful and very kind. I had a coffee at the next coffee store after breakfast.
Beds: We had a Queen size bed. My partner did not sleep so well because of the pillows and mattress. I had a wonderful sleep there though.

Room Tip: not 301, it goes to the backyard, ask for a front room that overlooks the street
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jana1707
Dear Jana,
I really appreciate you have preferred Skalion Hotel for your stay in Istanbul. Your precious reviews will make us stronger as a team, not only to maintain also make further improvements of our quality and service.

It has pleasure to greet you at Skalion Hotel. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, giving you the best quality and service. I hope that you would visit and stay at Skalion Hotel each time you visit Istanbul.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any arrangements you need on your next stay.
We hope to see you very soon at Skalion Hotel.

Best Regards