“Fantastic family hotel”
Review of Ada Hotel Istanbul

Ada Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #12 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in two double rooms as a family of 4. The Ada Hotel is in a picturesque, quiet site facing the Marmara Sea and yet just 5 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia and many other sites.Staff are very friendly and helpful - a car was arranged to collect us from the airport. Nothing was too difficult for the staff; notable help to arrange car hire and find a free parking space right next to the hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean with free and fast wifi, Cable TV (300+ channels). Superb breakfast included, eaten on a roof terrace with a great sea view - sets you up for the day. Very much recommended, we would stay here again. Having traveled through much of Asia and Europe this rates as one of the best hotels we have stayed in

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room with a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Neil H
There are newer reviews for Ada Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is set in the old city of Istanbul. After emailing, a car was organised to meet me at the airport and back again, it was on time and great value. The hotel is very close to the attractions in the old city and I could walk to them all in just a few minutes. I used the travel company in the hotel to book excursions and they were very reasonable. These were booked before I arrived and were fantastic, I loved the trip to Gallipoli. My room had a lovely view over the old city and out to sea. It was comfortable and all amenities were perfect from the bed to the bathroom. The owner is an absolute delight to deal with, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was delicious and served on the balcony with the beautiful view. I am so looking forward to returning and sharing this wonderful place with my family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights before moving on to a previously booked hotel down the road, however, would have been more than happy to stay here for our 6 nights in Istanbul. Location is 5 minutes walk from Sultanahmet and most attractions are also within easy walking distance - Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Arasta Bazaar, etc. It's safe and easy to get around, even late at night. Our room was on the 2nd floor, so unfortunately no view for us, but we were out from early morning to late evening, so wouldn't have had the opportunity to enjoy it. Breakfast on the terrace made up for this with a beautiful outlook over the Marmara Sea. You were spoiled for choice with so many options for breakfast and staff were helpful with explanations of some of the dishes. Our room was small but clean and comfortable. We had the added advantage of a small kitchenette, but with so many cheap options available for lunch/dinner we didn't avail ourselves. The owner was reserved but friendly. He kindly allowed my son and 2 of his friends who were leaving Istanbul late at night to leave their luggage in our room for the day and even invited them to have breakfast with us at no additional cost. He also booked an airport transfer for them with a pickup at the hotel. Would highly recommend Ada Hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizg007
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We throughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely boutique style hotel. The rooms are very comfortable. We were fortunate to have a room with a view of a mosque and the Marmara Sea. It is very well located for exploring Sultanahmet on foot. The owner is friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were truly wonderful with many diverse dishes on offer. The breakfast was far superior to any others we had during our stay in Turkey. We enjoyed interacting with the women who work at the hotel. We will definitely return to this hotel in future visits to Istanbul. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the water. It's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank iatrippers
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visited Istanbul with my fiancee and decided to stay at the Ada hotel. This was easily one of best decisions I've made and from now on whenever we visit Istanbul, we'll definitely choose Ada to be our hotel of choice.

The hotel is extremely well equipped and has excellent amenities and services. On top of that, the hotel itself and the location where it's situated are quite beautiful. The staff is polite, helpful and very, very professional.

I will definitely recommend the Ada hotel to anyone who is visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AbhinavA60763
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel couple of months ago when I was visiting Istanbul with a friend of mine. I can say that it was one of the best hotel experiences I ever had. First of all, it is located in the center of a most touristic neighborhood. So, it was super convenient. On top of that, the hotel itself was very beautiful, authentic and clean. The owners were very lovely and friendly. They did their best to make ourselves comfortable. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Enjoy Istanbul with the great service Ada Hotel provides you.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I ve booked this hotel after looking at the reviews. My partner and I had a long flight. We arrived early in the morning. As soon as we entered the hotel the hotel owner Dogan made us feel like were home. First he took us to our room and then took us to the terrace for breakfast even though the first day the breakfast wasn't included in the first day.
He didn't even charge us for the extra breakfast we had. We stayed 4 nights and what can I say uncle Dogan is incredible with his customers. He told us where to shop where to eat so we don't get ripped off. He is so honest. You have to be careful in Turkey as most places have a different price for tourists which is a rip off. On the third day of my stay it was my birthday. Uncle Dogan went out of his way and got us a bottle of wine and a birthday cake for me. Now where do you get this kindness really I've never seen it anywhere. My partner asked him if he could get a dozen Roses, again he went out and got him those beautiful dozen Roses for what locals would pay. I've never been treated this good anywhere in the world through out my travels. The

• Stayed: June 2013