Adora Hotel
$118
$110
$167
  • Pool
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosqueexcellent locationwalking distancegrand bazaarspice marketvisit istanbultramreceptionistcisterntouristtaksim
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel last week while in Istanbul. The location is in walking distance to the major attractions. The service was okay but our room was tiny. There was no area to open your luggage except on the bed. The room locks are similar to passage locks. We had to call for someone to get the air and TV to work. There is no room in the bath for your toiletries. The only good food I found at breakfast was the bread and an apple. The rooms are high in Istanbul and I guess I learned you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed there for 3 days in april, and got to say, can't fault it.

Firstly, the staff are soooo nice. Thanks to all of them so much for telling us where everything is, giving us advice and just being down right friendly and helpful. On the first day we got there, i was stuck for stuff to do, where everything is. The manager got a map out, drew all over it, showed me what was hot and not and told me where to avoid expensive meals or silly shopping places. That day we did it all.

Secondly the rooms are fine, clean and so comfortable bed. We had great nights rest and there was no noise considering it was Istanbul. I was expecting loads of clubbing and traffic, but it was fine. We slept soundly. Great shower by the way, really clean toilets, and the water pressure is brilliant.

Third, the location is just what anyone can ask for. 5 mins from Hagia sophia, Blue mosque, and Topkapi palce. Its all round the corner literally round the corner. You can wake up early and dodge the lines within 10 mins. Bosphoros is like 15 away down a straight road, and the grand bazaar is within walking distance and easy to find. Its just what anyone can ask for.

Great staff, perfect location, great nights sleep and great breakfast too.

Im coming again no doubt. Thanks all at adora hotel. and the complimentary turkish delight was wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hasan e
Reviewed March 30, 2013

From the Atatürk airport I took the Metro to Zeytinburnu, where I easily changed to the tramline as I learnt on http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/go/Istanbul/Transport/airport_trans.html. Getting off the tram at Gulhane I followed the tram around the corner to the first little alley on the left and looking up the alley I saw Adora Hotel on the left hand side maybe 20 meters away. The journey from the airport had taken about an hour but it had only cost me 6 TRY or Turkish lira (0,85 euro) for 2 jetons (tokens) I bought at Havalimani, the airport metrostation.

The location of the hotel is perfect one tram stop to Hagia Sophia and Topkapi and another to Grand Bazaar. Turning left when leaving the hotel and first right takes you to a street with a variety of restaurants.

The hotel rooms are nicely decorated and provide comfortable beds with reading lamps, a proper clothes-cupboard with built in safe, television, a writing table and chair. The en-suite bathroom comes with a fair sized shower cabin, proper cotton towels, hair drier, an assortment of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. The rooms are also equipped with windows that minimize the noise from the trams. Above all the rooms are clean!
The breakfast was quite substantial with hot and cold food like eggs, yoghurts, muesli, corn flakes, juices, coffee, tea, bread, butter, honey, jam…………………………… - the kind of breakfast that can last you the whole day.

I did enjoy the friendly and service minded staff that always took the time to say a few words when you were coming or leaving. My booking was set in euro but was to be paid in TRY and when I paid up at the end of my stay the receptionist took the time to show and explain what he was doing and made sure I had understood the transaction.

I do recommend Adora Hotel for a city break for its room standard, its hearty breakfast, its location and last but not least for its charming and service minded staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank __Joh__Ye
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a friendly welcoming place. It was easy to check in and there was free WiFi. The room was relatively small but had everything that I needed. I was happy with my stay and would stay again.

There were a lot of other small hotels and restaurants in this area. It was only a short walk from the shuttle drop off and pick up the following morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have just returned from a great trip to Istanbul and the hotel was very good. It has an excellent location very close to the tram and all the monuments in the old city are within a few minutes walk. The room was very clean, however it's a bit small, but no complaint for the price paid which was very reasonable compared to other hotels with the same standard! The room has also a flat screen and satellite receiver with plenty of channels.
The hotel staff, especially Burhan and the other man who helps in breakfast are great ! The latter even helped us with our luggage. Burhan was always available to give advices and tips for sightseeing.
Thanks a lot for everything and looking forward to come back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple