Novotel Istanbul Zeytinburnu
Agoda.com
$503
$366
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshuttle bussea viewclose to the airportwifi internetexecutive roomataturk airportold cityshort stayswimming poolturkish airlinesnice hotelenjoyed my staybreakfast buffetmini barhotel restaurantbusiness hotelturkey
Reviewed January 7, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the Novotel Istanbul on two separate Sunday evenings, one week apart, in late-2012. On both occasions, it was to catch an early-morning flight at Atatürk Int'l. Airport the next day. The airport is only about ten minutes away, and the quick run by taxi will cost you about $15 USD or 25 Turkish lira. Although this hotel is not AT the airport, they definitely know their niche, and the front desk and bell staff are well acquainted with quick check-in and check-out to help travelers get some sleep before darting out the next day. I found the staff to be efficient and friendly. Currency exchange is available. English is well-spoken.

I used the Accor website to make my reservation. My guest room was quite nice. While not overly large, it was large enough, very modern in appearance, and clean. I had everything I needed. The bathroom fixtures are a little unusual but very functional. There was plenty of hot water for the shower, and everything worked. The internet connection was also quite good. My bed was comfortable, the room quiet, and I slept well.

The view out the front of the hotel is of the Sea of Marmara, and so if you like to look at anchored ships, you will like this view. The sea is directly across the road from the hotel. Right next door is an ibis hotel (also an Accor brand), so I guess you would have one more restaurant choice within walking distance, because there is nothing else nearby in the way of food venues that I would say is convenient.

As many have said, that is the main thing to remember about this hotel -- its location is somewhat isolated from anything else in Istanbul that a traveler would want to see. It is a considerable distance to the Sultanahmet district from here, and over to the Taksim Square area as well. So, I honestly could not suggest this hotel as a base for your Istanbul sightseeing, and it was not mine. (I stayed at a different hotel in the historic district for five nights). However, this hotel IS convenient to Atatürk Int'l. Airport and to the Yenikapi ferry terminal, if you use the fast ferry across the Sea of Marmara to / from Bandirma, as I did.

I used the Novotel's luggage storage service for the week in between my visits, and this worked very well. Printing airline boarding passes at the business center was fairly convenient. I never had a chance to use their breakfast buffet, as both times my early-morning check-out and departure by taxi came before the buffet opened. The "very" early offering of bread, juice and coffee was a nice gesture, but not very satisfying.

I did dine at the Novotel restaurant on both stays. I felt the quality of the food was decent -- maybe slightly better than the typical "airport" hotel fare. However, the dinner menu is somewhat limited. The bar area is attractive, but it was not very "active" either time I was there.

In summary, if you come here to get some rest and refreshment as you are passing through Istanbul, then this hotel should suit you well. As an "airport layover" hotel, I would rate it fairly highly.

Room Tip: Tell them if you want a view of the Sea of Marmara. There are plenty of rooms facing the sea, so it shouldn't be a problem, if you request that in advance.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

You can pretty much count on the Novotel anywhere to provide a pretty standard quality of service, although this one is a little nicer than most I have stayed at in Europe. Everyone speaks English and check in is quick and painless, the staff are all helpful and nice. The rooms are spacious and have what you need. The bar is nice (although a little spendy) and the room service is good.

The location is not amazing for anything other than a place to stay for a one night layover, but some of the rooms have sea views. If you’re driving yourself there from the airport you need to really map out the u- turn you will need to perform on the way as you have to drive past it a bit and exit, do a figure 8 turn over a bridge (and the signs are not clear) to get back in the right direction so you can enter the hotel.

Over all its clean, comfortable and friendly, nothing special but certainly a good choice for a layover.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Do you want to see lots of smiling faces? Then this place would be the perfect pick for your accommodation.

It was the most significant property of this hotel: cheerful personnel everywhere. From reception to housekeeping, everyone was so gentle, kind, helpful and smiling all the time. Whenever I approached to the reception, I waited fifteen seconds at most.

We had a two day training in one of the meeting halls. Therefore, I spent two days and a night at the hotel. All meals I had were terrific. Even the Cesar salad I ordered to my room was very delicious. The buns and bakery products they served by meals and at the breakfast were all fresh, probably baked a few hours ago from the meal time.

Meeting hall was very well designed and lit. Refreshments were adequate and varied.

My room was clean and spacious and the air conditioning was working just as how I set it to work (unlike many hotels I stayed before).

Also, both wireless and wired internet connection were complimentary in my room and I had no latency problems with it while I watched a TV serial on my computer.

I would recommend this hotel to all my friends, whether for business or leisure.

Room Tip: They claim that all their rooms have a sea view. Mine had it, but I don't know the others.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bluesman80
Ahmet Y, Yönetici at Novotel Istanbul Zeytinburnu, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Novotel Istanbul.

We are honored to note your satisfaction with our services and it is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.

We look forward welcoming you back in Novotel Istanbul in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,

Ahmet Yavuz
Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed on our first night in Istanbul. We had a late flight in and so booked the hotel because of its proximity to the airport. When we arrived (tired and ready for a bed) we stood at the front counter for nearly 10 minutes (felt longer) before we were served. Admittedly the receptionist was serving a disgruntled guy and had her own dramas, however we must have been passed by at least 3 other staff members, and we felt basically invisible.
Once we had checked in, the room was exactly as you'd expect, clean, modern, with a lovely view of the sea. It's a big hotel so tends to feel quite sterile, and don't even think about using the minibar 15TL for a San pelegrino water! The shuttle service to the city is good, but actually essential as the hotel is kinda in the middle of nowhere.
Not a bad hotel, but not somewhere you would want to spend your entire time in Istanbul.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sideprojectwines
ayavuz, Manager at Novotel Istanbul Zeytinburnu, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Istanbul. At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We are sorry to hear that we were not able to demonstrate usual Novotel standards at your check in. Your recent experience was not the true reflection of our services. You may rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to prevent future occurrence of the problem.

We would like to inform you that a careful market research is being conducted periodically for our product prices and our pricing is competitive with the other international chain hotels in our region.

Yours sincerely,