““Superb small boutique hotel””
Review of Ada Hotel Istanbul

Ada Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #15 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Ada is very central just 2 minutes to Hippodrome, Blue Mosque and Saint Sophia. Our room was well decorated and very clean.  Breakfast was on the top floor with a great view of ocean and a Bryazntine ruins. The staff was ready to help you for your day planning and they were very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Ai first it was awkward to notice that this is a family business (like many in the area). That said, don't expect a formal treatment with staff taking your luggage to you room. The owner will appear and want to chat with you!

Ada Hotel is very well located and you will be able to do everythig by feet. The rooms are cozy and the bathroom is renovated!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This quaint hotel is a fantastic find. Not only is it exceptional value for money but the hosts are the most welcoming, helpful and generous couple I've come across during my travels. The rooms are spacious, clean, air conditioned and the level 5 terrace has unbeatable views of the sea and city.

The breakfast is fantastic too- seems silly but after travelling in turkey for 3 weeks and eating copious amount of bread you'll understand why I say variety is essential. Best breakfast selection I've seen!

A 5 minute walk to grand bizarre and Hagia Sofia makes the location perfect for sightseeing. There are lots of great cafes and restaurants close by too.

The hosts went out of there way to offer advice on where to eat and what to do and as a solo traveller they really looked after me. I cannot thank them enough for making my time in Istanbul so enjoyable.

I highly recommend staying here- it was by far the best place I stayed and will most deffinitely be returning. Please do yourself a favor and book a room, you will not regret it!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Hellolc
Reviewed September 6, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

First impressions matter. I was greeted by the owner outside the hotel and he kindly took my bags. I was offered a free upgrade to the suite simply because it was available. The owner showed me around and made me feel very welcome. I quickly learned that the hotel offered good free wifi, free international phone calls and water at supermarket prices. I started to wonder what it could be like if the owner were CEO of a global hotel chain. He certainly knows how to give customers what they really want.

The next morning I sampled many tasty foods from an extensive breakfast buffet, whilst sitting on the roof terrace, under blue skies, looking out over the ocean.

The hotel is a very short walk to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sofia and therefore ideally located for Istanbul's top attractions.

If you prefer smaller family run hotels, this is recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Seat_9F
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at Ada Hotel on August and we chose the Ada Hotel mainly because of its location which is located in the old part of Istanbul so glad we did. The hotel is in the Sultanahmet which is the perfect part of the city to stay to see the likes of the Blue Mosque (amazing, especially lit up by night!), Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace and there's a brilliant tram service running through Sultanahmet so you can easily get to the Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, the Bospherous and other places which lie just outside of Sultanahmet.Additionally a big warm welcome on arrival, attentive staff and a lovely room with a comfy bed. It was really unforgettable pleasure to have breakfast with great Istanbul view.Staff was super friendly and helpful and I recommend Ada Hotel to others.We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shauna186338
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Considering the location of the hotel and the price this is an excellent hotel.
It is family run, which we really like - not keen on the chains so much. They did their best to help us with all our requests, and were very efficient.
The hotel is located in what we thought was the best part of the old town. Close to key attractions and on a beautiful street.
The call to prayer in the early morning was part of what makes a trip to a city like this. If you're not interested in this, or hate being woken up at early hours find a different city to visit frankly - most mosques have got speaker systems that amplify the sound to a large radius. On the first night there, we got woken at approx 5.15 and decided to go to the blue mosque - what an experience, all the locals seemed to be there for a major service.
Back to the hotel, our room was very clean when we arrived and kept very clean every day. It wasn't the biggest but it had everything we needed. For us, when visiting cities all we need is a clean room with all the facilities that you need.
The breakfast was great - on the top terrace of the hotel overlooking the city and sea, stunning. We enjoyed the food too, plenty to choose from and very authentic.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple