Hotel Niles Istanbul
$147
$109
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$34
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrand bazaarjunior suiterooftop terraceapple tea and turkish delightturkish bathbeyazit tram stationblue mosqueold cityturkeyrecommend hoteltram stopminute walkwithin walking distancebreakfast is servedevery morningthe hotel staffhagia sophia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Hotel Nilesl is located off the main street and very quiet. One block to Ordu Caddesi and the tramway. We were awakened each day with the Call to Prayer. Wonderful sound. This area is in the wholesale shopping district. About a 20 minute walk to the Blue Mosque once we had our route down packed. We walked to the Spice Bazaar, Grand Bazaar and visited Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern and much more from our location. Breakfast was provided on the rooftop of the Hotel. An open area for those who wanted fresh air and an enclosed area for those who wanted to be toasty warm. A nice view too. A wonderful breakfast. Variety, freshness, tasty and hot foods were hot. Cold foods were cold. Authentic food items were out of this world. On our day of departure we were leaving very early and were provided coffee in our room as well as a lunch to eat on the way. Outstanding. The rooms were comfortable, roomy as we were 3. 1 Double bed and 1 single. The single was very comfortable. Clean. TV worked well. Internet, Wi-fi was great. We had a junior suite with a Turkish Bath and shower. Big enough for all 3 to get organized with good timing. We had a kettle and coffee, sugar, tea and dry milk was provided. Cups, spoons etc. Fridge as well. Very convenient. The reception personnel were great at providing information, direction and letting us know where we could find lunch and dinner. You could order food at the roof top but it came from the Restaurant next door. This was ok and provided me with a small snack when back at the Hotel after a long day of sightseeing. You could have drinks on the roof top as well. Very handy. I have ticked the box below for Restaurant, however it was not really a restaurant per say. I have given a 4 for the location as I would stay closer to the Blue Mosque area on my next visit.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd or 4th floor. There was a lift. The stairs were easy climbing. Close to walk to the roof top. We slept with our windows open as none of us care for AC and like a bit of fresh air. The call to prayer was a beautiful sound and as I am an early riser did not bother me at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Debra Y
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a super boutique hotel well-located in one of the world's great cities. Easy walking distace to the Grand Bazaar and tram or walking to all the main sites. Great place from which to explore more off the beaten path venues. You can easily find excellent, reasonable restaurants in the neighborhood. Roof-top breakfast a beautiful way to start your day. Our third time staying here and we definitely would on our next visit.

Room Tip: Stay as high up as you can.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelFish08
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have no complaints all about this property. It is located very close to the main avenue in Sultanahmed and not more than 8 minutes from the tram line. One can walk all over the old town without using the public transport system. I would like to highlight the staff at the Hotel. The front desk manager is outstanding. Besides having a concierge knowledge of the city and its surrounding areas, he is such a great pal. I had the opportunity to stay in both areas of the hotel, the junior suites side and the regular side. Both are quite well maintained and spotless clean. the Junior suite does offer the nice Hamam, which is fun and relaxing after a day of walk in town.
Breakfast was also quite comprehensive with all sorts of breads, cheese and salads, as well as some eggy dishes.
All I can say is that I fully recommend this hotel for other travelers and I would like to thank the FD Manager for all the time he dedicated to us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ernesto A
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at the hotel in mid December. Would recommend staying in the newer remodeled part of the hotel. Worth the extra money. Great location, within walking distance of all major attractions.
The staff is exceptionally helpful. Our daughter forgot her RayBan sunglasses in the room. When we emailed the hotel, they sent us a picture, and then mailed them to us carefully packed, by certified mail. They refused my offer to compensate them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LAfamily-Dec2013
Reviewed January 28, 2014

It you are looking for quiet boutique hotel in a good location with a pleasant staff, good breakfast and nicely appointed rooms, I highly recommend Hotel Niles. My six-day visit to this fascinating city in June 2013 was enhanced by selecting this hotel. The staff was extra friendly, offering invaluable advice and even went above and beyond their call of duty by helping me fix my computer. In addition, the breakfast was excellent and the location is ideal for visiting a lot of the major sites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo