“Nice, small hotel in a great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of SV Boutique Hotel

Ranked #467 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Los Angeles, California
“Nice, small hotel in a great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here based on reviews from Trip Advisor. I found all of the reviews accurate. This was a very nice small intimate boutique hotel. The room was nice, clean and serviced well. The bathroom was modern, with nice soaps and amenities. The expanded (fruit, hard-boiled eggs, cereal) European style breakfast was self serve with very attentive/friendly staff to clean up and assist.

I really loved the service in this hotel! One day I forgot my iPhone in my room and was terrified that room service would take the phone. I rushed back to the hotel only to find my phone, neatly placed by the side of my bed. I was relieved and appreciative of the honesty in Istanbul and this hotel.

The location is great, only blocks from Taskim Square. It is close to great shopping and public transportation on a nice pedestrian street with markets, restaurants, currency exchange and ATM's. The hotel is very near the construction at Taskim Square and locally, but I didn't find this a problem. The only issue was opening the hotel room window which let in the early morning construction noise, but it was easy enough to keep the window closed which eliminated the problem. I walked around the neighborhood at all hours of the day and night and felt very safe in this location and in Istanbul in general.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning as soon as I can!

Room Tip: My room faced a street corner. I found it quiet and fun to watch the people walking below.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andi G
deniz m, Genel Müdür at SV Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Our dear guests.
This interpretation of our hotel are to thank for.
We are happy to see you again in our hotel.
Best regards.
general manager
deniz ​​Mertoglu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

sv boutique is very beautiful hotel in taksim square ,nice view very near to the square, the room is small but enough for 2 persons , the room have a small bathroom , Breakfast was very good, with an excellent choice of breads , i hope to back again soon in SV boutique

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Omar D
Our dear guests.
This interpretation of our hotel are to thank for.
We are happy to see you again in our hotel.
Best regards.
general manager
deniz ​​Mertoglu
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

A fab little hotel, situated just a short walk from the transport hub of Taksim square. Lively area but not too noisy. Rooms were small but very clean, showers were efficient, flat screen tv's and fast wireless Internet all added to our very pleasant stay. Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful
(Especially Karim who spoke excellent English). Breakfast was very good, with an excellent choice of breads, cold meats, fruit, cheese etc. Waitresses were attentive and always ensured we had fresh coffee. Would definitely recommend this hotel, was great value.

Room Tip: Top two floors have lovely rooms but all are currently being upgraded.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Βολο
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

A very pleasant, small hotel in the heart of the city within easy reach of everything one might want to see during such a short stay. Special thanks to Meral, the charming receptionist, for her willingness to provide me with information. I will certainly book there when I am in Istanbul again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed for single night last week of March. Room was ok but the bathroom is too small. This hotel is located in a short walking distance from Taksim square and from the Taksim bus station. So this makes the location very convenient to go around the city. Hotel staff is polite but all can not talk in english. Also i had difficulty in my check out as the hotel software was down at that time which made the process very slow. And the worst was that they gave me a hand written in-voice. I am still following over phone to get a scanned bill. I am sure that when I visit the city again, I won;t stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you have to catch an early morning flight, this is not the right hotel as there is hardly anyone...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jönköping, Jönköpings Län, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Close to Taksim square. Not so big hotel. It was calm and not noisy. Good breakfast. Bathroom was new renovated. The rooms are a little dark, need some more lamps. The manager said that
the rooms also will be renovate.The staaf kind and good service.

Room Tip: We recommend the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have been in Istanbul for many times and in different places.I can say that this hotel is one of my faver hotel and everytime I come to Istanbul,I will come this hotel.

staf are so friendly and nice open bufe breakfast.Ofcourse hotel manager Denis also so helpful

I can recemand this hotel to everone who want to go Istanbul and want to stay in Taksim area.

Room Tip: corner rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business